2021-2022 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email regarding general application for scholarships (literally takes less than a minute to fill out lol), so it looks like slowly but surely they are preparing for scholarships! Says the scholarship cycle begins July 1st.
Hey which application?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an email regarding general application for scholarships (literally takes less than a minute to fill out lol), so it looks like slowly but surely they are preparing for scholarships! Says the scholarship cycle begins July 1st.
Did it just ask you for hometown and name lol? I was confused bc it seemed way too short

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you my friend! It feels so surreal
I've seen you in this thread for a while. Congrats! Well deserved. Now go celebrate

Party Dancing GIF by Florida Georgia Line

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Did it just ask you for hometown and name lol? I was confused bc it seemed way too short
There was a second part to that application. Hometown and name was just the general application. There was also a college of medicine scholarship application that asked more things like 1st gen student, specialty interest, demographic-type questions. If you were looking at it on your phone, you would not have seen it in profile orientation since the menu was off to the side – I had to unlock my screen orientation and flip it to landscape mode and then saw the other part because the survey seemed too short like you said haha

Hey, could I ask what application this is?
It was just emailed to us from Drexel Central, not sure if it was just for students who have already been accepted though

Drexel: "There is no scholarship application"
Drexel: "Wait, there is a scholarship application"
Drexel: "Who said that? There is no application"
Also Drexel: "Jk guys here's the application"

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like Tower Health is going to open dermatology and orthopedic surgery residency programs pretty soon. Does that mean Drexel will eventually have home programs in those competitive specialties?

Also, it looks like those residency programs will be open through the Reading Hospital. Does that mean it would be better to select west reading campus if one’s interested in those competitive specialties? Thoughts?

Can someone please DM me the accepted student fb group link? I can’t see it on the portal until I officially accept and I can’t do that unless I give up my other acceptance. Thank you!

Is anyone able to get any admissions office employe on the phone? I want to ask when they expect WL movement to start.

Looks like Tower Health is going to open dermatology and orthopedic surgery residency programs pretty soon. Does that mean Drexel will eventually have home programs in those competitive specialties?

Also, it looks like those residency programs will be open through the Reading Hospital. Does that mean it would be better to select west reading campus if one’s interested in those competitive specialties? Thoughts?

It's a hard choice. In general, being in a bigger city (and being surrounded by more students) will give you more opportunities. But the Reading campus sounds great, especially with the new thing you mention

Does anyone know when they get campus assignments back to us? Brian told me there was a draw/lottery on Friday but I haven't heard anything since. Want to start looking for housing/roommates!

Does anyone know when they get campus assignments back to us? Brian told me there was a draw/lottery on Friday but I haven't heard anything since. Want to start looking for housing/roommates!
Have you checked your portal? It should be under admissions decision!

tbh if that's the only reason you'd want to be at the WR campus, I wouldn't necessarily do it. iirc, philly students still have the choice to select their 3rd year rotations to be done at tower health in WR.

tbh if that's the only reason you'd want to be at the WR campus, I wouldn't necessarily do it. iirc, philly students still have the choice to select their 3rd year rotations to be done at tower health in WR.
Philly campus students can select WR for third year but it’s not guaranteed. WR students are guaranteed third year at WR

Just withdrew. hopefully one of y'all gets the A. Does anyone know if Drexel gives deposit refunds after may 1?

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just withdrew my A, really hoping it goes to one of you!!!!! Hang in there friends

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know how many weeks it's taking Drexel to get back to interviewed students on average?

Does anyone know how many weeks it's taking Drexel to get back to interviewed students on average?
Based solely on this thread I'd say at least 8 weeks. Someone who interviewed on 3/3 heard back last week which was the most recent interview date reported.

How many days after being accepted did people get an email about scholarship information. I haven't received any official emails from Drexel in my new email account

How many days after being accepted did people get an email about scholarship information. I haven't received any official emails from Drexel in my new email account
I was accepted mid april and heard about scholarship last week so around 3-4 weeks for me.

Has anyone heard back about endowment scholarships after submitting the application?

Based solely on this thread I'd say at least 8 weeks. Someone who interviewed on 3/3 heard back last week which was the most recent interview date reported.
Meanwhile there's a person a few posts earlier who interviewed 12 weeks ago with no response yet...

Meanwhile there's a person a few posts earlier who interviewed 12 weeks ago with no response yet...
Yeah it really should not be possible for that to happen. You know they care so much about wellness tho🤗

has anyone tried asking if they share anything about our waitlist positions? I know its ranked so even knowing top half or bottom half would help tbh

has anyone tried asking if they share anything about our waitlist positions? I know its ranked so even knowing top half or bottom half would help tbh
I called and asked when I was initially put on the waitlist about a month ago and they said they don’t share our position on the waitlist

What number did you call I always get sent straight to voicemail.
yeah same here. Left a voicemail regarding the WL but haven't heard back yet. Though they did have a graduation last Friday so maybe they were a bit busy. Either way, looking at last year's thread, I don't think they pull people off until June

yeah same here. Left a voicemail regarding the WL but haven't heard back yet. Though they did have a graduation last Friday so maybe they were a bit busy. Either way, looking at last year's thread, I don't think they pull people off until June
they started pulling off WL in like march or april last year. seems like they are very behind

they started pulling off WL in like march or april last year. seems like they are very behind
That, or they're retaining a lot of people who were offered acceptances. The Facebook group has 295+ members including 11 admin, and I don't think this includes the students from the guaranteed admissions program Drexel offers.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Are they only sending out waitlists now? Is there any chance of an A for March and April interviewees
Only if they still have spots in the class. In the middle of May, the chances of getting an initial A are the same as getting called off the WL, since you are certainly being compared to the top ranked people there.

Somehow most schools seem to be a little behind , it’s so frustrating sitting with these WL and all this anxiety

Reactions: 2 users
My optimistic side is telling me that maybe they do WL's before A's? Big time cope, I know.

Reactions: 3 users