2021-2022 Florida Atlantic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got the A call from monica today lets goOOOOOO

i got so excited i ran out of the apartment gym to tell my girlfriend but left my keys in the gym so i got locked out and ended up just being really excited with the ducks by the community lake
When did she call if you do not mind me asking? Any clue about portal update?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When did she call if you do not mind me asking? Any clue about portal update?
Called around 11. Portal updated and got an acceptance email 5 minutes after. Was expecting the call tomorrow, not today.

Called around 11. Portal updated and got an acceptance email 5 minutes after. Was expecting the call tomorrow, not today.
Did anyone else get called? I interviewed the same day as you 10/4 and still nothing. Expecting to hear back tomorrow

Members don't see this ad :)
@Khansotia Hey congrats bro! I knew you’d get the A. I haven’t heard anything yet. @WhiteCoatDreams Im sure you’ll get it. I’m sure there’s a seat with your name on it.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Were you guys told you would hear back on the 29th? I interviewed on 10/12 and was also told I would hear back tomorrow

Were you guys told you would hear back on the 29th? I interviewed on 10/12 and was also told I would hear back tomorrow
Tech we were told we'd hear back on the 15th, so we are assuming we'll hear back tomorrow lol

Reactions: 2 users
Tech we were told we'd hear back on the 15th, so we are assuming we'll hear back tomorrow lol
Yeah that’s true. Based on the other posts in the forum it seems like the 29th is the next decision release date.

Yeah that’s true. Based on the other posts in the forum it seems like the 29th is the next decision release date.
Super confused as to why there was a decision result today. I wonder if anyone else heard

Reactions: 1 users
How many MMI sessions are there during the interview?

anyone heard about decisions today yet?

• Dislike
Members don't see this ad :)
Did y'all upload a thank you letter or nah since its mmi?

Did y'all upload a thank you letter or nah since its mmi?
I did not. Monica Lopez told me that it didn't matter if we did or not since it's MMI.

I just got the A around 5:00! Monica called me and the email appeared on my phone at almost the moment she said that I got in.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I just got the A around 5:00! Monica called me and the email appeared on my phone at almost the moment she said that I got in.
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DOCTOR HOMIES

Anyone know if there’s a GC or discord for accepted students?

Reactions: 3 users
Was wondering about this too, it would be nice! We could make one on GroupMe
I just talked to a current MS1 who is one of the elected class officers. They typically make them around April or May.

I just talked to a current MS1 who is one of the elected class officers. They typically make them around April or May.
Maybe we can just make an unofficial one now until that one is made? Just put the link out here on sdn for those accepted who’d want to join ?

What is a satisfactory grade needed to keep an acceptance? C? C+?

Maybe we can just make an unofficial one now until that one is made? Just put the link out here on sdn for those accepted who’d want to join ?
I just did one in GroupMe until they make the official one!

You're invited to my new group 'FAU accepted' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Found this stat about FAU average step 1 and step 2 scores:

Step 1: 231, Step2: 249 (pretty impressive!! Amongst the best for Step 2 scores)

see post #398 of Thomas Jefferson thread: 2021-2022 Thomas Jefferson (Kimmel)

Attachments

• Medical schools data (original version).xlsx
    31.8 KB · Views: 259
Is the Step 2 for CK or CS?
I heard CS has been cancelled forever. So I assume the score is for CK. Although I am not sure about the source of the data from that post and I have not verified the scores personally.

Status changed to Admissions Committee Review Complete 🥲 *panic begins to set in*

Still radio silence on my end..

Panik or no panik? 🙃

Respectfully, why does it matter. Thanks
because if it was post II Monica did tell us a date by which we would hear back. If its past that date I would say it might be worth reaching out. Pre-II I would say no stress. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: 5 users
For those of you who have been accepted--when you confirm your acceptance through the FAU portal is that binding? We can hold multiple acceptances right now, right? And then decide by April? Just wanted to make sure because the initial acceptance email I received said something about updating AMCAS to indicate my intentions with the school.

Congrats to everyone who interviewed and to those who have been accepted! FAU is great and I'm so excited!

Hey everyone! I’m an M1 here at FAU and happy to answer any questions! Feel free to message me privately or respond here :)

Hey everyone! I’m an M1 here at FAU and happy to answer any questions! Feel free to message me privately or respond here :)
Hello:
Do you know where we can find the match results for FAU medical school in anyone of the years 2020-2021? Seems to be a bit of a mystery as it can not be found anywhere. Thank you so much for your time!!

Hello:
Do you know where we can find the match results for FAU medical school in anyone of the years 2020-2021? Seems to be a bit of a mystery as it can not be found anywhere. Thank you so much for your time!!
I'll ask around! Will share the results if I get them.

How long do you have to wait after being marked " Current Status: Preliminary Review Completed" to get an interview if they want to?

does this school accept update letters?

Anyone else on preliminary review completed for awhile?

what time does monica usually give calls? and does she call to tell you you're on the alternate list as well?