2021-2022 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone experiencing issues scheduling the interview on the portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone experiencing issues scheduling the interview on the portal?
I had issues for a while this morning and emailed after ~2 hours of being unable to schedule. I reached out via the "contact us" hyperlink in the site and it was fixed within an hour!

I had issues for a while this morning and emailed after ~2 hours of being unable to schedule. I reached out via the "contact us" hyperlink in the site and it was fixed within an hour!
Thanks so much. I will do just that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tfw you see other ppl getting II’s from schools you applied to…. 🥲 anyway congrats to those who received IIs today

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
got an ii a few hours ago! complete 7/10, oos urm

Reactions: 2 users
II :)! Completed 7/13. AECOM is my 1st (and possibly only) interview, so I am forever thankful.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm annoyed because the interview scheduling portal was not working for me yesterday. After IT fixed the issue, I was forced to pick a date one month after my initial choice. Since the issue was on their end, would it be worth it to (politely) ask to be put on a waitlist for an earlier date?

I'm annoyed because the interview scheduling portal was not working for me yesterday. After IT fixed the issue, I was forced to pick a date one month after my initial choice. Since the issue was on their end, would it be worth it to (politely) ask to be put on a waitlist for an earlier date?
You can if you'd like, but remember that Einstein doesn't send out their first wave of acceptances until February - the timing of your interview may not be as important here as it could be elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 users
You can if you'd like, but remember that Einstein doesn't send out their first wave of acceptances until February - the timing of your interview may not be as important here as it could be elsewhere.
WHAT??? STOP.

I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL FEBRUARY TO FIND OUT??? 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

WHAT??? STOP.

I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL FEBRUARY TO FIND OUT??? 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
More and more schools are moving towards the non-rolling admissions model unfortunately :///

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Lol got an email from admissions telling me to resubmit my photo because it wasn't clear.
If you want to read tea leaves this might be a good sign. If they were going to reject you, would it matter how clear your picture was?? :)

Reactions: 8 users
Current MS1 at Einstein, happy to help answer any questions you guys may have with my thus far limited time here!

• Care
Current MS1 at Einstein, happy to help answer any questions you guys may have with my thus far limited time here!
Awesome - thanks for offering! What is the living situation like? The admission brochure mostly discusses the available on-campus housing. Have you found that students utilize that and like it, or do most people live off-campus?

How was your interview experience? Is there anything that you wish you knew ahead of time?

Awesome - thanks for offering! What is the living situation like? The admission brochure mostly discusses the available on-campus housing. Have you found that students utilize that and like it, or do most people live off-campus?
I would say almost 95%+ of the student population here (MDs, MD-PhD, PhD, Postdocs) live on campus around here. We have 3, 28 floor apartment buildings (1945 Eastchester, 1935, and 1925) and we all share a central courtyard in the middle. I live in a quite spacious two-bedroom (160 and 250 sq ft rooms) with one other person and we only pay $550 a month with all utilities and wifi included (practically unheard of in NYC). There is also security in every building's lobby, a laundry room, and a Luxer package system too. Gated parking is not included (most students don't drive) but is available for $90 a month.

At least in my Class, everyone loves the on-campus housing because it facilitates a sort of bonding unlike anywhere else. The only people that commute are the ones that have family nearby like in Flushing or Bronx. Within one week almost the entire class already knows each other and if you want to hang out with someone, it's as simple as telling them your apt unit or meeting in the courtyard. The Falk gym is extremely nice (full indoor basketball court, lap pool, many treadmills and workout machines) and is located right next to the courtyard as well -- I go every morning at 6:30 with my roommate and get to class by 8. Another great thing is that it takes you only 5 minutes to walk to the main lecture hall and research labs and 10 minutes to the main hospital.

One drawback is that the buildings are a little bit older than most people may be used too, especially if they aren't from NYC. But they renovated quite a bit and the rooms are spacious as I mentioned earlier. Overall, for $550 (even cheaper if you live with 2 others) you can't complain and students of all levels here love the housing and community.

Reactions: 9 users
How was your interview experience? Is there anything that you wish you knew ahead of time?
My interview experience was excellent! It was very casual and I just had a great conversation with my interviewer. I would say that you should definitely know your own application well, however, and a bit about the neighborhood of the Bronx. Although this wasn't my own angle, my classmates said that Einstein highly values community service and this is certainly true from my experience during orientation and classes. You should know a little about the ECHO free clinic and other service-based projects available for you at Einstein. As for my timeline, I was personally interviewed after the initial A wave, received an "April Update" email, and didn't receive my A until June 1st. I was not placed on a waitlist or "high priority" waitlist, and was accepted directly.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
I would say almost 95%+ of the student population here (MDs, MD-PhD, PhD, Postdocs) live on campus around here. We have 3, 28 floor apartment buildings (1945 Eastchester, 1935, and 1925) and we all share a central courtyard in the middle.
Thanks for replying! If we have a significant other that is moving with us, are we able to utilize on-campus housing? Or is on-campus housing (in those three apartments) only for students of Einstein? Also, what are the different types of apartments available (one-bed, two-bed, three-bed, etc etc.)?

Thanks for replying! If we have a significant other that is moving with us, are we able to utilize on-campus housing? Or is on-campus housing (in those three apartments) only for students of Einstein? Also, what are the different types of apartments available (one-bed, two-bed, three-bed, etc etc.)?
All students who move in with a significant other or family will be guaranteed a studio apartment. All other students will either have to get lucky or wait 2-3 years to be placed into a studio. Your significant other will be given an Einstein ID badge just like everyone else and they will be able to take advantage of the amenities available to students as well. We actually have a surprisingly high number of couples and families here. We often see kids running around in the courtyard and drawing with chalk; It's very cute.

The floor plans for the different types of apartments can be found here. What you will see is that the "One bedroom" is actually a 2 bedroom apartment because they converted all the old living rooms into a second room. Same with a "Two bedroom" -- it is now a 3 bedroom.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
All students who move in with a significant other or family will be guaranteed a studio apartment. All other students will either have to get lucky or wait 2-3 years to be placed into a studio. Your significant other will be given an Einstein ID badge just like everyone else and they will be able to take advantage of the amenities available to students as well. We actually have a surprisingly high number of couples and families here. We often see kids running around in the courtyard and drawing with chalk; It's very cute.

The floor plans for the different types of apartments can be found here. What you will see is that the "One bedroom" is actually a 2 bedroom apartment because they converted all the old living rooms into a second room. Same with a "Two bedroom" -- it is now a 3 bedroom.
Hi all, second MS1 here at AECOM chiming in! I just want to point out that only LEGAL significant others or long-term domestic partners can receive housing at Einstein. Meaning, you must be married and/or show proof of long-term domestic partnership such as shared leases, credit card statements, shared bank accounts etc. Unfortunately, without that your partner cannot live with you on campus. But yes, if you move with an approved SO you are guaranteed a studio, and if you have children you can apply for a larger 1 or 2br apartment.

Good luck everyone! Feel free to shoot me any questions as well :)

Is the URL for the "Albert Einstein College of Medicine COMPETENCIES" not working for anyone else? I know that I could just google the competencies, but I want to use the one that they provide if possible.

Einstein has been changing over it's intranet system. If you run into a broken URL beginning with 'einstein.yu.edu', take that out and replace it with 'einsteinmed.org'. and you should be good to go! Most things are corrected but you do run into URLs that haven't been updated yet in the documentation here and there.

**update for anyone still running into this issue, we are now officially a .edu organization so URL's should start with einsteinmed.edu now. Sites should redirect from .org to .edu but every now and then there's a glitch

Last edited:
Einstein has been changing over it's intranet system. If you run into a broken URL beginning with 'einstein.yu.edu', take that out and replace it with 'einsteinmed.org. and you should be good to go! Most things are corrected but you do run into URLs that haven't been updated yet in the documentation here and there.
Is there a reason they use .org instead of .edu? I noticed that with the email addresses, too.

Is there a reason they use .org instead of .edu? I noticed that with the email addresses, too.
Looks like a hospital system in Philly already grabbed it! :)

One of the many costs of disassociating with Yeshiva.

Last edited:
We have legally separated from Yeshiva University and we are now the official medical school of the Montefiore Medicine health care system. We just received full independent accreditation from the Middle States Commission on Higher Ed this year and so I presume that we will be making the switch from .org to .edu sometime soon.

read more abt it here.

Just got an II, the adrenaline rush is real!!! Complete 7/4

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Also just got an II. Currently trying to get past the "you are not allowed to register yet" error.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
+1 OOS II, complete 7/4, also unable to register for interview lol

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Update: I was just able to register and sign up for my interview time, so anyone who was having trouble should try again now!

II. OOS. Complete 07/09. Also portal issues :/ will update once I’m able to schedule. Update: was able to schedule :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
II just now LM 75 OOS

• Love
II just now as well, I’m in shock! Registration portal is working fine now so the issues must be resolved!

• Love
Also got an II (first one!!)- does anyone know what the format is? I can't seem to find much info on their portal about this

• Love
Also got an II (first one!!)- does anyone know what the format is? I can't seem to find much info on their portal about this
From MSAR

"Applicants invited for an interview will meet with one member of the Admissions Committee. The interview usually lasts 30-60 minutes, and is conducted by a clinician or scientist from the committee."

• Love
II!!!!!!!! OOS, ORM, no ties to the area, complete 7/12, LM 76!!! So excited for the opportunity!!!!

I just got one too! an II OOS, but I am also having troubles with the portal too.