2022-2023 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sure. No masters or anything like that. They just said that they couldn't accept me for last year's entering class, but they still thought I'd make a great physician and wanted to accept me for this year's entering class through their Early Assurance program. Got the email mid-July last year.

I just had to make a 2022 AMCAS for the early assurance (didn't have to change anything about the app itself, I just imported my 2021 AMCAS,) resend transcripts to them, let them know when I got verified and received the secondary (didn't have to send the secondary in,) then they sent the official acceptance notif. If you end up getting this, they'll give you directions for all that stuff. They're really nice.
That's amazing! I didn't know they did that. Do you know how many people they give this type of offer to? And did you interview for both 2021 and 2022?

Members don't see this ad.

Those with A's care to share stats and state of residence
In state, LM 72, lots of research, subpar ECs, and applied with less than 200 hrs clinical experience (was just starting as a medical assistant which is the only clinical experience I have)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! For anyone that has interviewed, how long did it take for you student to reach out to you?

I interviewed Weds and haven’t heard anything yet. They say they want the student chat to happen w/in a week of the official interview.

Hi! For anyone that has interviewed, how long did it take for you student to reach out to you?

I interviewed Weds and haven’t heard anything yet. They say they want the student chat to happen w/in a week of the official interview.
a few days. will depend on how proactive/busy your student is. don't sweat it tho

Reactions: 1 user

sorry, what do you mean by this? is there something else youre supposed to do after interviewing?

sorry, what do you mean by this? is there something else youre supposed to do after interviewing?
I received an email after interviewing that I should be expecting a student to reach out to me for a brief conversation that would be recorded in my file

I received an email after interviewing that I should be expecting a student to reach out to me for a brief conversation that would be recorded in my file
i interviewed a few weeks ago and did not have this...anyone know if this was something we were supposed to do??

i interviewed a few weeks ago and did not have this...anyone know if this was something we were supposed to do??
Hmm that’s strange. This is what I received a few hours after my interview

Attachments

• C77C82EA-2A70-427A-9616-F5743757A9FC.jpeg
    C77C82EA-2A70-427A-9616-F5743757A9FC.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 281
  • Haha
Hahaha oh my god I’m an idiot! Sorry for the scares 🫠

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Just popping my head in. Pre II hold here too. Realised my 496 MCAT score wasnt cutting it but know my application is pretty good. Reached out to them to confirm my MCAT was the problem and switching my application to the 1 year program with conditional A for ‘24.
I definitely need the extra help. Just being real.
Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
Just popping my head in. Pre II hold here too. Realised my 496 MCAT score wasnt cutting it but know my application is pretty good. Reached out to them to confirm my MCAT was the problem and switching my application to the 1 year program with conditional A for ‘24.
Good luck everyone.
Did they confirm that your mcat score was the problem?

Good luck everyone.
What program is this?

That's amazing! I didn't know they did that. Do you know how many people they give this type of offer to? And did you interview for both 2021 and 2022?
I'm honestly not sure. I attended an accepted person's tour fairly recently and one other person there also got it. But there were like 15 people max over there, and the class size is over 200, so there's definitely more that I don't know about.

Just 2021, December of that year. Got the WL in January 2022, and then received the offer in July 2022.

Can you link where the information about this program is?

You have to be referred.
What program is this?

So got the Pre II rejection email with an additional email saying I cant do the linkage. Sorry if I gave anyone false hope- mostly myself false hope. Apparently the SOM have to interview first and then nominate you. That wasn't my route but its all good.
I guess im going to be thugging that cold out upstate. But free tuition,free housing and I get a stipend so it’s all good.
So just a note of hope for others- other NY medical schools definitely offer without an II because I got one this cycle.
Apologies again🫠

Does anyone know if its okay to call NYMC and ask about WL movements? I've heard they're receptive to phone calls but I want to make sure so I dont ruin my chances by coming across as annoying.

Does anyone know if its okay to call NYMC and ask about WL movements? I've heard they're receptive to phone calls but I want to make sure so I dont ruin my chances by coming across as annoying.
You can get a better idea by stalking the threads from previous years

Will be withdrawing my acceptance here soon along with my scholarship. Hope it goes to one of yall!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if the school accepts letters of intent? (currently on their WL)

just got the A!!!! IS interviewed early march and I thought I bombed it lol

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else get put on hold? Is there usually a change in Hold status? I was put on hold months ago and received nothing... no II so should I just assume rejection?

Anyone else get put on hold? Is there usually a change in Hold status? I was put on hold months ago and received nothing... no II so should I just assume rejection?
Yes, I got the same months ago. I assume its a soft rejection especially since I think interview season is either over/or about to be at NYMC

Is it possible to see WL movement before May? My patience is running out being on 4 WL (nymc is my top choice tho) 🥲🫠🫠

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Is it possible to see WL movement before May? My patience is running out being on 4 WL (nymc is my top choice tho) 🥲🫠🫠
That sounds stressful but the odds are technically in your favor. Rooting for you 🤞🏿