-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Rochester
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
since the deadline for schools to have sent out an acceptance for the number of seats they have in their class is March 15, does that mean if we do not hear by then we can assume we are waitlisted?
since the deadline for schools to have sent out an acceptance for the number of seats they have in their class is March 15, does that mean if we do not hear by then we can assume we are waitlisted?
I don't think so. My understanding is if they have N spots, they need to have sent out N acceptances. It does not mean they need to have sent all initial As/WLs/Rs. I imagine they hit N acceptance offers a bit back, but still have a number of As to send out since all schools send more acceptances than they have seats (except you, CCLCM).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!!I don't think so. My understanding is if they have N spots, they need to have sent out N acceptances. It does not mean they need to have sent all initial As/WLs/Rs. I imagine they hit N acceptance offers a bit back, but still have a number of As to send out since all schools send more acceptances than they have seats (except you, CCLCM).
someone in another thread found what i was looking for, for those who were also interested:hey everyone, not sure where i saw this previously but there was an excel sheet going around with 2020-2021 WL movement, can someone share the link if they have it?
https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7056/download
(mistakenly thought it was an excel but this was it)
D
deleted1115486
Does everyone get a thank you for interviewing packet and a “gift” from Rochester? Lol this was rlly unexpected
Yeah I got one too but haven’t heard anything yet!Does everyone get a thank you for interviewing packet and a “gift” from Rochester? Lol this was rlly unexpected
I got one a while back after interviewing but then got rejected hahaDoes everyone get a thank you for interviewing packet and a “gift” from Rochester? Lol this was rlly unexpected
MotorLover
Full Member
Got this too. Well actually I never got to see it, since it went to my parents' house. But yeahDoes everyone get a thank you for interviewing packet and a “gift” from Rochester? Lol this was rlly unexpected
I got waitlisted afterward
What day / time of month do waitlists typically start to move?
Rochester does not offer merit aid, only need-based aid.Does anyone know how common it is to receive merit aid and when accepted applicants will be notified if they've received it?
D
deleted1115486
Is it advisable to send an LOI post-II for this school? Or is it good to wait until you get an admissions decision?
It says they offer merit aid on their financial aid website thoughRochester does not offer merit aid, only need-based aid.
According to the financial aid website, it says merit-aid goes out at the time of admission, so one would get it when they get their acceptance email I'm guessing.It says they offer merit aid on their financial aid website though
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone who interviewed in early Feb (specifically around 2/2) hear anything yet?
medicine-and-music
New Member
I interviewed the first week of January and still have not heard back yet, so it may be a while if they are going in order before they get to February.anyone who interviewed in early Feb (specifically around 2/2) hear anything yet?
Thank you! I hope it works out for youI interviewed the first week of January and still have not heard back yet, so it may be a while if they are going in order before they get to February.
I sent one and it seemed to have worked out for me, though of course YMMV. The thing about sending it post-decision is if that decision turns out to be an R, an LOI would do you no good at that point.Is it advisable to send an LOI post-II for this school? Or is it good to wait until you get an admissions decision?
My one piece of advice would be to wait a few weeks before sending an LOI (if you mean a letter of intent), so it looks like you've given your decision some thought post-interview.
scerevisiae
Full Member
Just got waitlisted. Interviewed 2/1
Waitlisted, interviewed early Feb
Big same. +1 on the WLJust got waitlisted. Interviewed 2/1
Do they email or call?Accepted just now! Interviewed late January
Accepted, interviewed early Feb
Email
Do they email or call?
When does Rochester send out financial aid info?
perusingdoc
Full Member
Yes, and with every invite my heart rate skyrockets because I think it’s my decision lolDo y'all still get invited to pop up cafes?
Does anyone know where to find Rochesters match list for 2021?
alpacapaca20
New Member
Has anyone heard anything today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medicine-and-music
New Member
Hi friends, I'm seeing people who interviewed after me hearing back, but I still haven't heard anything. Do you think they are not going in chronological order of interview? Hoping to hear back soon!
I don’t think so. I interviewed early Feb and got the A on Tuesday!
Justtryintomedschool
Full Member
Interviewed 2/16--> just got the A!!Has anyone heard anything today?
edit: interview date + I am over the moon and way more thrilled than my message comes across. GL to everyone still waiting to hear back!!!
Last edited:
Interview mid-feb -> WL
I didSo confused on their order of decisions. For 2/2 interviewees, did y’all get a decision yet or still waiting? Looks like they moved past that date for now
alpacapaca20
New Member
I interviewed 1/20 and still haven’t heard back…So confused on their order of decisions. For 2/2 interviewees, did y’all get a decision yet or still waiting? Looks like they moved past that date for now
I haven't heard back yet - 2/2 interview.So confused on their order of decisions. For 2/2 interviewees, did y’all get a decision yet or still waiting? Looks like they moved past that date for now
slimjimjams
New Member
Any 2/16 interviewees hear back by any chance?
medshark123
Full Member
I interviewed here on 3/2, and didn't realize they had a March 1st deadline for financial aid applications. Does anyone know if the fact that I didn't submit by the 1st disqualifies me from getting aid or would it just be delayed? I haven't received a decision yet obvi so not sure about the procedure.
I believe in the waitlist email they say you have 24hours to respond once you get the decision email. I assume it is going to be similar to if you got an A from them. IT wouldnt make sense for you to apply for FA when you havent even gotten a decision.I interviewed here on 3/2, and didn't realize they had a March 1st deadline for financial aid applications. Does anyone know if the fact that I didn't submit by the 1st disqualifies me from getting aid or would it just be delayed? I haven't received a decision yet obvi so not sure about the procedure.
delicious_guineapig
Full Member
Withdrew my A. I hope it goes to one of you!!
D
deleted1074206
same!!Withdrew my A. I hope it goes to one of you!!
medshark123
Full Member
Got the A today! Interviewed 3/2!
They're getting speedy now 😳Got the A today! Interviewed 3/2!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LookingForHokageMD
Full Member
It seems like they are not going exactly in order. Any late Feb interviewees hear back yet?
D
deleted1115486
Congrats!! Interviewed the same day but haven’t heard anything hahaGot the A today! Interviewed 3/2!
Does anyone know where we can find this year's match list for Rochester?
OFFICIAL - 2022 Match Lists
It’s not just the medical school. It has taken over so many buildings in the villages and made the whole area its campus. Kind of ridiculous from the local point of view. The whole school is run like a land-grabbing mafia. It has a lot of wonderful programs, its art, law, and performance...
just posted
Similar threads
- Replies
- 756
- Views
- 227K