2021-2022 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. If you are not a Louisiana resident, please describe your connection, if any, to Louisiana (500 characters)

If you truly do not have a connection to Louisiana, should you try and stretch one out? Or just leave this one blank? I am a TX resident
I don't think you should make something up or force a connection, but I think it's wise to put something if you have an actual interest in going here. Depending on your stats, without a connection to the state or the opportunity to explain "Why LSU-Shreveport?" the person reviewing your app might wonder if you're only applying here as a throwaway.

They favor LA residents/in-state applicants heavily--only like 5-15% of each incoming class is made up of out-of-state people, and I'd be willing to bet that most of those OOS people have meaningful ties to the state. An MS1 on last year's page said that they were told during orientation that their class of ~150 students had about 8 OOS students.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Its gonna be a long month isn't it? Anyone know when the first set of Interview invites get sent out for early decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary submitted. Gonna be a long month before II come out I guess.

Do they send an email to let you know you are complete? I submitted my secondary a few weeks ago but my letter came in 08/06. Been amost a week and no "complete" email so I was wondering if anyone knows if they send an email to let you know.

Do they send an email to let you know you are complete? I submitted my secondary a few weeks ago but my letter came in 08/06. Been amost a week and no "complete" email so I was wondering if anyone knows if they send an email to let you know.
I am ED and completed my file on 8/1. The deadline for us was 8/2. But I didn't receive a "complete" email. I called and Mrs. French said that my file was complete. So I don't think they send them out

I am RD and received a confirmation email the day after I submitted my secondary. I submitted my secondary 8/5

I am RD and received a confirmation email the day after I submitted my secondary. I submitted my secondary 8/5
I received that confirmation email, but not one for completing my file. There is the Primary, Secondary, Fee, and LORs. My last letter didn't come until after I finished my secondary.

I called Mrs. French this morning and asked about ED interview invites. She said that the II will be sent out starting next week on Monday.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what time they usually start sending out invites?

how do you guys think the hurricane is gonna affect things? Shreveport wasn't affected by the storm that much compared to Nola.

how do you guys think the hurricane is gonna affect things? Shreveport wasn't affected by the storm that much compared to Nola.
I don't think at all honestly. Even Ruston didn't lose power or any services. They are their own entity and my guess is they will proceed unabated.

Surprised no II have gone out here yet. I understand why NOLA is going to be taking longer but there is less than 4 weeks before initial ED acceptances need to start going out

Reactions: 1 users
The first ED II for last cycle were sent on 9/08. Give it a few more days.

Reactions: 3 users
I’ve been seeing the average MCAT for LSU Shreveport falls around 503-506 from various sources.. Was wondering if anybody knew the lowest MCAT score admitted?

I’ve been seeing the average MCAT for LSU Shreveport falls around 503-506 from various sources.. Was wondering if anybody knew the lowest MCAT score admitted?
I don't think there is a minimum score. I have known people who got in with sub 500 scores so I think there are several other factors that they take into account.

I don't think there is a minimum score. I have known people who got in with sub 500 scores so I think there are several other factors that they take into account.
Thank you for the response!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got ED II! Dates are: 9/14, 9/15, 9/21,9/22

What are my chances here as an OOS? I lived in the state for ~5 years.

How do ED interviews stack up with RD interviews in terms of acceptances. Is it still about 25-50% or is it more selective?

Last edited:
GPA 3.71, MCAT 499, 503.
Thank you very much and good luck with your interview. Are you in-state? I have 3.89 sGPA and 3.91 cGPA with 506 MCAT. I am out of state but have some ties to the state in the past.

Thank you very much and good luck with your interview. Are you in-state? I have 3.89 sGPA and 3.91 cGPA with 506 MCAT. I am out of state but have some ties to the state in the past.
Thank you! i am in-state.

I'm eating a banana or 2 prior to the interview to get some beta blockers in my system and calm my nerves. Any other tips and tricks for the interview?

win a harper avery or donate a million dollars to the school while your at it.