2021-2022 LSU Shreveport

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. If you are not a Louisiana resident, please describe your connection, if any, to Louisiana (500 characters)

If you truly do not have a connection to Louisiana, should you try and stretch one out? Or just leave this one blank? I am a TX resident
I don't think you should make something up or force a connection, but I think it's wise to put something if you have an actual interest in going here. Depending on your stats, without a connection to the state or the opportunity to explain "Why LSU-Shreveport?" the person reviewing your app might wonder if you're only applying here as a throwaway.

They favor LA residents/in-state applicants heavily--only like 5-15% of each incoming class is made up of out-of-state people, and I'd be willing to bet that most of those OOS people have meaningful ties to the state. An MS1 on last year's page said that they were told during orientation that their class of ~150 students had about 8 OOS students.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they send an email to let you know you are complete? I submitted my secondary a few weeks ago but my letter came in 08/06. Been amost a week and no "complete" email so I was wondering if anyone knows if they send an email to let you know.
 
Do they send an email to let you know you are complete? I submitted my secondary a few weeks ago but my letter came in 08/06. Been amost a week and no "complete" email so I was wondering if anyone knows if they send an email to let you know.
I am ED and completed my file on 8/1. The deadline for us was 8/2. But I didn't receive a "complete" email. I called and Mrs. French said that my file was complete. So I don't think they send them out
 
Do they send an email to let you know you are complete? I submitted my secondary a few weeks ago but my letter came in 08/06. Been amost a week and no "complete" email so I was wondering if anyone knows if they send an email to let you know.
I am RD and received a confirmation email the day after I submitted my secondary. I submitted my secondary 8/5
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve been seeing the average MCAT for LSU Shreveport falls around 503-506 from various sources.. Was wondering if anybody knew the lowest MCAT score admitted?
 
I’ve been seeing the average MCAT for LSU Shreveport falls around 503-506 from various sources.. Was wondering if anybody knew the lowest MCAT score admitted?
I don't think there is a minimum score. I have known people who got in with sub 500 scores so I think there are several other factors that they take into account.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are my chances here as an OOS? I lived in the state for ~5 years.
 
How do ED interviews stack up with RD interviews in terms of acceptances. Is it still about 25-50% or is it more selective?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm eating a banana or 2 prior to the interview to get some beta blockers in my system and calm my nerves. Any other tips and tricks for the interview?