2021-2022 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey everyone, not sure where i saw this previously but there was an excel sheet going around with 2020-2021 WL movement, can someone share the link if they have it?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
since the deadline for schools to have sent out an acceptance for the number of seats they have in their class is March 15, does that mean if we do not hear by then we can assume we are waitlisted?

since the deadline for schools to have sent out an acceptance for the number of seats they have in their class is March 15, does that mean if we do not hear by then we can assume we are waitlisted?

I don't think so. My understanding is if they have N spots, they need to have sent out N acceptances. It does not mean they need to have sent all initial As/WLs/Rs. I imagine they hit N acceptance offers a bit back, but still have a number of As to send out since all schools send more acceptances than they have seats (except you, CCLCM).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think so. My understanding is if they have N spots, they need to have sent out N acceptances. It does not mean they need to have sent all initial As/WLs/Rs. I imagine they hit N acceptance offers a bit back, but still have a number of As to send out since all schools send more acceptances than they have seats (except you, CCLCM).
Thank you!!

Does everyone get a thank you for interviewing packet and a “gift” from Rochester? Lol this was rlly unexpected

Does everyone get a thank you for interviewing packet and a “gift” from Rochester? Lol this was rlly unexpected
Yeah I got one too but haven’t heard anything yet!

• Love
I got one a while back after interviewing but then got rejected haha

• Care
Got this too. Well actually I never got to see it, since it went to my parents' house. But yeah

I got waitlisted afterward

What day / time of month do waitlists typically start to move?

Does anyone know how common it is to receive merit aid and when accepted applicants will be notified if they've received it?

Does anyone know how common it is to receive merit aid and when accepted applicants will be notified if they've received it?
Rochester does not offer merit aid, only need-based aid.

Is it advisable to send an LOI post-II for this school? Or is it good to wait until you get an admissions decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
It says they offer merit aid on their financial aid website though
According to the financial aid website, it says merit-aid goes out at the time of admission, so one would get it when they get their acceptance email I'm guessing.

anyone who interviewed in early Feb (specifically around 2/2) hear anything yet?

anyone who interviewed in early Feb (specifically around 2/2) hear anything yet?
I interviewed the first week of January and still have not heard back yet, so it may be a while if they are going in order before they get to February.

Is it advisable to send an LOI post-II for this school? Or is it good to wait until you get an admissions decision?
I sent one and it seemed to have worked out for me, though of course YMMV. The thing about sending it post-decision is if that decision turns out to be an R, an LOI would do you no good at that point.

My one piece of advice would be to wait a few weeks before sending an LOI (if you mean a letter of intent), so it looks like you've given your decision some thought post-interview.

Hi friends, I'm seeing people who interviewed after me hearing back, but I still haven't heard anything. Do you think they are not going in chronological order of interview? Hoping to hear back soon!

So confused on their order of decisions. For 2/2 interviewees, did y’all get a decision yet or still waiting? Looks like they moved past that date for now

So confused on their order of decisions. For 2/2 interviewees, did y’all get a decision yet or still waiting? Looks like they moved past that date for now
I interviewed 1/20 and still haven’t heard back…

I haven't heard back yet - 2/2 interview.

I interviewed here on 3/2, and didn't realize they had a March 1st deadline for financial aid applications. Does anyone know if the fact that I didn't submit by the 1st disqualifies me from getting aid or would it just be delayed? I haven't received a decision yet obvi so not sure about the procedure.

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed here on 3/2, and didn't realize they had a March 1st deadline for financial aid applications. Does anyone know if the fact that I didn't submit by the 1st disqualifies me from getting aid or would it just be delayed? I haven't received a decision yet obvi so not sure about the procedure.
I believe in the waitlist email they say you have 24hours to respond once you get the decision email. I assume it is going to be similar to if you got an A from them. IT wouldnt make sense for you to apply for FA when you havent even gotten a decision.

It seems like they are not going exactly in order. Any late Feb interviewees hear back yet?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know where we can find this year's match list for Rochester?

Does anyone know where we can find this year's match list for Rochester?

just posted

Reactions: 1 users
Rochester sends so many pop up cafe emails that I am now desensitized and no longer panic thinking it might be a decision. I guess in a way that's a good thing

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users