2022-2023 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
good luck to everyone this coming week - fingers crossed for us all!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I also got off the waitlist last week! I interviewed in March and was waitlisted in mid-April.
If anyone has the link to the accepted students groupme, please let me in lol

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
im so afraid that the class is full but ppl aren’t reporting their As
I highly doubt it. There will be more movement as the days go on. People who have As might get into their top choice and free up spots. It's not over till it's over!

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew from the WL - good luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone on the WL heard back this week? Getting anxious :scared:

Has anyone on the WL heard back this week? Getting anxious :scared:
Sadly not. I will say, I’ve been feeling better hanging out on the WL, because over 10 of my friends (M2s and M3s) at the school got off the waitlist in late May, mid June, and early July. I expect sporadic movement moving forward - but sadly the waiting process will continue to be brutal.

To everyone on this WL as well as others, try to remain positive and live your life to the fullest, no matter what! & if it’s really meant to be, then you’ll experience getting that A, even if it comes at such an inconvenient time. Hang in there!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone! I just got accepted off the waitlist on Friday (5/12). Interviewed 11/21, waitlisted 12/14.

Reactions: 8 users
If anyone is wondering, the accepted students Facebook page has 210 members (not including admins) and the group me has 67 members (it was made recently).

If anyone is wondering, the accepted students Facebook page has 210 members (not including admins) and the group me has 67 members (it was made recently).

dang… how many people do they usually accept? does that mean the class is already full :(

Members don't see this ad :)
dang… how many people do they usually accept? does that mean the class is already full :(
I believe the class size is usually around 212 or 213 but students have been leaving the gc and new ones entering so there still is some movement, especially because a good chunk are still waiting to hear back from other schools.

withdrew my A this weekend, hope it goes to one of you guys!! good luck everyone

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted off waitlist! interviewed on 1/12 and placed on WL on 2/14

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to those that got accepted! Were you PTE at another school?

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted off waitlist today - couldn't be more thrilled! Good luck to all for good news soon!

Accepted this morning from waitlist! So excited. Movement is happening. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 5 users
Plan to withdraw from here (overly political during my interview day - big turnoff and lucky enough to have an A elsewhere) but from what I've heard... this school is very fond of LOI's. They've been rank-chasing for years especially after being bought out by Touro and yield % plays a part in ranking. So if you really want to go here (and are willing to commit to attending if admitted), send an LOI!
Congrats on your other A. can you explain "overly political during my interview day"

Can someone share the link to the accepted students groupme and facebook group.
Thanks

Congrats on your other A. can you explain "overly political during my interview day"
I think he is referencing when the chancellor gave a speech about the school being pro-choice, pro-immigration, and "will treat anyone who walks through the hospital doors" during the opening of each interview day. I found it very inspiring.

Reactions: 9 users
I think he is referencing when the chancellor gave a speech about the school being pro-choice, pro-immigration, and "will treat anyone who walks through the hospital doors" during the opening of each interview day. I found it very inspiring.
Agree—it was actually kind of refreshing to hear a school give an unambiguous stance tbh.

Can someone share the link to the accepted students groupme? Thanks!

i know the Facebook group isn’t always representative, but it’s at 219 members rn. and there’s four admins so that’s 215.

and they usually accept 216 i think :(
Checked with admission and the official class size for 2023 is 214. The FB group is not necessarily an exact count.

I withdrew my A earlier today after getting an acceptance at my top choice. NYMC seems like a great place to be and I chose otherwise simply because it is far from home. Good luck to those still waiting for that open spot!

Reactions: 6 users