2021-2022 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
and there's only 85 right now in the group?
There are probably some people that aren’t in but i doubt 40 people aren't in the group

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I went to check the LI thread and it seemed like they did accept some people in May. I wonder if it was the same for JB just that these people might not use SDN? I'm feeling a bit down from how quiet it's been so long since an "A wave" happened. :/

I went to check the LI thread and it seemed like they did accept some people in May. I wonder if it was the same for JB just that these people might not use SDN? I'm feeling a bit down from how quiet it's been so long since an "A wave" happened. :/
I hate to the be the bearer of bad news... The GroupMe is getting quite full. We are sitting at ~120 people. There are also a good chunk of students who will have to repeat their first year again. But there were a good amount of people accepted in May. They just don't use SDN.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hate to the be the bearer of bad news... The GroupMe is getting quite full. We are sitting at ~120 people. There are also a good chunk of students who will have to repeat their first year again. But there were a good amount of people accepted in May. They just don't use SDN.
Ah thank you for the info 😔 Hopefully there will be some movement soon as people say there has to be some until the first week of classes, but I am prepared for whatever outcome this may be.

I just wish the school would communicate directly more

Just got accepted off the waitlist while at work.

Reactions: 2 users
Just turned down my acceptance. Best of luck to everyone currently on the waitlist!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received another email asking to confirm my interest. While it's kinda annoying, I'm guessing there will be more movement very soon!

Received another email asking to confirm my interest. While it's kinda annoying, I'm guessing there will be more movement very soon!
Im taking this as a good sign i just wish the would tell how far on the waitlist we are . Just started studying for the MCAT again just in case

Im taking this as a good sign i just wish the would tell how far on the waitlist we are . Just started studying for the MCAT again just in case
With the WL being unranked, I've accepted that it's kind of out of our hands at this point. I agree it's good a thing that they aren't leaving us completely in the dark. :giggle:

Do you plan on applying this cycle bc same

Is there any current student on here that could answer my questions?

Has there been any movement this month besides what happened in early June? Or Are we thinking some movement after the holiday?

Has there been any movement this month besides what happened in early June? Or Are we thinking some movement after the holiday?
Possibly, there was some movement last year after the holiday

The silence is killing me. Also i check last years thread the last person on the to get off the wait list got off on 7/26

The silence is killing me. Also i check last years thread the last person on the to get off the wait list got off on 7/26
Hmm I am pretty sure I saw someone got off the WL 7/9 last year maybe I remembered wrong

silence... wonder if there will be another WL email.

silence... wonder if there will be another WL email.
Hmm idk if there will be another one since there will probably only be like 1 or 2 more until August. Maybe one of us will hear back this week tho?

got another email about the MS program. Anyone gone through that program/applied and have any opinions on it?

got another email about the MS program. Anyone gone through that program/applied and have any opinions on it?
got the email as well 🙃
I think there were some people in past threads who went through the program that said positive things about it. However, I remember it saying in the email that you'd need to keep the grades up to 80% on the first try of each of every test. It's a rigorous and a great way to get prepared for school, but I wouldn't personally go through with it just to reserve the interview spot (unless your GPA needs a boost, maybe it's a good idea to apply). It's a money grab imo.

I finally restarted my app. Panic scheduled an MCAT for September 🫠 At the end of the day, nothing makes up for a poor MCAT score so if I’m still not scoring well I’ll reschedule to January. Sucks, really had hope for this cycle but patience is a virtue with this career/lifestyle choice.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Ngl I've already lost hope 😣
Well look on the brightside we made it this far once we can do it again. At this point I’m expecting the worst and will be extremely suprised to make it of the wait list

I finally restarted my app. Panic scheduled an MCAT for September 🫠 At the end of the day, nothing makes up for a poor MCAT score so if I’m still not scoring well I’ll reschedule to January. Sucks, really had hope for this cycle but patience is a virtue with this career/lifestyle choice.
I just want to tell you, I was in the same predicament last cycle.

Story time! I was waitlisted at NYIT-AR, and in the end— was not accepted and had to reapply anyway. It was devastating, but things ultimately worked out for the best. Fortunately, I decided to re-take the MCAT a third time and started study as soon as I graduated from my master’s program in May 2021. I told myself even if I didn’t get accepted off the waitlist, at least I would have already started studying for the MCAT again, and I would have submitted my applications early too. Looking back, it was the best decision for me. I did much better on the MCAT, went from a 488 -> 496 -> and lastly a 501, received 10 interview invites compared to the 2 from the previous cycle, I turned down 6 interviews because I already received an acceptance at my top choice, and received a total of 3 acceptances.

It is still not too late to start re-applying. My application was verified in June 2021, and it was still pending my MCAT score from August 2021, which didn’t arrive until September. Despite the wait, I still had a successful cycle. My tip is to make sure everything on your application is as close to perfection as possible. Yes, your score/GPA is important, but so is everything else.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
I just want to tell you, I was in the same predicament last cycle.

Story time! I was waitlisted at NYIT-AR, and in the end— was not accepted and had to reapply anyway. It was devastating, but things ultimately worked out for the best. Fortunately, I decided to re-take the MCAT a third time and started study as soon as I graduated from my master’s program in May 2021. I told myself even if I didn’t get accepted off the waitlist, at least I would have already started studying for the MCAT again, and I would have submitted my applications early too. Looking back, it was the best decision for me. I did much better on the MCAT, went from a 488 -> 496 -> and lastly a 501, received 10 interview invites compared to the 2 from the previous cycle, I turned down 6 interviews because I already received an acceptance at my top choice, and received a total of 3 acceptances.

It is still not too late to start re-applying. My application was verified in June 2021, and it was still pending my MCAT score from August 2021, which didn’t arrive until September. Despite the wait, I still had a successful cycle. My tip is to make sure everything on your application is as close to perfection as possible. Yes, your score/GPA is important, but so is everything else.
Thank you for sharing your story, this has given me a lot of hope. Got a sub 500 MCAT score. Still working full time and studying the MCAT has been a little challenging, but I know it will be worth it.

Also, congratulations on getting accepting to your #1 medical school! I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Thank you for sharing your story, this has given me a lot of hope. Got a sub 500 MCAT score. Still working full time and studying the MCAT has been a little challenging, but I know it will be worth it.

Also, congratulations on getting accepting to your #1 medical school! I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!!
Thank you!

I completely understand how stressful it can be when you have to prepare for an exam whilst fulfilling your other personal obligations. However, I realized what made it more stressful is that I was trying to make things happen expeditiously instead of working at my own pace. The reason primarily is because I am a non-traditional student and I felt behind. It wasn’t until I stopped trying to “race-the-clock” and just took my time to do things the right way, calmly, that I was able to get this far. Medical school will still be there. It isn’t going anywhere. As long as the passion remains, you will get accepted to medical school and become a doctor.

Last edited:
got the email as well
I think there were some people in past threads who went through the program that said positive things about it. However, I remember it saying in the email that you'd need to keep the grades up to 80% on the first try of each of every test. It's a rigorous and a great way to get prepared for school, but I wouldn't personally go through with it just to reserve the interview spot (unless your GPA needs a boost, maybe it's a good idea to apply). It's a money grab imo.

I think the MS program is now on their 3rd class. Many of the students move on from the program to join the school, and they preform well. You get the same basic lectures you will get in year 1, so if you can nail that 80% then you can literally pass anything at the school as a med student. For reference you need a 70% to pass the curriculum as a OMS and this is the lectures + clinical skills lab+ OMM lab + anatomy lab in the first semester.

Those who do not get that 80% mark are still considered and I know a few who make it to the program even without the 80%.

I have my own opinion about masters programs, and it’s highly individualized to each student. Just remember if you aren’t a strong student, you’ll need to put in the work to get your studying skills up to par to pass any course you take.

Is there any current student on here that could answer my questions?

Question pertaining to the group acceptance page? Yes there is one usually, idk if there’s one this early in the season. Usually that page is shared towards the spring time. I also think it’s usually setup by either school SGA or one of y’all.