2021-2022 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how financial aid packages work here? Do we have to reach out post acceptance or do they reach out to applicants etc?
On interview day, I’m pretty sure they said March is their FASFA deadline (include your parents if you want full consideration), so my guess is March.

For merit-based scholarships out of the admissions office, it’s also around March. You can email Dean if you get a scholarship award from another school beforehand and that can expedite your package (i think i understood that correctly) but this is from my email chain with Dean.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any advice for the interview day?
Everyone was SO nice and it was a very welcoming & relaxed setting! I’d say just stay calm, be yourself, ask insightful questions, and be prepared to discuss your experiences and back up your responses with stories since they really help add to the conversation! Good luck!

What is significant about Tuesday in particualr? Are decisions usually conveyed on that day or is that when the committee meets?
Think they meet 2 and 4th Monday and give decisions Tuesday after

I apologize if this was mentioned already, but for those of you who got the A (congrats), did you send a letter of interest/intent to the program before the decisions came out?

Just wondering but I sent a thank you note a while ago but didn’t receive any confirmation that it was received. Should we be expecting a confirmation reply?

Just wondering but I sent a thank you note a while ago but didn’t receive any confirmation that it was received. Should we be expecting a confirmation reply?
I passed along my thank you note to admissions but never received confirmation either, I think this is probably normal

Reactions: 2 users
Do we think they are finished sending IIs?
No they said they’re sending out IIs (not just scheduling) until the end of February. Here’s hoping February is our month!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone on CC hear back yet? Or are they just gonna look at CC after they're finished sending out interviews? Cheers.

No they said they’re sending out IIs (not just scheduling) until the end of February. Here’s hoping February is our month!
Just to clarify interviews typically end by 3rd week of February. So we are nearing the end.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to clarify interviews typically end by 3rd week of February. So we are nearing the end.
Oh really? dang. I called this morning and asked how long they were sending out interviews and they said end of February. Maybe the person misunderstood

Reactions: 1 user
I’m probably not the only one that thinks that saying “interviews extend until the end of February” is a bit ambiguous. Does it mean that interviews are extended up until February as in a student can be given a II until that week? Or does it mean that the season extends until the end of February meaning IIs stop being sent out much earlier so that they can schedule interviews until then? I don’t mean this about Loyola specifically but I’ve found I have to be clear with the questions wording or clarifying the answer because of this unclear language schools use. Just my .02!

I think what they meant was, and this is true, interviews will be extended until probably the day before the last interview date, people cancel all the time. But yeah there’s probably 4 more weeks of interview season left approximately
I’m probably not the only one that thinks that saying “interviews extend until the end of February” is a bit ambiguous. Does it mean that interviews are extended up until February as in a student can be given a II until that week? Or does it mean that the season extends until the end of February meaning IIs stop being sent out much earlier so that they can schedule interviews until then? I don’t mean this about Loyola specifically but I’ve found I have to be clear with the questions wording or clarifying the answer because of this unclear language schools use. Just my .02!

I think what they meant was, and this is true, interviews will be extended until probably the day before the last interview date, people cancel all the time. But yeah there’s probably 4 more weeks of interview season left approximately
I only noticed this recently as the question comes up more and more with schools. Thanks for your constant input on the thread its much appreciated!

Does anyone know what time of the day decisions are typically released?

Where do y’all get this information?! Lol
I’m almost certain they specifically said this during the interview day and to “not panic” if we are delayed in hearing back haha

If we have an interview coming up are we likely interviewing for a waitlist spot??

So i haven't yet gotten an II, which is slightly scary because I graduated from Loyola this past May. (GPA 3.73, MCAT 517) I have a new job as an MA and 120 new hours of service to report...should i send in an update this week before I get a No? I'm getting conflicting info of when to send updates or not
I heard Loyola likes updates so I would upload it to their portal

Can any ladies offer tips about what to wear on interview day...? There's a 40% chance of snow on my interview day & not sure if I should be wearing heels or boots? (obviously OOS student lol).

Can any ladies offer tips about what to wear on interview day...? There's a 40% chance of snow on my interview day & not sure if I should be wearing heels or boots? (obviously OOS student lol).
If it were me, I'd probably try to split the difference with something like a pair of black leather ankle boots with a heel! I think those shoes and a pair of slacks would be an alright combo between professional and practical. Good luck on your interview and stay warm!! :)

If it were me, I'd probably try to split the difference with something like a pair of black leather ankle boots with a heel! I think those shoes and a pair of slacks would be an alright combo between professional and practical. Good luck on your interview and stay warm!! :)
I completely agree on the shoes, but also do not be afraid to wear a puffy coat and hat; they did not seem to mind when I showed up in my purple puffy coat and even had a coat room for me to store my items during the interview!

Got the call like 2 hours ago!!! Interviewed early Jan

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Sorry to ask again y'all but is the consensus that calls are going out this week or next week? I honestly can't recall the exact timeline from the interview. For reference I was virtual the 2nd week of January

Got an email a few hours ago saying my app is under "continued consideration". This sounds like the waitlist. Interviewed mid-December.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Continued consideration, interviewed mid-December. A little disappointed, but still glad to have had the experience :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
For those of y'all on CC, how did you feel your interview went?

For those of y'all on CC, how did you feel your interview went?
I thought it went well actually-really well. But there are other factors, and a lot of applicants so I’m just holding out and submitting updates :) so hopefully lol!
Edit: last yr’s thread showed CC movement in feb and the year before that it started in December (as far as we know based on SDN). So for those on CC keep holding out we might see movement soon

WOAH! Was not expecting that! Just got an II -- no ties to the Chicago area! Was literally finalizing an update to send to them today!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Just another pro tip but I would change your username if that's your real name. You don't want any identifying markers on here.
ugh i know, i made my account on mobile recently and it autofilled my username and wouldnt let me change it until 2/9 for some reason. contacted support and got it fixed today, but ty for making sure i knew

On interview day, I’m pretty sure they said March is their FASFA deadline (include your parents if you want full consideration), so my guess is March.

For merit-based scholarships out of the admissions office, it’s also around March. You can email Dean if you get a scholarship award from another school beforehand and that can expedite your package (i think i understood that correctly) but this is from my email chain with Dean.
Do you know where to go to apply for merit-based scholarship or will it be offered to us? I can't remember what was said at the end of interview day.

Do you know where to go to apply for merit-based scholarship or will it be offered to us? I can't remember what was said at the end of interview day.
offered to you in March

if you receive a competing offer, you can email the details of it (i.e. PDF copy of the letter) before March and it may expedite your package. I’m URM and asked in that context though, so use discretion or perhaps someone else may know if there’s a difference for URM vs not

Is Loyola done sending out interviews? They don't interview into March right? Asking as it might give some insight into when they pull from the CC list! Fingers crossed. Last year it was on a Friday I think.

Anyone know when the next round of acceptances will be?