2021-2022 New York Med

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's only one question on the secondary ! And yes, that's 300 characters, not words.

2021-2022 New York Medical College Secondary Essay Prompts:

1. Please share any disruptions in your academic, volunteer, work, and/or personal life related to COVID-19 that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider (300 characters)


Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else running into the issue of not having a letter from your department you majored in? I had other science professors write my letters since I knew them better. I emailed the school to ask if my letter from my research PI at another school but the department I majored in counts, but I’m wondering how flexible they are with this requirement.
 
Anyone else running into the issue of not having a letter from your department you majored in? I had other science professors write my letters since I knew them better. I emailed the school to ask if my letter from my research PI at another school but the department I majored in counts, but I’m wondering how flexible they are with this requirement.
Yeah, my major doesn't even have a department so I am not sure how to go about this.
 
I am confused because my AMCAS hasn't yet been verified, but I still got a secondary from them already? Does anyone else have the same issue?
Me too. The cynical side of me is thinking they send this out to everyone who submitted a primary just to get more money lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They shouldn't know that we sent a primary though because our app hasn't been verified and sent to them yet?
This happened last year with a few schools I know. I think schools do get a notification saying that we included them to send to. Since NYMC doesn’t screen, they just send it early. I’m not verified either
 
Does anyone have a problem where their payment is declined? I've tried about three different cards and none of them have worked.
 
Does anyone have a problem where their payment is declined? I've tried about three different cards and none of them have worked.

Used my AMEX card and it wasn’t working - when I switched to my visa it was fine though
 
For anyone with the issue of not having a letter from your major’s department, this was their response:


We require a letter from your major, biology, from a professor who has taughtyou in class and in which you received academic credit..

If you are unable to have the required letters submitted on your behalf, you can send an email to [email protected] after you submit your supplemental application, and explain why you could not obtain the required letter and state would like your application completed with the letters you have sent in. At that time we will complete your application.
 
+1 IS Secondary Received.

Also apparently they're repeating their mistake from last year of having their COVID Impact prompt be 300 characters. :|
Is it supposed to allow more than 300 characters bc you can't really write about anything with that limit. I guess I'll email them.

Also, does anyone know if I should wait to be verified to submit the secondary? I am still waiting on a LOR to be submitted on AMCAS and did not submit my primary until ~6/15, should I still submit the secondary ASAP?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did it take after your submitted? I submitted 7/1 but haven't gotten a complete email. Portal just says the thing about it typically taking 4-6 weeks to process apps
Submitted on 6/25 and received the complete email on 7/1
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On their LOR requirements, it says to "Please request your AMCAS ID # be included on each of your letters." Is anyone actually doing this? I don't want to burden my letter writers by asking them to resubmit with my ID (especially for people I asked months ago).
 
On their LOR requirements, it says to "Please request your AMCAS ID # be included on each of your letters." Is anyone actually doing this? I don't want to burden my letter writers by asking them to resubmit with my ID (especially for people I asked months ago).
I did not, and I was still marked complete. I did use Interfolio, though — not sure if that affects anything.