2021-2022 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to all those interviewing today and good luck for us tomorrow too! Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Even if deadline is November?
I had a friend last year submit their primary pretty late (late aug/ september, can't remember) and they got in (high stats)! If you are confident in your application, you can still submit. But just be aware that you are very behind and interview spots/ admissions are rolling....

Reactions: 1 users
For those who’ve received IIs, do you mind sharing the date your application was “complete” and under preliminary review?

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately no, I’m RD and IS

No unfortunate about it my man, everyone applies through whatever program for specific reasons. Regular decision probably won’t get II until the committee meets and deals with ED applicants. They should meet on the 23rd and letter should be getting received early to mid next week. Then they’ll review over regular decision. I hate the wait to, but just take it one day at a time.

Everyday is a new day to CALM MYSELF xD any ED applicants nervous?

Do I have any chance to get an II when my secondaries were completed Sept. 13th? I am OOS but my family and I have strong ties to Louisiana (I was born there and half of my entire family lives there), 509 MCAT, and 3.66 cGPA with a sharp upward trend in the last two years (3.94 GPA in my Junior and Senior year). I know I am definitely late in the cycle, but I hope a miracle can happen lol

Last edited:
Do I have any chance to get an II when my secondaries were completed Sept. 13th? I am OOS but my family and I strong ties to Louisiana, 509 MCAT, and 3.66 cGPA with a sharp upward trend in the last two years (3.94 GPA in my Junior and Senior year). I know I am definitely late in the cycle, but I hope a miracle can happen lol

Not sure of exact chances but the OOS statistics from MSAR weren’t very happy numbers

Do I have any chance to get an II when my secondaries were completed Sept. 13th? I am OOS but my family and I strong ties to Louisiana, 509 MCAT, and 3.66 cGPA with a sharp upward trend in the last two years (3.94 GPA in my Junior and Senior year). I know I am definitely late in the cycle, but I hope a miracle can happen lol
I just completed my secondaries in September too, but i’m not OOS.. You have great stats though and wishing you luck

Are we expecting decisions to be received around Tuesday?
MSAR says that they should be received by October 1st. Last year there were some received 2 days after the committee meeting. The committee met today so I would expect a letter anytime from Saturday to Friday.

MSAR says that they should be received by October 1st. Last year there were some received 2 days after the committee meeting. The committee met today so I would expect a letter anytime from Saturday to Friday.
Hoping we all get accepted! Prayers up!

Last year 60 people applied through ED. I believe that almost everyone who interviewed got in, and apparently the 20ish that didn't interview had below-average MCAT and or no clinical experience. I believe there were 77 ED applicants this cycle, but I don't know how many interviewed.

Last edited:
Last year 60 people applied through ED. I believe that almost everyone who interviewed got in, and apparently the 20ish that didn't interview had below-average MCAT and or no clinical experience. I believe there were 77 ED applicants this cycle, but I don't know how many interviewed.
I didn't interview for ED here but I did somewhere else and I'm trying to see how good my odds are if I got an interview for ED. I was really close to choosing this school for ED. Anyone who has seen me over the years now knows I'm a reapplicant over multiple years. I want to believe that my odds are higher than they have been since it's early and I'm in in the ED pool but I won't know I guess until we all get letters next week.

Last edited:
I didn't interview for ED here but I did somewhere else and I'm trying to see how good my odds are if I got an interview for ED. I was really close to choosing this school for ED. Anyone who has seen me over the years now knows I'm a reapplicant over multiple years. I want to believe that my odds are higher than they have been since it's early and I'm in in the ED pool but I won't know I guess until we all get letters next week.
Early Decision is great for some schools and a really poor choice for others. It entirely depends on if your application and stats are within the schools averages. I only ED'd here because I have a fairly lengthy relationship to the school and have known a trove of students from my undergrad who got in via ED. Shreveport looks favorably at ED applicants because they understand that we lower our chances on the hope of attending the school we want more than any other. Personally I would consider turning down an acceptance at another medical school for a chance of going here. The staff cares, the school has crazy cool pathology, and my mentors trained here. On top of that, my scores are within the school's averages.

Early Decision is great for some schools and a really poor choice for others. It entirely depends on if your application and stats are within the schools averages. I only ED'd here because I have a fairly lengthy relationship to the school and have known a trove of students from my undergrad who got in via ED. Shreveport looks favorably at ED applicants because they understand that we lower our chances on the hope of attending the school we want more than any other. Personally I would consider turning down an acceptance at another medical school for a chance of going here. The staff cares, the school has crazy cool pathology, and my mentors trained here. On top of that, my scores are within the school's averages.
Do you know if Nola is the same way? Interviewing ED there is a good sign? This thread has been busier than the Nola one this year :lol:

Would you mind posting a SS of MSAR of last year for ED?

The MSAR data doesn’t show how many people applied ED, just how many were accepted. My friend is an ms1 at lsus and they said that 60 applied

Same, hoping letters will come in tomorrow.

Yo neurotic pals!
IMG_9466.jpg

So far no letters have been reported from either here or Nola. I recognize some of you as reapplicants as well and hope that you're rewarded for applying early this cycle. I'm encouraged by the amount of people they normally accept early. I hope everyone here gets in!

My Informed Delivery just updated. Its only 1 letter, not the LSU one either. It can update all the way through 9am, but this is kinda discouraging

• Care
My Informed Delivery just updated. Its only 1 letter, not the LSU one either. It can update all the way through 9am, but this is kinda discouraging
Same, I have no mail coming. Do you think they have even sent them out yet? I'm really surprised nobody has received one yet.

Yeah I just got the email from Informed Delivery, not coming today. I know that it takes a couple days for it to get out of Shreveport, but didn’t they send them out last week? The deadline is Friday, and I honestly feel so separated from conversation and my friend groups because I can’t think of anything else. Do you think someone should call them on Thursday?

Yeah I just got the email from Informed Delivery, not coming today. I know that it takes a couple days for it to get out of Shreveport, but didn’t they send them out last week? The deadline is Friday, and I honestly feel so separated from conversation and my friend groups because I can’t think of anything else. Do you think someone should call them on Thursday?
I'm sure they will come in tomorrow or Thursday. Do they also send letters if you get waitlisted?

I honestly feel so separated from conversation and my friend groups because I can’t think of anything else.
That is literally so me right now. You're not alone. It is a big deal because we are all potentially getting life changing letters. It's hard not to think about. Even my coworkers keep asking, but I don't have any new news because I'm still waiting.

I remember last year''s ED letter was dated 9/25 and received on 9/28, so today would be the same day as last year, but it's looking like it'll be tomorrow then.

wishing good news for all of you. also don't you guys get emails as well?