2021-2022 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What is the waitlist movement like at this school?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody have the match list for Rochester's 2021? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Even the video link of the match day would be great. Thanks!

Does anybody have the match list for Rochester's 2021? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Even the video link of the match day would be great. Thanks!
Best I've been able to find is if you go to this website, there's URMC match statistics toward the bottom of page. You can filter by match year to focus on 2021. Hope this helps!

I saw that on Rochester's website there's the
  • May 4, 2022: Lottery for on-campus housing
does anybody know what this is for or how to sign up?

I saw that on Rochester's website there's the
  • May 4, 2022: Lottery for on-campus housing
does anybody know what this is for or how to sign up?
I don't know how to sign up but I think the info is in the housing section of the portal? But there is a limited selection of university owned housing (most 1/2 bd apartments and a few townhomes) available for students. Your eligibility is based on family/rooming status (eg anyone can get a 1bd but the 3bd townhomes are for families with kids). The housing is relatively cheap and close to campus so it's a good option if you can get it

Does Rochester have AOA? How is it determined without any formal ranking system?
Yes they do. They’re currently reworking their nomination criteria in an attempt to increase diversity in AOA, but my understanding is it’s based off of clinical grades, research, and community service activity.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called admissions. They can’t say how many seats are filled, but they said “numbers are high” in this class and that there’s very little movement

Reactions: 4 users
I also happened to call admissions, they seemed hesitant when I asked if they thought they’d go to the waitlist this year :(

But, it’s not over till it’s over, so don’t give up!!

I just withdrew my acceptance, so here’s to hoping it goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I also happened to call admissions, they seemed hesitant when I asked if they thought they’d go to the waitlist this year :(

But, it’s not over till it’s over, so don’t give up!!
Also called admissions and the person I spoke to said they’ve had an unusually small amount of movement and their class is currently “oversubscribed.” Seems like it’ll be a nail biter this year 🫠

Has anyone reached out to admissions this week or heard of any WL movement ..?

Just received rejection email from waitlist, after sending strong LOI in early April.

On the WL, haven’t sent an LOI, and no rejection (yet). I wonder if their WL is ranked?

Just withdrew my WL spot, hope it goes to someone who’s still waiting on an A 🙏🏻

Very quiet for this alternate list. I wonder if it’s over

• Care
Does Rochester provide free UWorld to its students?

Anyone know if there is any movement? Got in somewhere else but would love to go to Rochester

They emailed accepted students today stating they are overenrolled and asking us to apply to defer if we are interested. They were clear they can accommodate those they have accepted, but I don't know that this leaves much room for hope for waitlisted students unless many of us do defer. Sorry that I don't have better news, I know how it feels to be waitlisted. Good luck to all.

Have any accepted students figured out how to get into their email yet? If so pls dm me.

They emailed accepted students today stating they are overenrolled and asking us to apply to defer if we are interested. They were clear they can accommodate those they have accepted, but I don't know that this leaves much room for hope for waitlisted students unless many of us do defer. Sorry that I don't have better news, I know how it feels to be waitlisted. Good luck to all.
That’s weird, I didn’t get that email lol