2021-2022 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM Clearwater)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How did you guys answer the "Is this your first time applying to nsu? I already submitted the NOVA MD app. Should I mention it there?

Members don't see this ad.

My interview is Thursday and I haven’t received an email with the zoom link or any other information. Should I expect it soon or should I contact someone?

My interview is Thursday and I haven’t received an email with the zoom link or any other information. Should I expect it soon or should I contact someone?
The same thing happened to me! But don’t worry, they send it to you like a day before

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Does anyone have a point of contact for Nova? I tried e-mailing their general e-mail ([email protected]) but have not been successful. TIA!

Congrats on the A's!! Does anybody who got accepted mind sharing their stats or their LM?

Hi everyone! Does anyone have a point of contact for Nova? I tried e-mailing their general e-mail ([email protected]) but have not been successful. TIA!
Try calling 1-877-640-0218 Prompt 1, 3, 5!! Just called because I missed the "complete call" (which was sent in 9/7) but I missed it because I did not recognize the number.

Try calling 1-877-640-0218 Prompt 1, 3, 5!! Just called because I missed the "complete call" (which was sent in 9/7) but I missed it because I did not recognize the number.
I will. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, I want to confirm this with everyone on here: So, if you plan to apply to both campuses (Davie and Tampa), you have to submit two supplemental applications and pay for it? Furthermore, if you qualified for an AACOMAS fee waiver, you still have to pay the two fees, and only if you get an interview will you qualify for a refund?

Also, I want to confirm this with everyone on here: So, if you plan to apply to both campuses (Davie and Tampa), you have to submit two supplemental applications and pay for it? Furthermore, if you qualified for an AACOMAS fee waiver, you still have to pay the two fees, and only if you get an interview will you qualify for a refund?
Im pretty sure there isn’t a way to apply to both campuses because they both operate under 1 adcom. I did one app to the Tampa campus and during our interview there were student Ambassador/faculty speaking from both locations. There also isn’t a different criteria/stats for either campus, just based on preference. I may be wrong though so maybe some current students can answer your question better.

Hey guys. I was accepted this week which I’m stoked on, but also was accepted to another school and I’m wondering what school will be best for me. One thing that worries me about Nova is it seems students in the past have had bad experiences with the admin, talking about being “blacklisted” and such. The board scores were also pretty low a few years ago and have only come up a little since then. Plus I’ve heard they’ve lost some rotation spots in South Florida. Has anyone else heard these things and are y’all concerned at all?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone completed on or near July 13 that has gotten an II, Pre-II Rejection, or still waiting?

Im pretty sure there isn’t a way to apply to both campuses because they both operate under 1 adcom. I did one app to the Tampa campus and during our interview there were student Ambassador/faculty speaking from both locations. There also isn’t a different criteria/stats for either campus, just based on preference. I may be wrong though so maybe some current students can answer your question better.
I found out from NSU that unfortunately you do have to apply separately to each campus. You have to send one application indicating you are applying to Davie and another indicating you are applying to Clearwater. You have to pay two different application fees, and if selected for an interview, you get it refunded.

I found out from NSU that unfortunately you do have to apply separately to each campus. You have to send one application indicating you are applying to Davie and another indicating you are applying to Clearwater. You have to pay two different application fees, and if selected for an interview, you get it refunded.
I’m not quite sure where you got this info. In the Q&A portion of the interview with the students it was mentioned you could send an email in to switch your preference after you’re accepted.

I’m not quite sure where you got this info. In the Q&A portion of the interview with the students it was mentioned you could send an email in to switch your preference after you’re accepted.
I apologize for the confusion. Someone from NSU clearly did not know what she was talking about. I got this information from a lady who picked up the phone last week. However, today I received clarification from Bianca who called to notify me that my application is complete and ready for review. Similarly, she said you are given the opportunity to select your preferred campus site once you are accepted.

I apologize for the confusion. Someone from NSU clearly did not know what she was talking about. I got this information from a lady who picked up the phone last week. However, today I received clarification from Bianca who called to notify me that my application is complete and ready for review. Similarly, she said you are given the opportunity to select your preferred campus site once you are accepted.
I can confirm that you only have to apply to NSU-KPCOM once for both campuses, they will ask for your campus preference. If accepted you will be assigned to the preferred campus, unless it is full. Both campuses filled up around the same time last year and you can fill out a transfer form to switch campuses prior to the M1 year starting (assuming there is someone from the opposite campus willing to switch).

Reactions: 2 users
I can confirm that you only have to apply to NSU-KPCOM once for both campuses, they will ask for your campus preference. If accepted you will be assigned to the preferred campus, unless it is full. Both campuses filled up around the same time last year and you can fill out a transfer form to switch campuses prior to the M1 year starting (assuming there is someone from the opposite campus willing to switch).
Thank you for your input. I found out from Bianca today that what you are saying is valid. It is sad to realize that who ever I spoke to last week, I believe her name is Aiktha (that's what it sounds like), is spreading misinformation.

HI guys, should I apply here? I've been debating it. A little about me: 3.7 sGPA,3.82 cGPA 494 MCAT. I have experience as a medical scribe, medical assistant, surgical anesthesia assistant, tutoring at an elementary school, clinical and nonclinical volunteering, bilingual, SES disadvantaged, First generation college student, malnutrition and child hood obesity health advocate. I'm willing to retake the mcat in January since the admissions says they accept january retakes, however Idk if I should wait till January-February to send me secondary, to avoid being screened out.

HI guys, should I apply here? I've been debating it. A little about me: 3.7 sGPA,3.82 cGPA 494 MCAT. I have experience as a medical scribe, medical assistant, surgical anesthesia assistant, tutoring at an elementary school, clinical and nonclinical volunteering, bilingual, SES disadvantaged, First generation college student, malnutrition and child hood obesity health advocate. I'm willing to retake the mcat in January since the admissions says they accept january retakes, however Idk if I should wait till January-February to send me secondary, to avoid being screened out.
I think that would be best answered if you asked the adcom directly. If they know you’re retaking the mcat then they could flag your app so that you don’t automatically get screened out and you could apply now

I think that would be best answered if you asked the adcom directly. If they know you’re retaking the mcat then they could flag your app so that you don’t automatically get screened out and you could apply now
It’s so hard to reach an admissions counselor! Is it really a thing where they can flag the application?

It’s so hard to reach an admissions counselor! Is it really a thing where they can flag the application?
Whenever I email them they typically respond within a week. Honestly no clue but they’re the ones who will be tasked with looking at your app so it’s best if they are informed. I’m pretty sure applying this late with that mcat is an automatic R so I would def hit them up if I were you

Whenever I email them they typically respond within a week. Honestly no clue but they’re the ones who will be tasked with looking at your app so it’s best if they are informed. I’m pretty sure applying this late with that mcat is an automatic R so I would def hit them up if I were you
Is there a specific Adcom counselor you’ve had the best luck with? I’ve emailed one of them and she does not reply.

I can’t even seem to find the admissions email the one that they attach at the end of the secondary doesn’t work for me

I applied pretty late (2 weeks ago) and just saw we had to do the secondary application on their website, so I did that last week. None of my materials say they are received except for the secondary payment. Does that stuff populate automatically or is there anything else I need to do?

I also applied to both campuses individually not sure if that was necessary or not.

I applied pretty late (2 weeks ago) and just saw we had to do the secondary application on their website, so I did that last week. None of my materials say they are received except for the secondary payment. Does that stuff populate automatically or is there anything else I need to do?

I also applied to both campuses individually not sure if that was necessary or not.
Their system is weird lolol, they have the information and will input it themselves dw. And it wasn't necessary to apply to both :p

Their system is weird lolol, they have the information and will input it themselves dw. And it wasn't necessary to apply to both :p
Actually ended up getting called like 2 hours after this, so thank you for the heads up!!

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Do they send IIs through an email or with a phone call like they do with the complete call?

Last edited:
So my portal (the recruitment one) changed to show this? Should I assume it is an admit?
1634230606335.png

It seems that a person who interviewed on 9/30 also got that update so I assume that it doesn't mean anything. (unless those who interviewed on the 30th are getting decisions the same time as those who interviewed on 9/14-9/16)

It seems that a person who interviewed on 9/30 also got that update so I assume that it doesn't mean anything. (unless those who interviewed on the 30th are getting decisions the same time as those who interviewed on 9/14-9/16)
I think it’s an acceptance right? Considering they have a deposit Payment on the to-do list? I am CONFUSION lol