2021-2022 New York Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hahah I meant to write in this thread. Got pre-II denied frown downstate. Lol I just went back to check and NYMC admissions did call it the Alternate List in an email to me previously but initially they did say waitlist, my bad! Also another school I was waiting on (not downstate) also called it the “Alternate List” too which probably reinforced it!! Lol wishing you all luck!
Congrats!! And thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Do merit-based grants come with your acceptance offer? Or do they come later when you apply for financial aid?

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew my A here. Hoping it goes out to one of y'all!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone try sending them official transcripts to the “update” email? I got a message saying they haven’t accepted it yet. I just got my grades back for my last semester of grad school so sent it as an update.

Just got the A off the waitlist!! This is my first acceptance Im so happy omg

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted too!!!! Interviewed in October and was on the waitlist.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got the A on 5/31! Excited to start! Is there any incoming class group me?

Reactions: 1 user

3.8 undergrad, 4.0 graduate, 511 MCAT.
Adjunct professor for biology, on billboard charts for singing, modeled, have an associates degree in acting, and then the rest are pretty cookie cutter research clubs volunteer shadowing etc

If anyone looking for accommodations near New York Medical college (15 min drive) please message me.
private Suite with separate entry and fully furnished.
Parking, utilities included.

Just committed to a different institution and am withdrawing my app here - best of luck to everyone still waiting

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Getting HBV booster next week cuz my antibody test came back negative. Healthcare paperwork said if a booster was needed to get another antibody test 30 days after booster. Move in day will be less than 30 days away at that point, so I won't be able to get everything done before then. Anybody know if that'll be a big deal? Or is that pretty normal lol. I got in pretty late so there's not much I could've done...

Edit: contacted Health Services and they didn't really answer my question, they just told me to submit what I have by the deadline and everything else in missing can be done before school starts

The amount of times I’ve refreshed this page to see if anyone has gotten the A since more people withdrew … come through NYMC 🙏🏼

The amount of times I’ve refreshed this page to see if anyone has gotten the A since more people withdrew … come through NYMC 🙏🏼
Some people have gotten off the WL in the past couple of weeks based on changes in the class groups on social media. The class seems nearly full now, but there could still be room for a couple more people.

I can't believe it. I just got off the WL. First acceptance in 2 years of 5 waitlists. I'm over the moon.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Anybody know how much laundry costs here? Website says you get a card that you need to fill with money to use washers and dryers 😐

Just received a deferred acceptance for 2023 matriculation!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users