2021-2022 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone had luck reaching out to Brian or someone else in admissions? I don't want to be annoying, but I'd love to know when I can expect to hear something...
I feel like Brian’s job is just to give a very vague answer about the timeline (always seems to throw in “give or take a week” at the end of whatever date he says) in an effort to stall and buy the committee some time. I don’t think he actually knows, or has any control over it at least, since every timeline he’s given to friends who’ve asked and others here on SDN has been at least a couple weeks off from the actual time they hear back.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
I feel like Brian’s job is just to give a very vague answer about the timeline (always seems to throw in “give or take a week” at the end of whatever date he says) in an effort to stall and buy the committee some time. I don’t think he actually knows, or has any control over it at least, since every timeline he’s given to friends who’ve asked and others here on SDN has been at least a couple weeks off from the actual time they hear back.
Great username. Also, you are a lot smarter than the character who plays you on TV.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I withdrew my acceptance today so fingers crossed for all of you waiting!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone have any idea for when we will find about scholarships?

Reactions: 1 users
I was just told that there was an online application for scholarships that needed to be done by April 1st. I thought that we were already considered for scholarships without making any additional applications? This is very unfortunate news if it’s true.

I was just told that there was an online application for scholarships that needed to be done by April 1st. I thought that we were already considered for scholarships without making any additional applications? This is very unfortunate news if it’s true.
Should just be the FAFSA w/parents info included. If there is another application, guessing everyone else is screwed too!

They have been pretty consistently saying there is no other application, just the FASFA. That information was for previous years.

Reactions: 3 users
They have been pretty consistently saying there is no other application, just the FASFA. That information was for previous years.
Yes, that’s what I thought as well. However, the financial aid office just stated that there was a separate application due on the 1st. Which I don’t think anyone of us knew about.

Yes, that’s what I thought as well. However, the financial aid office just stated that there was a separate application due on the 1st. Which I don’t think anyone of us knew about.
Doubt anyone did it then. People asked about this on the virtual accepted students day and they basically said they did away with it. Could be someone going off old info that told you that.

Reactions: 4 users
do you all think a WL is the most common post interview outcome? at this point, I'd take an R or an A, I just want a definitive answer when I get one lol

Hello, I just got confirmation that the message was fake news :)

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Current M1 West Reading-ite and former waitlister here. Just wanted to stop in and say this cycle is definitely not over if you’re on the waitlist. If it’s anything like last year, they’ll pull from the WL all the way through June (and probs a select few in July as late withdrawals happen). Last year I interviewed mid April, WL late may, and was accepted around the second week of June. I would expect it to be similar this year. I also was assigned to the West Reading campus (Philly fills up first, so a lot of waitlist will go to WR), but honestly I’m pretty happy with it here.
Feel free to ask me any questions. I’ll try to pop in here when I can. Best of luck everyone!!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Has anyone been able to contact them? I tried calling and get sent straight to voicemail. I am trying to find out when WL movement may start and if they are expecting to have a lot of movement. I was also going to ask when people who interviewed are going to hear.

Has anyone been able to contact them? I tried calling and get sent straight to voicemail. I am trying to find out when WL movement may start and if they are expecting to have a lot of movement. I was also going to ask when people who interviewed are going to hear.
Lol I sent an email like a month ago and never got a reply

• Haha
does drexel do a ranked or unraked waitlist?
I found a PDF from AAMC and these are the waitlist procedures they have for Drexel: "The waitlist is ranked by the Admissions Committee. If applicants are taken from the waitlist, they are called/ emailed and asked to reply ASAP. Waitlisted applicants may send up three updates. " So it sounds like it's ranked, I just don't think we'll get to know our rank

I found a PDF from AAMC and these are the waitlist procedures they have for Drexel: "The waitlist is ranked by the Admissions Committee. If applicants are taken from the waitlist, they are called/ emailed and asked to reply ASAP. Waitlisted applicants may send up three updates. " So it sounds like it's ranked, I just don't think we'll get to know our rank
Pretty sure this is correct. I never knew my rank

thank you!!

Huge congrats!! Had you previously been waitlisted?
Nope, they’re just taking 12 weeks on average (😩🔫) to get back to anyone so this is the first I’ve heard from them. No pre-II hold and I did not send any update letter/LOI or anything beforehand. Just trying to cover all my bases for anyone wondering out there haha

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone remember how many interview days there were in February? I'm dying over here with my early March interview. I am getting close to needing to renew a lease where I'm living now. It really sucks not knowing where I'm gonna live in a couple of months!

Anyone remember how many interview days there were in February? I'm dying over here with my early March interview. I am getting close to needing to renew a lease where I'm living now. It really sucks not knowing where I'm gonna live in a couple of months!
It really is hard to not know where you are going to live. Hang in there! See if your apartment complex will allow you to go month to month!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users

Also in the same boat. I'm very frustrated with the committee. Especially since people before and after me have heard back and I'm just sitting here wondering if they honestly forgot about me

Also in the same boat. I'm very frustrated with the committee. Especially since people before and after me have heard back and I'm just sitting here wondering if they honestly forgot about me
When did you interview? At least we're not alone, right?

For those accepted to DO schools but WL with Drexel, are y’all gonna stick it out until the end or make travel arrangements/pay housing deposits for your DO school soon?

I hope march interviewees start hearing back tomorrow..

For those accepted to DO schools but WL with Drexel, are y’all gonna stick it out until the end or make travel arrangements/pay housing deposits for your DO school soon?
My program starts next month... I have tried to hold out as long as I can but I think I need to start booking flights soon. But since it starts in the summer, a lot of undergrads are subleasing their apt; so I think I will sub-lease for the summer term. When fall rolls around, I should hear back (?) and could sign a lease then. But man, I have never been so stressed... MCAT was less stressful than this lol

• Care
WL yesterday, interviewed 2/24. Hope that everyone waiting for a decision hears back soon!

• Care
Just got an email regarding general application for scholarships (literally takes less than a minute to fill out lol), so it looks like slowly but surely they are preparing for scholarships! Says the scholarship cycle begins July 1st.

Reactions: 2 users