2021-2022 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hate to the be the bearer of bad news... The GroupMe is getting quite full. We are sitting at ~120 people. There are also a good chunk of students who will have to repeat their first year again. But there were a good amount of people accepted in May. They just don't use SDN.

It’s so early in the season, just wait. I can almost bet you many of those people will be hearing back from other schools. There will be movement on acceptances as we go on.

Edit: realized this is the wrong thread, I was super confused as to the timing

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Dude please get help
I am talking about my experience with NYITCOM-AR school. I only want to warn premeds about toxic medical school programs. Med school is hard enough and you don't need faculty making it 10X harder for you.

I am happy with my MD school now, and I have passed step 1 and am happy in my rotations.

Reactions: 1 users
I am talking about my experience with NYITCOM-AR school. I only want to warn premeds about toxic medical school programs. Med school is hard enough and you don't need faculty making it 10X harder for you.

I am happy with my MD school now, and I have passed step 1 and am happy in my rotations.
I have a friend who had to repeat his year last year and who had a similar experience. Thank you for your transparency!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I cannot reply to the 2022-2023 NYITCOM post since my comments have been limited (see the image below). I am not completely silent. I am a MEDICAL STUDENT with responsibilities and a lot of studying to do. I am simply busy.

Many of us students FEARED retaliation, just like what you are seeing here. Our voices are silenced, by the academic affairs faculty ESPECIALLY.

We feared speaking up. This is not how medical schools should be treating us students.

1680387081845.png

1680387128088.png

Attachments

• 1680387148093.png
    1680387148093.png
    272.6 KB · Views: 119
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

I cannot reply to the 2022-2023 NYITCOM post since my comments have been limited (see the image below). I am not completely silent. I am a MEDICAL STUDENT with responsibilities and a lot of studying to do. I am simply busy.

Many of us students FEARED retaliation, just like what you are seeing here. Our voices are silenced, by the academic affairs faculty ESPECIALLY.

We feared speaking up. This is not how medical schools should be treating us students.
Hello, I noticed that that’s my post you’ve mentioned here. I will let you know that I am not a nefarious undercover agent sent by the school admin to silence you. I am simply someone who likes to do my due diligence and point out any anomalies I notice.

As for your post being removed, it seems like you simply just broke the rules? I mean @gyngyn seems pretty clear in his message to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
As has been mentioned before in the 2022-2023 thread, discussion regarding the strengths and weaknesses of a school are encouraged. SDN guidelines do not permit axe-grinding or naming specific people at your institution to which you apply blame. We have no way of confirming allegations. Private Groupme chats should not be published publicly either, nor should duplicate posts be made across different threads.

Reactions: 1 user
As has been mentioned before in the 2022-2023 thread, discussion regarding the strengths and weaknesses of a school are encouraged. SDN guidelines do not permit axe-grinding or naming specific people at your institution to which you apply blame. We have no way of confirming allegations. Private Groupme chats should not be published publicly either, nor should duplicate posts be made across different threads.
Okay I understand. I will remove all names in my post and remove the Class of 2023 GroupMe chats. But I cannot even post on the NYIT 2022-2023 forum anymore. If I want to edit and repost my original post, I can't even do that. I have been barred from even replying or posting to that thread.

Okay I understand. I will remove all names in my post and remove the Class of 2023 GroupMe chats. But I cannot even post on the NYIT 2022-2023 forum anymore. If I want to edit and repost my original post, I can't even do that. I have been barred from even replying or posting to that thread.
That would be a duplicate post