2021-2022 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello fellow GAP classmate! From what I understand, the curriculum is the same for the bridge and GAP programs. The differences seem to be the MCAT score required before starting first year of med school (492 for bridge and 498 for GAP), and how you qualify for acceptance. I tried to go through some old threads on here to see if there was any insight, but didn't find anything.
Oh hey fellow GAP classmate... Have y'all applied and gotten any word about the status of the Graduate Cert Application? I'm excited to start classes with y'all this summer and learn from each other

Members don't see this ad.

Oh hey fellow GAP classmate... Have y'all applied and gotten any word about the status of the Graduate Cert Application? I'm excited to start classes with y'all this summer and learn from each other
I got an email from the director for the program because I had missing documents. (Just the little questionnaire)
His email said the admissions committee would meet this week, then in April, and in May. Since our applications are more of a formality, hopefully they get reviewed and accepted this week! So excited for June, ready to get started on this next step!

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email from the director for the program because I had missing documents. (Just the little questionnaire)
His email said the admissions committee would meet this week, then in April, and in May. Since our applications are more of a formality, hopefully they get reviewed and accepted this week! So excited for June, ready to get started on this next step!
It’s crazy cause that questionnaire was never there when I filled out the form last year. He sent the same Email to me. But I think we should be good now cause when I checked the application portal I saw that I have a student ID and an admissions counselor. I figured we really don’t need to worry then

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a GroupMe or Facebook group? Accepted to Tahlequah.

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations! Did they call you yesterday? If so, did you get accepted from the waitlist?
No, I’ve had my acceptance for a while. I was not on the waitlist. Just wanting to connect.

I’ve created a GroupMe since there isn’t a ton of chat on the Slack yet:

You're invited to my new group 'OSU-COM Admitted Students' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist?

I sent an email yesterday asking for an update but haven't heard anything yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent an email yesterday asking for an update but haven't heard anything yet.
I sent an update letter about a month ago now and never heard anything back either

Really figure some on the WL will hear something this week. According to last year, the first round of WL movement occurred on 03/22. Sending prayers and good vibes to everyone waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
I’m guessing all the bridge seats have been filled by now?

At this point I'm assuming the ones coming off the waitlist right now aren't on SDN. Crazy to not at least hear about any movement by now.

At this point I'm assuming the ones coming off the waitlist right now aren't on SDN. Crazy to not at least hear about any movement by now.
I was thinking the same thing

Bruh it’s not April yet. Just hold on tight. I pray the good news comes in the coming days/weeks.

I sent Ms. Yoder an update a few days ago and this was included in the response I received: "It comes at a good time because the committee is preparing final decisions and will work towards filling all of our programs in the coming weeks". So, there definitely is still hope!

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my A from here earlier this week. Hopefully it goes to one of you all!

Hey everyone! Has anyone heard back regarding scholarship or tuition assistance of any kind from OkState?

Interviewed 11/4, WL 11/30, just got the call for admission this morning! I was offered either campus.

Reactions: 7 users
Are there any numbers out there to suggest the odds of getting off the waitlist?
I'm trying not to drop more money on deposits than I already have if I have a good chance at OSU.

Accepted! Interviewed 1/20, waitlisted 1/25. Was told I could pick either campus.

Reactions: 6 users
Are there any numbers out there to suggest the odds of getting off the waitlist?
I'm trying not to drop more money on deposits than I already have if I have a good chance at OSU.
Nothing‘s for sure until you get that a. If it were me I’d make sure and at least have a deposit at my second choice if I had a’s elsewhere. Even a 2k deposit is cheaper than another cycle.

Accepted! Interviewed 1/20, waitlisted 1/25. Was told I could pick either campus.
Congrats! The wait was worth it. Someday You’ll look back and be thankful that you persevered and never gave up.

I’ve created a GroupMe since there isn’t a ton of chat on the Slack yet:

You're invited to my new group 'OSU-COM Admitted Students' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
Additionally, campus specific GroupMe’s have been created!

You're invited to my new group 'OSU-COM Class of 2026 - Tulsa' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

You're invited to my new group 'OSU-COM Class of 2026 - Tahlequah' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Just got an Acceptance call! Took me by surprise since it's a Saturday. Interviewed on 4/7.

Reactions: 7 users
Is this school still interviewing at all? I never got a decisions :(

• Care
Does anyone happen to know the dates for when the bridge program officially starts? Lindsey said June, but maybe someone may know exact dates.

For anyone wondering, the GAP/Bridge programs are expected to be filled this week & next!

Reactions: 5 users