2022-2023 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R
Good luck everyone ❤

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else get put on hold? Is there usually a change in Hold status? I was put on hold months ago and received nothing... no II so should I just assume rejection?
I got an R last week. They may still be trying to evaluate.

Is it possible to see WL movement before May? My patience is running out being on 4 WL (nymc is my top choice tho) 🥲🫠🫠
I'm in a similar situation and the way I'm able to sleep at night is by telling myself that if I'm on multiple waitlists in the same geographic area and caliber of school then the same people are probably accepted to my WL schools and they can only go to one

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was also on a hold prior to pre-II R last night. Not sure how close I might have been. Also uncertain if there were even any dates left

A last Wednesday, 29Mar, interviewed 06Mar!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
A last Wednesday. Interviewed ~3 weeks ago. So excited!

• Love
I have withdrawn my acceptance and scholarship. Wishing you all the best of luck! :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
is the turnaround time to hear back post-interview around 3 weeks now?

I received a no-fancy-name scholarship for $20k a year.

Withdrew my A today. Good luck y'all!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When does the WL start moving 😅 any info regarding that would be great.

The anxiety is a killer.

• Care

The anxiety is a killer.
From last years thread it started on May 3rd but I wish itd start sooner. I'm sitting on 0 A :(

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
The website says mid April...how accurate do we think that is lol

The anxiety is a killer.
Their last interview was March 23rd im pretty sure. So, I would imagine once that group hears back from decisions, waitlist should start moving. Beginning of May seems likely. Mad nervous though, but apparently NYMC takes quite a lot from waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R finally. Honestly insulting that they suggest becoming a podiatrist or another career and advertise their other schools directly in the email, like ok I have a 90th percentile MCAT score you can chill tf out. Rude as hell

• Care
WL movement can't come soon enough 🙃

Reactions: 1 user
Have you sent any updates or LOI? NYMC is receptive to them
yeah I sent a LOI a few weeks back and outlined a million reasons why they're the best fit for me. Hopefully it'll do something

• Care
yeah I sent a LOI a few weeks back and outlined a million reasons why they're the best fit for me. Hopefully it'll do something
It's "only" 2.5 more weeks until WL movement starts in earnest. Maybe I'll start a new hobby or smth to kill the time 😭

It's "only" 2.5 more weeks until WL movement starts in earnest. Maybe I'll start a new hobby or smth to kill the time 😭
yeah hobbies def help otherwise I'd be constantly spiraling over the fact that I have no As :( i guess a couple of weeks will fly by quickly

• Care
Will be dropping my A come May, hope it goes to one of you

Reactions: 8 users
Is there an upcoming accepted students day? Or has that already happened?

Does the school allow for in-person campus visits?

Are they still interviewing here? I was placed on hold in February and haven't heard anything since :/

Just withdrew my application. Hope it goes to one of you on the waitlist!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Is there an upcoming accepted students day? Or has that already happened?

Does the school allow for in-person campus visits?
There is a second look day on April 21st but I am pretty sure it's too late to register now. They have an option of setting you up with a medical student to hang out with for the day if you come on a random day. Email [email protected] if you want to set that up.

Next week might be too early for WL movement but I really really hope we do
I interviewed 3/23 and haven’t heard back yet, so I think WL movement will start as soon as the last group receives a decision