2021-2022 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

just posted
Very impressive!!! Thanks for posting!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A via email just now, late February interview!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats. When were you complete?
Like mid-July I think? At least that's when I got the secondary from them. I was verified w/ MCAT pretty much the first day possible but sent my primary to UR a bit later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they WL everyone who doesn't get accepted?! Or do they reject as well

In the applicant portal, selecting "Yes" to the offer of admission is just to hold your spot right? It's my understanding that only the AMCAS CYMS tool is the official way to commit, but the verbiage in the Rochester portal sounds like a commitment to enroll :oops:

In the applicant portal, selecting "Yes" to the offer of admission is just to hold your spot right? It's my understanding that only the AMCAS CYMS tool is the official way to commit, but the verbiage in the Rochester portal sounds like a commitment to enroll :oops:
It states: "I am aware that it is contrary to American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) guidelines to hold more than one acceptance beyond May 2, 2022. I will abide by that regulation and make every effort to notify Rochester earlier of any decision to withdraw so that another applicant may be given the opportunity to attend" as a stipulation below that so I interpreted accepting the spot to be to hold a place in the class and assume that if I choose to withdraw I would do so by emailing them. If anyone has a more definitive answer direct from the office of admissions please correct me, this is just my understanding!

Do they WL everyone who doesn't get accepted?! Or do they reject as well
I've seen some rejections in the previous pages - but I it does seem like most here get the WL.

It looks like they’re just WLing everybody at this point who doesn’t get in

Reactions: 1 user
Is their WL ranked? Historically, how is Rochester’s WL movement?

Is their WL ranked? Historically, how is Rochester’s WL movement?
I'm not sure about ranking, but on MSAR it says there are 350 waitlist spots, and from that about 30 offers of admission are made. So a bit under 10%.

It seems to me like they waitlisted a lot of Feb/March interviewees compared to earlier interviewees? I could easily be wrong/there is reporting bias though.

I got my FA award today but withdrew my A earlier today. Good luck to everyone

Just got FA package: all loans. Wasn't expecting a big scholarship but given that Rochester states scholarship aid is based on financial strength I was hoping for a small one to bring costs closer to my IS school. My federal EFC is $0 and my parents are pushing 70 with few assets.

Just got FA package: all loans. Wasn't expecting a big scholarship but given that Rochester states scholarship aid is based on financial strength I was hoping for a small one to bring costs closer to my IS school. My federal EFC is $0 and my parents are pushing 70 with few assets.
Did they give any need based scholarship or all federal loans?

Did they give any need based scholarship or all federal loans?
All federal loans. No scholarship (either merit or need-based). I love Rochester but it's difficult to justify what will probably be a $220k COA difference over my state school. I wonder if it's worth reaching out about this, but I know generally the response is "have fun at your state school" lol

All federal loans. No scholarship (either merit or need-based). I love Rochester but it's difficult to justify what will probably be a $220k COA difference over my state school. I wonder if it's worth reaching out about this, but I know generally the response is "have fun at your state school" lol
I reached out to financial aid and they said based on my need, other students need, and the school's budget, they unfortunately couldn't offer anything else. I did receive some need-based scholarship but am a FAP recipient/low income background. They did say they have a very small number of merit scholarships still to go out

Last edited:
I reached out to financial aid and they said based on my need, other students need, and the school's budget, they unfortunately couldn't offer anything else. I did receive some need-based scholarship but am a FAP recipient/low income background. They did say they have a very small number of merit scholarships still to go out
I'm FAP too :( So merit aid doesn't necessarily go out at the same time as the initial aid package? Or does that mean there are merit scholarships left, but not for those whose packages have been sent already?

I'm FAP too :( So merit aid doesn't necessarily go out at the same time as the initial aid package? Or does that mean there are merit scholarships left, but not for those whose packages have been sent already?
Aw sorry :( It couldn't hurt to reach out to financial aid. It sounded like merit aid has not gone out yet for anyone and is distributed separately from financial aid/need-based aid

received need-based aid earlier this week, merit scholarship today. Looks like they get send them separately!

received need-based aid earlier this week, merit scholarship today. Looks like they get send them separately!
Congrats! In case anyone was wondering, I reached out to finaid to get some clarification on the merit aid situation and was told they believe merit aid is done for the year and is also very limited (~5 offers), but it also seemed like merit aid is handled by admissions and therefore the finaid department might not be privy to all of the details.

Congrats!!

Does anyone know if there's a chance more need or merit money might be redistributed after May 2nd if some recipients decide to enroll elsewhere?

Can anyone confirm what their lecture attendance policy (recorded?) is for next year?

Can anyone confirm what their lecture attendance policy (recorded?) is for next year?
Students at second look said lectures will be recorded next year and now with recorded lectures attendance varies maybe 50-90% depending on class. There are still required activities like PBL or clinical skills lectures most days