2021-2022 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
150, I dont know when they are moving over to that 200 people class size.
I guess that means the class is full and someone would have to drop or take another spot for there to be waitlist movement

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That’s how it is for me with Shreveport 🥺. Do you mean getting an MPH for a gap year??
yes its either an mph or ms in biomedical sciences. Probably going to retake the MCAT but this reapplying is so hard and sad.

• Care
yes its either an mph or ms in biomedical sciences. Probably going to retake the MCAT but this reapplying is so hard and sad.
Personally I feel like an MS in biomedical sciences would be better. Better to prepare you and I know schools weigh “harder” programs more than “easier” ones like an MPH (like Howard med). I did an MS at Mississippi College if your looking for an excellent program 👀

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Personally I feel like an MS in biomedical sciences would be better. Better to prepare you and I know schools weigh “harder” programs more than “easier” ones like an MPH (like Howard med). I did an MS at Mississippi College if your looking for an excellent program 👀
Thank you. I know an MPH opens more doors later on, but I just don't feel its enough to get me in.

Should we expect a letter or a phone call for an acceptance off the waitlist at this point? Moreover, do we expect to receive rejections or will they let us suffer until after orientation?

Should we expect a letter or a phone call for an acceptance off the waitlist at this point? Moreover, do we expect to receive rejections or will they let us suffer until after orientation?
Suffer till after orientation, pretty sure on that one. Literally resubmitting application this week.

are you changing anything?
Second time LSUS waitlisted here. I changed one paragraph on my PS. When I interviewed my second time, my interviewer asked me why I didn't change more. He had an exact word count difference from my 1st PS to my 2nd. I'm taking this VCOM-Auburn A before I apply 3rd time. Good Luck!

• Care
I’ve given up on getting off the waitlist for this cycle- but they did say that by July 29th anyone still on the waitlist will receive a letter letting them know they needed to re-apply. Godspeed everyone 💗

are you changing anything?
I've been doing a full-time clinical gig and am going to "try" to retake the MCAT late July early August. In the application I'm changing up personal statement to talk more about this job because 1. It has the most hours on my application at 1700hrs 2. Its pretty relevant to primary healthcare in underserved communities which they and I are interested in . Don't know if i should put out money for a Masters still deciding, but I dont think there is anything wrong with periodic updates throughout the cycle.

Second time LSUS waitlisted here. I changed one paragraph on my PS. When I interviewed my second time, my interviewer asked me why I didn't change more. He had an exact word count difference from my 1st PS to my 2nd. I'm taking this VCOM-Auburn A before I apply 3rd time. Good Luck!
Thats crazy. These people trying to hard lol.

Is lsu shreveport still taking AMCAS LOR through the letter service for 2022-2023 cycle?