2021-2022 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this school interview a ton of candidates or is the post-interview acceptance rate pretty high? Has anyone heard anything or know anything from previous cycles? Especially with the earlier interview dates.
This is not official, but at the time when I interviewed (2017), the school tended to have a decent post interview acceptance. I was talking to some interviewing faculty recently who stated that if you have made it to the interview you are a serious consideration for the school. Interviews require resources even if they're online, so it only makes sense to interview those you are serious about. This is kind of the rule across all major medical schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
II! my invite went to spam oops....but got a spot 9/23!
CHECK YOUR SPAMS PLEASE! my NYITCOM II went straight to spam and never looked at it till the school reached out to me. I was so happy they reached out to ask me why I didn't schedule my interview yet. Its so weird to think I was so close to not even interviewing at this school when I applied and here I am 4 years later :clap:.

CHECK YOUR SPAMS PLEASE! my NYITCOM II went straight to spam and never looked at it till the school reached out to me. I was so happy they reached out to ask me why I didn't schedule my interview yet. Its so weird to think I was so close to not even interviewing at this school when I applied and here I am 4 years later :clap:.
I second this, it happened to me too. To think a spam filter almost stood in the way of me being accepted to a medical school...

Members don't see this ad :)
II on 09/16 :) Scheduled for next month! Very excited and thankful. If anyone has any tips, send them my way! Best of luck to everyone else.

Reactions: 1 user
Do y'all think it hurts your chances to not attend the pre interview info session? Im interviewing this week but wasn't able to attend one beforehand ☹

Do y'all think it hurts your chances to not attend the pre interview info session? Im interviewing this week but wasn't able to attend one beforehand ☹
Probably not since they said optional. I would say that they understand and know we all have lives and work. It is more for our information than theirs. However, it gives you a larger scope of understanding of NYITCOM at A-State and could hurt some that did not know a lot about the program. I do not believe it will go against you in your admission decision. However, I am not an ADCOM but I would not worry much about it. We have a lot of other neurotic things to worry about :).

Reactions: 2 users
Also, I just interviewed. I thought it went really well! I just had a conversation with the interviewer! Do we know when we will hear? I forget???

Also, I just interviewed. I thought it went really well! I just had a conversation with the interviewer! Do we know when we will hear? I forget???
I am about to interview. I imagine first couple weeks of October would be the first round of A's.

interviewed today; i had the impression it was closed file but my interviewer was talking about my resume to start. pro tip for those waiting for interview: if you click on your interview zoom link beforehand you can find out who is interviewing you! this might help with any questions you may want to ask or just to familiarize yourself with the interviewer

interviewed today; i had the impression it was closed file but my interviewer was talking about my resume to start. pro tip for those waiting for interview: if you click on your interview zoom link beforehand you can find out who is interviewing you! this might help with any questions you may want to ask or just to familiarize yourself with the interviewer
My interviewer said he had basically all my info except grades

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody still waiting to hear back for a interview submitted in the July

OW orJonesboro campus? Do you know if OW favors NY or northeastern applicants?
again not an official answer and is something that might be best answered by admissions. Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas, Chicago, Florida, and southern states are heavily represented here in Jonesboro. I'm not too familiar with OW representation, but I know they have a ton of NY students. but I think they take your preference you put down seriously, so please answer that honestly. if you do not see yourself at one of the sites, then there is nothing wrong with putting down your honest preference. They are both great schools and have the same overall curriculum but serving different purposes in different regions. We want to graduate physicians that will serve in the delta region but the school is realistic and understands that this isn't everyone's preference.

Last edited:
Anybody still waiting to hear back for a interview submitted in the July
it actually took me two months to hear back about an interview. submitted secondary near end of june and got an interview invite near end of august.

Interviewed today. Interviewer was really nice but she asked me one question that threw me for a loop. Overall feel well and hope to share good news in a few weeks time.

Interviewed today. Interviewer was really nice but she asked me one question that threw me for a loop. Overall feel well and hope to share good news in a few weeks time.
There was one question for me as well like that. I DOUBT that would change their decision about us!

Anyone else thought that thank you email was a R email lol
That email definitely starts it’s read as a thanks for applying see you next year type of letter. However, I think it’s just the survey letter and a means to provide additional information.

Interviewed today. Pretty straightforward and fairly short, so I'm not sure how much weight it'll hold in the decision-making process, but it wasn't too stressful at all

From last year's thread, it looks like the first batch of As went out in mid-october
I just double-checked. Last year it was the evening of October 9 when people started getting A offers. They started the second round of interviews last year on the 14th of October and from the discussions and looking at the calendar the interview schedule last year matches up with this year.

9th was a Friday last year and Saturday this year so my money is on the 8th of October as a first release date of A's/WL's.

the link below is to 20-21 NYIT cycle SDN.

**Late Post**
Primary 6/23, Secondary received 6/28, submitted 7/1, II 8/17, attended 9/10.
I found the interview to be extremely relaxed and quite honestly the most conversational out of every interview that I have attended so far this cycle. The interview format was 1-on-1, lasted the entire 30 minutes, and I believe it was an open-file.
**NOTE: BRING YOUR ID TO THE INTERVIEW!! So far this was the only interview I have attended where they asked for proof of Identification at the end.
Good luck to everyone applying and I hope that everyone who has interviewed receives good news soon! :)

**Late Post**
Primary 6/23, Secondary received 6/28, submitted 7/1, II 8/17, attended 9/10.
I found the interview to be extremely relaxed and quite honestly the most conversational out of every interview that I have attended so far this cycle. The interview format was 1-on-1, lasted the entire 30 minutes, and I believe it was an open-file.
**NOTE: BRING YOUR ID TO THE INTERVIEW!! So far this was the only interview I have attended where they asked for proof of Identification at the end.
Good luck to everyone applying and I hope that everyone who has interviewed receives good news soon! :)
Lol yeah, please bring your ID! I overheard from interviewers that some of you all were surprised when asked for an ID. Was this not on any of the emails? If so, I’ll make sure to give admissions office a heads up to fix it.

Lol yeah, please bring your ID! I overheard from interviewers that some of you all were surprised when asked for an ID. Was this not on any of the emails? If so, I’ll make sure to give admissions office a heads up to fix it.
This is interesting to hear as all my email said nothing about IDs, the info session said nothing about an ID, and when I interviewed the interviewer did not ask for my ID…. Is that a OW campus thing?

Was definitely not in any of the emails for me and I went through them very thoroughly. Too late for me though. I think the interviewer got a bad impression of me for not showing up with an ID, even though I was never told to show up with an ID.

Last edited:
Was definitely not in any of the emails for me and I went through them very thoroughly. Too late for me though. I think the interviewer got a bad impression of me for not showing up with an ID, even though I was never told to show up with an ID.
Definitely wasn’t in any of the emails I got or when I spoke to the admissions office.

Did you do your interview somewhere besides home that you didn’t have it with you at all?

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic but I highly doubt not having it is going to be the reason you get a WL or R.

I got a specific email the day before my interview reminding me to bring my ID and my interviewer did ask to see my ID before we began. Did this email go to y'all's spam folder?
I think that email came out after a lot of people's interviews, because people were "forgetting" to bring their ID so admissions seemed to respond by sending that email to everyone. However, the reality is that the people that "forgot" were never really informed to bring their ID in the first place. And the people that knew to bring their ID prior to that email probably had read it online somewhere or heard from a friend/family member, etc.

I got a specific email the day before my interview reminding me to bring my ID and my interviewer did ask to see my ID before we began. Did this email go to y'all's spam folder?
I just double checked. Not one email I received says anything about a ID. Not a big deal.

I’ve not had anything go to spam from any school because as recommended I added each school to my contact list.

Did you do your interview somewhere besides home that you didn’t have it with you at all?

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic but I highly doubt not having it is going to be the reason you get a WL or R.
No, but my interviewer did look visibly disappointed in me for not having it ready.

Anyone else almost panic today when they saw the "Thank you for attending NYITCOM Welcome session" email...I got SO SCARED it was a rejection. phew!

No, but my interviewer did look visibly disappointed in me for not having it ready.
I’m sure you’re ok. I just apologized for not having it and asked if I could go get it. He said no problem. I interviewed on the 20th and never got an email about it.

I had read on here last year they needed it too but I forgot about it. Either way I don’t think the ID is end all be all. She probably just had several not having their when she did your interview.

I have faith we all did well and the holistic approach still applies to the application process. Hopefully next week we all have good results! If not don’t discount it, it’s rolling admissions, you’re not out until the year starts!

Heads up, we made it this far, we can run on a bit more!

You may be right. I interviewed towards the end of the second week of interview slots so that's probably the case. I do want to say that it was mentioned in the information session I attended though because I remember having thought about it before my interview prior to their reminder email. I'm not entirely sure though.

Maybe, but it definitely wasn't mentioned in my information session.

Thank you all, but it’s just an ID. I think there is universal confusion on both sides. I’ll make sure to let them know. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to give future interviewers a heads up also.
not having your ID ready won’t be a make it or break it thing. Just don’t overthink that IMO.
interviews are to make sure you match your application, and that you are a human being. Interviews are incredibly holistic, and if you get an II it means your application is great and we just want to know you as a person!

Reactions: 3 users
I just got an II!! I am excited. Complete 7/10.

I would have to agree. It’s definitely not a make or break. We are human at the end of the day y’all. Best thing we can do is prepare to the best of our knowledge. In a weird sorta way, WE are also interviewing the schools as well to see if they are the best fit for us! I am sure we all did great on our interviews :)

I would have to agree. It’s definitely not a make or break. We are human at the end of the day y’all. Best thing we can do is prepare to the best of our knowledge. In a weird sorta way, WE are also interviewing the schools as well to see if they are the best fit for us! I am sure we all did great on our interviews :)
YES, I cannot stress enough that you are also interviewing the schools! Come in with questions, come in with research done on the school! Please look into each school you are applying, and if you are in the vicinity, maybe see if you can put eyes on the campus to see what the area is like. Its so incredibly important that you go to a school you have a good feeling about. Especially with everything being online, you really gotta make sure the schools the right fit.

I interviewed at several schools all which were great, but none left as happy and excited as here when I interviewed. I remember sitting in my rental car in the ASU garage after the interview was just so excited to see what my decision would be at this school.

Also, see what other med students have to say on this forum. I have my own views on the school that current 1st and 2nd years might not agree with, and thats fine! Take a culmination of everything you hear and make your informed decision!

YES, I cannot stress enough that you are also interviewing the schools! Come in with questions, come in with research done on the school! Please look into each school you are applying, and if you are in the vicinity, maybe see if you can put eyes on the campus to see what the area is like. Its so incredibly important that you go to a school you have a good feeling about. Especially with everything being online, you really gotta make sure the schools the right fit.

I interviewed at several schools all which were great, but none left as happy and excited as here when I interviewed. I remember sitting in my rental car in the ASU garage after the interview was just so excited to see what my decision would be at this school.

Also, see what other med students have to say on this forum. I have my own views on the school that current 1st and 2nd years might not agree with, and thats fine! Take a culmination of everything you hear and make your informed decision!
Completely agree. This school was an interest of mine but after the pre-interview (which I assume would have normally been during the interview day) it quickly became my top pick school out of the several I applied to. It is my top pick for no other reason than it aligned with my own personal beliefs and passion for medical care.

It's NOT all about the A's. If the school truly doesn't match what you are looking for, I believe faking it in the interview is only going to hinder you during the program, no matter what school we are talking about. You get out what you put in and if it's not a fit for you, it's a lower probability that you put in your max effort.

You may not agree. It's just my thought from a vast life experience :shrug:

Does anyone know when we should start hearing back about the II decision? Starting to get stressed.

Does anyone know when we should start hearing back about the II decision? Starting to get stressed.
Based on last couple years I am estimating it will be this Friday (Oct 8) evening before the first A’s are distributed.

Reactions: 4 users
Completely agree. This school was an interest of mine but after the pre-interview (which I assume would have normally been during the interview day) it quickly became my top pick school out of the several I applied to. It is my top pick for no other reason than it aligned with my own personal beliefs and passion for medical care.

It's NOT all about the A's. If the school truly doesn't match what you are looking for, I believe faking it in the interview is only going to hinder you during the program, no matter what school we are talking about. You get out what you put in and if it's not a fit for you, it's a lower probability that you put in your max effort.

You may not agree. It's just my thought from a vast life experience :shrug:
Yeah I advise not applying to schools you don’t see yourself at. I have seen plenty of people go into programs and school and act shocked when the schools curriculum/rotation are designed around their mission.

This goes for osteopathic and rural medicine here at this campus. This is what we are here for and we only hope we get like minded and inspired people on our side to meet our mission.

However the school is aware that it isn’t everyone’s end goal and mission, so most schools are realistic about it.