2021-2022 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CASPer complete and secondary submitted.

Anyone here in the graduate certificate program?

Members don't see this ad.

Excited to interview here soon. Blessings to us all this cycle! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is the CASPer mandatory? I thought I read that it was optional?

Is the CASPer mandatory? I thought I read that it was optional?
You need to have it on file before they'll make a decision to admit you or not, you don't need it to be considered for an interview

Reactions: 1 user
I sent my casper without having an interview mainly because I scored 4th quartile on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just want to say good luck everyone. OSU has it's cons as does any medical school but I got a good education and OSU has the resources to get you into some excellent residencies if you choose to hustle and take advantage of them.

Reactions: 2 users
Just want to say good luck everyone. OSU has it's cons as does any medical school but I got a good education and OSU has the resources to get you into some excellent residencies if you choose to hustle and take advantage of them.
Thanks for the info! What is it like as a surgical resident?

Thanks for the info! What is it like as a surgical resident?
Very busy with long hours, early mornings, and lots of call. I wouldn't trade it for anything though.

If anyone wants to do surgery and wants to chat about it they can feel free to DM me.

Last edited:
Interviewing 9/23! 😁

Reactions: 4 users
To those who were accepted, congrats! Also, which campus did you interview at? I just got an II for the Tahlequah campus, and was wondering if that means I will only have the option if an A comes in to only attend the Tahlequah campus?

People who were accepted, what were your stats please? Also, is it in-person interview only?

To those who were accepted, congrats! Also, which campus did you interview at? I just got an II for the Tahlequah campus, and was wondering if that means I will only have the option if an A comes in to only attend the Tahlequah campus?
I interviewed at Tahlequah and got an offer exclusively for Tahlequah. Don't think that's necessarily the case for everyone though

So just to be clear, is only CASPer required? Or is snapshot required as well? Just a little confused about this.

Also, to people who were accepted, did you mark a campus preference in your secondary? Or did you only tell them your preference during/after interview?

So just to be clear, is only CASPer required? Or is snapshot required as well? Just a little confused about this.

Also, to people who were accepted, did you mark a campus preference in your secondary? Or did you only tell them your preference during/after interview?
I only did CASPer and received an A. If they offer you an A then they’ll say it’s for either campus or tell you which one.

I only did CASPer and received an A. If they offer you an A then they’ll say it’s for either campus or tell you which one.
Congrats!! How did you do on CASPer? And about the choosing school thing, like did you mark a preferred school in the secondary itself?

I don’t understand the X
It's a placeholder so that people don't have to reveal their exact MCAT or GPA for privacy reasons. So 51x means anything between 510-519. Bit of a big range, but at DO schools, all of those are going to be very good. 3.9x means anything between 3.9-3.99, and anything in that range is essentially the same tbh.

It's a placeholder so that people don't have to reveal their exact MCAT or GPA for privacy reasons. So 51x means anything between 510-519. Bit of a big range, but at DO schools, all of those are going to be very good. 3.9x means anything between 3.9-3.99, and anything in that range is essentially the same tbh.
thank you for clarifying lol

that's interesting, they told me they only interview at the Tulsa campus when I went in! I was A'd for both campuses though

Hi guys I'm an OOS applicant GPA: 3.54 MCAT 511. Do I have a chance?

Hi guys I'm an OOS applicant GPA: 3.54 MCAT 511. Do I have a chance?
Just my $0.02, I'd guess so. Your MCAT is much higher than the median and your GPA is solid. Bonus points if you have solid ECS, ties to OK, or are from any of the plains states. They told me a couple of years ago that 85% of their matriculants have to be OK residents, but that leaves a solid 15% of the class that can come from anywhere.

Got an interview for 2 weeks from now! IS applicant, 497 mcat and 3.4 gpa!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Haven't heard anything from this school, OOS bordering state applicant. I have family here but I don't know if thats considered ties or not.

Waitlisted 10/11

Last edited:
Don't lose hope it's still early in the cycle!
I won’t just yet! Definitely still holding out hope and at my interview they did say many people that interview this early get waitlisted so crossing my fingers! ◡̈

I won’t just yet! Definitely still holding out hope and at my interview they did say many people that interview this early get waitlisted so crossing my fingers! ◡̈
I interview on Friday knowing that I'll probably be waitlisted but I'd rather be waitlisted early on than later in the cycle!

Does anyone know when they start pulling from the waitlist? I interviewed in late August and was waitlisted the second week of September for reference. I would assume it is after people start getting MD or other DO Acceptances but not sure when that timeline usually is.

Does anyone know when they start pulling from the waitlist? I interviewed in late August and was waitlisted the second week of September for reference. I would assume it is after people start getting MD or other DO Acceptances but not sure when that timeline usually is.
I know a big Date for MD acceptance is October 15th, so once people start giving up their spots then there will be waitlist movement

Do we need to do duet and snapshot or just casper part

Haven't heard anything from this school, OOS bordering state applicant. I have family here but I don't know if thats considered ties or not.
Strange, I am a Kentucky resident and received the secondary a few days after I was verified. Maybe email them and ask for an update?