2021-2022 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received app complete email today, secondary submitted on 7/18

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Received app complete email today, secondary submitted on 7/18
Is this confirmation supposed to be different from the initial file complete automated email? Because I got the "secondary application is complete" email right after I submitted my secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this confirmation supposed to be different from the initial file complete automated email? Because I got the "secondary application is complete" email right after I submitted my secondary.
You’re correct, it’s the confirmation and I believe your letters also being checked off. It also says in your portal if your application is complete.

Hopefully they start sending out IIs soon 🤞

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully they start sending out IIs soon 🤞
Honestly I'm complete everywhere and the waiting has been the absolute worst. This was the first school I was complete at.....x-x

on last year's sdn page the first ii went out aug 27 so hopefully we'll hear something soon!

• Wow
I have two additional letters that were sent after my application was complete, but they aren’t on the OU-HCOM portal…should I be worried?

I have two additional letters that were sent after my application was complete, but they aren’t on the OU-HCOM portal…should I be worried?
How long ago were they submitted? You might want to email them!

How long ago were they submitted? You might want to email them!
One was submitted Monday and the other last month? I already have 4 on my portal and didn't know if there was a limit that is shown.

I had to send an additional letter and it got uploaded the same day. However, the rest of my letters had already been checked.

One was submitted Monday and the other last month? I already have 4 on my portal and didn't know if there was a limit that is shown.
There is no limit- I have 5 letters and all are checked off and categorized. If it's been a few weeks and you're still not checked off, give them a call or at least email them.

Members don't see this ad :)
When do you think they'll start sending IIs? I'm starting to get really anxious 😰

When do you think they'll start sending IIs? I'm starting to get really anxious 😰
Honestly same. I submitted my last secondary on Friday and decided to keep off my laptop Saturday (I wasted my Saturday doing absolutely nothing, it was amazing). And now it's back to anxiety lol
Edit: OK HOLD UP. Today is Monday 😂 I thought Sunday.

Last edited:
Honestly same. I submitted my last secondary on Friday and decided to keep off my laptop Saturday (I wasted my Saturday doing absolutely nothing, it was amazing). And now it's back to anxiety lol
I too wasted my Saturday after a very long week of work only to stress out on Sunday cause I spaced on plans. Apparently I emptied my mind too much. 🙃

• Care
Omg II!! I'm so excited 😁
Was assigned to a specific interview date (mid September). They stated the day would be from 9a-1p.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Was assigned to a specific interview date (mid September). They stated the day would be from 9a-1p.
Congrats!!!!! When were you complete? I really hope I get good news from this school...

• Love
Sweet! Kill it man, I am so happy for you!
Thanks man! I know you were having problems getting your LoRs in, so I'd give it some time cause you also got a LECOM II.

• Love
aaaay congrats on getting your secondaries in!! I have 4 more and whatever I don't finish by labor day is not going to be finished :blackeye: hahah

• Haha
aaaay congrats on getting your secondaries in!! I have 4 more and whatever I don't finish by labor day is not going to be finished :blackeye: hahah
Ugh it was such a relief! You've got this, just grind for a few days and get those OUT! The feeling of all that weight disappearing off your shoulders (and pockets) will be A M A Z I N G

Congratulations!! You won't need it, but best of luck to ya!

• Care
Congratulations! Are interviews virtual this cycle?

Congrats! What campus did you rank as your top?

Does anyone know about the TCC interview process? Are these also virtual right now?

Does it matter if you live near Dublin instead of in Dublin? I'm not in Dublin but I'm within around a 20 minute drive from the school.

I know these regional campuses have a strong preference for people with ties to the area but I don't know how strict they are with that. I'm within 10-15 miles of the school (don't want to give exact coordinates)

Does it matter if you live near Dublin instead of in Dublin? I'm not in Dublin but I'm within around a 20 minute drive from the school.

I know these regional campuses have a strong preference for people with ties to the area but I don't know how strict they are with that. I'm within 10-15 miles of the school (don't want to give exact coordinates)
I mean I don't think so. They'll be able to see where you're from. Like technically the Cleveland campus isn't in downtown Cleveland it's in Warrensville, because to be honest Cleveland is huge. So we just consider all of Cuyahoga county within the region "Cleveland" to the outside view- although if you ask another person from Cleveland area they'll give you the specific like oh I'm from the xxx or yyy and we all know where it is. Lol 😂

As an update, I emailed them about my letters and they just told me to be patient....despite it already being a while...

• Sad
As an update, I emailed them about my letters and they just told me to be patient....despite it already being a while...
Same I submitted them with aacomas and they’re not checked off yet from their portal.

• Wow
I had three letter, one committee, one science, and one physician. But they counted them as only one science and two additional. Should I email them asking why? I think that's what's holding my application from being complete.

Finally got all my letters with checkmarks! Time for that II

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received an interview for the TCC 3 year program yet this cycle? When you submitted your application for that program, did they email you to say they received it?

Was complete a month ago..... haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 3 users