2021-2022 Florida Atlantic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's 5pm.. Does the admissions office close at this time?
Does this mean WL, R? :cryi:

Members don't see this ad.

It's 5pm.. Does the admissions office close at this time?
Does this mean WL, R? :cryi:
Looking like a WL, R.

Bit dissapointed that we didn't get a decision today, especially after they hammered that Oct 15th was the day. I would have at least expected some sort of communication if the date got pushed back.

Reactions: 1 user
Looking like a WL, R.

Bit dissapointed that we didn't get a decision today, especially after they hammered that Oct 15th was the day. I would have at least expected some sort of communication if the date got pushed back.
It’s just the people who got WL mentioned their status changing at noon. So I had hope that waiting until this time meant A.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking like a WL, R.

Why are you so convinced it’s an R or WL? Also when did you interview and what’s your current status?

Why are you so convinced it’s an R or WL? Also when did you interview and what’s your current status?
Not convinced but it’s what it seems like. She said she would update us by today, 3pm latest.
I interviewed Oct. 4th and my current status is “admission committee scheduled”
Just bummed cause it’s the weekend now and at this point it may not be an acceptance because others have already gotten that call.

Assuming today is the day of our decision (which was explicitly stated,), I didn't receive a call. They also explicitly said that a call means acceptance.

It can be assumed that no call is no acceptance.

My interview was October 4th, and my current status is in a relationship. Since you want to know about me, my social security is 420-69-6969 and I love pina coladas and getting caught in the rain

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted a bit ago by phone call! Super happy!!! :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Not convinced but it’s what it seems like. She said she would update us by today, 3pm latest.
I interviewed Oct. 4th and my current status is “admission committee scheduled”
Just bummed cause it’s the weekend now and at this point it may not be an acceptance because others have already gotten that call.
I wonder if other people from that day have been called. Maybe they just never got around to the 4th!

Members don't see this ad :)
been complete since early to mid August and my portal still says "Admissions Screening in Progress" ... is this a bad sign? why is my application seemingly at a standstill?

Reactions: 1 users
No. It says admissions screen complete or something along that line.
Mine says: Preliminary Review Completed
and then on the next line: We have completed a preliminary review of your secondary application. You will receive an email if you are selected for an in person interview. Thank you.

I've been on this status for two-ish weeks at least though so I'm not particularly optimistic, not sure when they plan to send out Pre-II R's if they haven't already for folks who have been complete for a while.

Mine says: Preliminary Review Completed
and then on the next line: We have completed a preliminary review of your secondary application. You will receive an email if you are selected for an in person interview. Thank you.

I've been on this status for two-ish weeks at least though so I'm not particularly optimistic, not sure when they plan to send out Pre-II R's if they haven't already for folks who have been complete for a while.
Yeah that's it. You should be fine. FAU admissions office tends to work really slow.

anyone have any clue on how I should send updates? when?

II today! First date I see is in January though...

• Love
I interviewed 10/12 and noticed my portal changed (I think today) to Admissions Committee Review Complete. Monica said my group should hear back on the 29th.

Does anyone have experience with this? I wasn't expecting it to change to complete so early if I'm supposed to hear back the end of next week? I'm hoping this is a good sign but not sure

Last edited:
Hey everyone, congrats on all the interview invites and acceptances! I have my interview for FAU on Tuesday. Any thoughts on the format, how to prepare, etc? Was it mostly conversational or really stressful? Could you take notes during MMI?

Where can I find my FAU Z number?
If you’re a current FAU student, just look on your transcript on myfau.fau.edu. If not then I would probably just ask someone at admissions.

Should I be worried that my application still says "admissions screening in progress?"

I interviewed 10/12 and noticed my portal changed (I think today) to Admissions Committee Review Complete. Monica said my group should hear back on the 29th.

Does anyone have experience with this? I wasn't expecting it to change to complete so early if I'm supposed to hear back the end of next week? I'm hoping this is a good sign but not sure
I interviewed the same day! My portal also changed to admissions committee review complete. Best of luck to you!

I have my interview tomorrow and I want to know what I'm in for -- is this an all-day event?

all day, done by 4pm-ish
Thank you! I just emailed the admissions office to ask about the format. On the admissions website it says that they have two 30-minute interviews (one traditional and one MMI), but the itinerary only mentions one MMI interview--which is it? lol

Thank you! I just emailed the admissions office to ask about the format. On the admissions website it says that they have two 30-minute interviews (one traditional and one MMI), but the itinerary only mentions one MMI interview--which is it? lol
It is just an MMI.

Anyone whos interviewed here already have any tips for the MMI? Is it mostly casper style questions?

Anyone whos interviewed here already have any tips for the MMI? Is it mostly casper style questions?
They probably would not be able to answer due to the confidentiality papers they signed.

They probably would not be able to answer due to the confidentiality papers they signed.

I interviewed in early October. There weren't any confidentiality forms of NDA's to be signed. I don't want to give questions away or any hints just out of fairness to people who had earlier interviews or those on the waitlist. However, I can say that you should strive to be professional, personable, respectful, thoughtful, and genuine when you respond to the questions.

No. It literally just means that they are still reading over your application. You shouldn't be worried about silent R until you've at least you've had your file fully reviewed.

No. It literally just means that they are still reading over your application. You shouldn't be worried about silent R until you've at least you've had your file fully reviewed.
Not all files get fully reviewed. I asked someone who applied last cycle and their file never made it past a certain screening level. Even those that made it past the final screening level didn’t always receive good news either- it’s honestly all very ambiguous at this poimt

Not all files get fully reviewed. I asked someone who applied last cycle and their file never made it past a certain screening level. Even those that made it past the final screening level didn’t always receive good news either- it’s honestly all very ambiguous at this poimt
I applied last cycle with an abomination of an app and had my application review complete 2-3 weeks post submission (I submitted early September). I have been stuck at admissions screening complete since the 3rd week of August. Would it be my Casper score?

I applied last cycle with an abomination of an app and had my application review complete 2-3 weeks post submission (I submitted early September). I have been stuck at admissions screening complete since the 3rd week of August. Would it be my Casper score?
There’s no way to say what it is. The final step my friend got to last cycle was admissions screening complete, he never got to preliminary review assigned. I’m not sure how heavily Casper is weighed

There’s no way to say what it is. The final step my friend got to last cycle was admissions screening complete, he never got to preliminary review assigned. I’m not sure how heavily Casper is weighed.
Preliminary review comes before application complete. Your friend’s application got the full reading.

You can google that. I believe I saw a match list or prior years before. It was pretty good!!
I've tried. I can't find anything beyond graduating class of 2017.

got the A call from monica today lets goOOOOOO

i got so excited i ran out of the apartment gym to tell my girlfriend but left my keys in the gym so i got locked out and ended up just being really excited with the ducks by the community lake

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users