-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Florida Atlantic
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WhiteCoatDreams.
Full Member
I don’t know. After the interview I received an email to submit a scholarship application “at this time.” So I did it earlier this week.I didn’t do any scholarship apps yet, are we supposed to?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WhiteCoatDreams.
Full Member
I interviewed on the 4th and my portal says “interview report completed”anyone else who interviewed 10/04 having portal show
Admissions Committee Scheduled
I thought we were supposed to hear back today; shouldn't the admissions committee have already convened?
PleaseAcceptMe@MedSchools
Full Member
Nope I never got that. That’s weird, did everyone else receive this email?I don’t know. After the interview I received an email to submit a scholarship application “at this time.” So I did it earlier this week.
PleaseAcceptMe@MedSchools
Full Member
Anyone receive the call yet?
aminoacid97
Full Member
They're also supposed to put it on the portal right?Anyone receive the call yet?
PleaseAcceptMe@MedSchools
Full Member
Yeah she said portal gets updated around 3:30 but I was looking at previous years sdn threads and apparently you get a phone call from Monica by 1:00 if you got the acceptance. Maybe they’re not doing that this year?They're also supposed to put it on the portal right?
WhiteCoatDreams.
Full Member
Yes should be on the portal by 3pm. But they’ll also potentially callThey're also supposed to put it on the portal right?
WhiteCoatDreams.
Full Member
Hmm. Check your email again? Spam? Did you receive an email after your interview?Nope I never got that. That’s weird, did everyone else receive this email?
Also, are you IS or OOS?
PleaseAcceptMe@MedSchools
Full Member
I did, nothing. And I’m IS, maybe that’s why?Hmm. Check your email again? Spam? Did you receive an email after your interview?
Also, are you IS or OOS?
WhiteCoatDreams.
Full Member
Does anyone know how many people they accept for today?
PleaseAcceptMe@MedSchools
Full Member
No idea I don’t think that’s released. But no one said they got the call on this thread tho so maybe it’s just gonna be released on the portal?Does anyone know how many people they accept for today?
WhiteCoatDreams.
Full Member
They may call later today! So anxiousNo idea I don’t think that’s released. But no one said they got the call on this thread tho so maybe it’s just gonna be released on the portal?
aminoacid97
Full Member
My portal updated. Alternate list
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same here, I expected it tbhMy portal updated. Alternate list
Did you get an email or just refreshed?same here, I expected it tbh
Alternate list via portal (no email). Ah well.
i’m super surprised you didn’t get accepted.Alternate list via portal (no email). Ah well.
I was looking at the thread for last year and it seemed like mid stat applicants don’t get accepted in the beginning, but higher stat ones do
PleaseAcceptMe@MedSchools
Full Member
No update yet, maybe they input different decisions at different times so not looking too hot for me lol.
WhiteCoatDreams.
Full Member
Not necessarily. No update may mean they’ll call youNo update yet, maybe they input different decisions at different times so not looking too hot for me lol.
what would be considered mid stat?i’m super surprised you didn’t get accepted.
I was looking at the thread for last year and it seemed like mid stat applicants don’t get accepted in the beginning, but higher stat ones do
what are your stats?HERES HOPING.
it still says
Admissions Committee Scheduled
D: I'm supposed to hear back today!
What is your Casper?Alternate list via portal (no email). Ah well.
+1Does anyone know how many people they accept for today?
3rd quartileWhat is your Casper?
They told us during the interview day that they were going to use the alternate list aggressively and to not be surprised/discouraged if we were given that decision. They pull a large portion of their matriculants off the alternate list. Admittedly, I have quite a few interviews so maybe they assume I would go elsewhere.i’m super surprised you didn’t get accepted.
I was looking at the thread for last year and it seemed like mid stat applicants don’t get accepted in the beginning, but higher stat ones do
They told us during the interview day that they were going to use the alternate list aggressively and to not be surprised/discouraged if we were given that decision. They pull a large portion of their matriculants off the alternate list. Admittedly, I have quite a few interviews so maybe they assume I would go elsewhere.
Small schools do this. Nova MD also does the same, accepts very few people early on but has significant WL movement
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NaKATPase413
ORM, CA RESIDENT, LM 76.7, WARS 79 (Readjusted)
I also interviewed on the 4th. Nothing on my end either. Monica Lopez said we should hear back on the 15th. We have another hour to go.
ayyy another 4th interviewer. yeah, should we text her if we don't hear back by 3?I also interviewed on the 4th. Nothing on my end either. Monica Lopez said we should hear back on the 15th. We have another hour to go.
WhiteCoatDreams.
Full Member
No I don’t think you should text her. Be patient, I’m sure we’ll all get updated by the end of the dayayyy another 4th interviewer. yeah, should we text her if we don't hear back by 3?
PleaseAcceptMe@MedSchools
Full Member
No R’s or A’s yet?
interviewed 9/21, no update for me yet. still on "Admissions Committee Review Complete"
WhiteCoatDreams.
Full Member
Will we hear back today at all?interviewed 9/21, no update for me yet. still on "Admissions Committee Review Complete"
on interview day they said we would!Will we hear back today at all?
Congratulations! can you share your stats? also, what do you think you did differently that helped your acceptance? what was your portal status today?Accepted just now! Super thrilled, re-applicant and fell in love with the school on interview day.
Last edited:
Just got the call! 3rd quartile casper, LM 76.2, IS
WhiteCoatDreams.
Full Member
Yay! Congratulations!!!Just got the call! 3rd quartile casper, LM 76.2, IS
NaKATPase413
ORM, CA RESIDENT, LM 76.7, WARS 79 (Readjusted)
Are they sending acceptances via phone call or email?
WhiteCoatDreams.
Full Member
I think phone call according to une-baguette !Are they sending acceptances via phone call or email?
Congratulations! did you send them thank you email after your interview? what was your portal status today?Just got the call! 3rd quartile casper, LM 76.2, IS
relax dudeCongratulations! did you send them thank you email after your interview? what was your portal status today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's grate! Did you send them thank you email after your interview?Sure! LizzyM of 70.5, 2nd quartile casper and IS. What I think helped me the most was getting a full time job working in the hospital after I graduated, I had clinical experience but working full time in my gap year really gave me the chance to solidify why exactly I want to be a physician. The portal status didn't change from "Admissions Committee Review Complete" until after I got a call for the acceptance.
PleaseAcceptMe@MedSchools
Full Member
Got the call a little bit ago!
IS, Lizzy score 70, 4th
IS, Lizzy score 70, 4th
WhiteCoatDreams.
Full Member
Congratulations John!!!Got the call a little bit ago!
IS, Lizzy score 70, 4th
WhiteCoatDreams.
Full Member
It's 5pm.. Does the admissions office close at this time?
Does this mean WL, R? 😢
Does this mean WL, R? 😢
Looking like a WL, R.It's 5pm.. Does the admissions office close at this time?
Does this mean WL, R? 😢
Bit dissapointed that we didn't get a decision today, especially after they hammered that Oct 15th was the day. I would have at least expected some sort of communication if the date got pushed back.