2021-2022 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got accepted here with a 496 this cycle (& at other DO programs) There is hope :)
That is awesome! Can I ask when you did your interview and was accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A, too! Interviewed on 3/1. So exciting 🙂

Reactions: 3 users
Can someone explain the pre-clinical vs clerkships grading format?

Hello, I was looking through the accepted checklist and it says pay tuition by April 15th, that can't be right can it?

Are we required to put in our parents' income for FAFSA to qualify for any grants/scholarships here?

No. You're considered independent when you enter graduate school.
Reason I ask is I have been financially independent from my parents, so I don't feel like putting their info. I have a parent who is a physician, so idk if it would affect how much scholarship I'm getting. However, I was just wondering if not putting the parent info prevent us from qualifying for need-based aid or any other grants/scholarships? I'm a bit worried since there is one scholarship on the website I found I qualify for. 😅

Reason I ask is I have been financially independent from my parents, so I don't feel like putting their info. I have a parent who is a physician, so idk if it would affect how much scholarship I'm getting. However, I was just wondering if not putting the parent info prevent us from qualifying for need-based aid or any other grants/scholarships? I'm a bit worried since there is one scholarship on the website I found I qualify for. 😅
Completely valid point! As far as I know you don't fill out the information anyway because the FAFSA App considers you financially independent (even regardless of whether you actually are or not) if you're a grad student. It shouldn't hinder your ability to qualify for anything by excluding that information. But since you have a specific scholarship-based question though, maybe reach out to Vicki Walker just to verify?

Completely valid point! As far as I know you don't fill out the information anyway because the FAFSA App considers you financially independent (even regardless of whether you actually are or not) if you're a grad student. It shouldn't hinder your ability to qualify for anything by excluding that information. But since you have a specific scholarship-based question though, maybe reach out to Vicki Walker just to verify?
Thank you for your response! I will contact her

anyone else (waitlisted in Jan) find the silence completely odd? not going to lie, I thought I would get emails about their masters program, a podcast, etc. but nothing. the only emails I’ve received so far was that sign up genius bug. idk which scares me more: no emails at all about anything, or emails about anything BUT my decision

anyone else (waitlisted in Jan) find the silence completely odd? not going to lie, I thought I would get emails about their masters program, a podcast, etc. but nothing. the only emails I’ve received so far was that sign up genius bug. idk which scares me more: no emails at all about anything, or emails about anything BUT my decision
Yeah, I feel the same way and I'm starting to doubt a lot too, but I don't think anybody on the WL have heard back as far as I know. So... we'll see in a month when the WL movement is expected to happen!

Yeah, I feel the same way and I'm starting to doubt a lot too, but I don't think anybody on the WL have heard back as far as I know. So... we'll see in a month when the WL movement is expected to happen!

I’ve been waitlisted since 1/20, and still nothing. Having been waitlisted last cycle, I can tell you that the bulk of movement is expected in April/May— closer to May. I also started to notice movement in early June. However, every cycle is unique and we should not consider past cycles to dictate the flow of our current cycle. Just be patient. Things will work out accordingly.

• Care
Still waiting for an II. I'm still hoping so hard, haha

Hello everyone! With match week finished, we had excellent results!! So incredibly proud of them. there was an internal memo that went out with our match rate and not too sure if I can make it public or not but all I will say is it's above the match rate for DOs as reported this year!! Also go check the NYITCOM Ar Instagram and Facebook page for posts that show you where everyone matched, got really good programs in the mix!

EDIT: Here is a news article reporting on our match rate of 96%!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Where are the 3rd year rotation site hubs?
This has been discussed earlier too but the rotation sites can change slightly every year because they add more and more spots all the time. But the major spots included that a majority of the students end up in for 3rd year are Jonesboro, Little Rock, North West Arkansas, Memphis(Through a special application process via the baptist program) . The smaller sites are within the state and some in Shrevport LA, and MO. Jonesboro is still one of the bigger sites and will host most of the students at either NEA baptist or St. Bernards medical center.

I’ve been waitlisted since 1/20, and still nothing. Having been waitlisted last cycle, I can tell you that the bulk of movement is expected in April/May— closer to May. I also started to notice movement in early June. However, every cycle is unique and we should not consider past cycles to dictate the flow of our current cycle. Just be patient. Things will work out accordingly.
Anyone on the waitlist: there is major movement in waitlists to come in the next coming months at ALL schools as people narrow down who is going where. We have had people get accepted a week into classes before. so please keep that in mind!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
If anyone wants in the incoming class' groupme, DM me.

Also for our people from Arkansas, Alabama, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi and Tennessee please look into these scholarships in the link below(30% off for people from Arkansas and 10% for people from Alabama, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi and Tennessee) , I think it's an application but I would suggest you hit up admissions or financial aid and see what the process is. Because if you get this, you can save some major money and make it a really competitive price tag! Grants and Scholarships | College of Osteopathic Medicine | New York Tech

I just withdrew my acceptance. I hope it goes to one of you good people.

Reactions: 4 users
Also withdrew my acceptance - hope it goes to someone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know how big the waitlist is for the Jonesboro campus? What are the odds of getting off the list?

Received an II 03/31. Are they just interviewing for the waitlist at this time?

declined my acceptance last week, hope my seat goes to one of yall!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know how big the waitlist is for the Jonesboro campus? What are the odds of getting off the list?
Probably for a waitlist, however it doesn't mean that you will not have a good shot. I know people who interviewed this late and got off the waitlist and are current students.

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R as well saying interviewing is complete. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care