2022-2023 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On Labor Day wow

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't make my mistake of signing up for the first interview date available without knowing that you have to provide 4-5 short essays > 5 business days before the interview! I'll be alright but the next couple days are gonna be more stressful than I had planned lol

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Don't make my mistake of signing up for the first interview date available without knowing that you have to provide 4-5 short essays > 5 business days before the interview! I'll be alright but the next couple days are gonna be more stressful than I had planned lol
it's not that bad! The first 2 are max 100 words, and the other 2 are just 200 max.

Reactions: 2 users
should we expect first wave of phone calls tmmrw?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Me to Rochester today:
Eric Andre GIF

Reactions: 3 users
Last year, it seems that the first round of A emails were sent via email at ~8:45am CT on Friday
i think the first round only included interviewers from 9/3? Didn’t see any decisions for mid of month but maybe just a small sample size.

Last edited:
i think the first round only included interviewers from 9/3? Didn’t see any decisions for 9/15 but maybe just a small sample size.
It looks like interview dates up until 9/8 last year were included in the first A wave, but the first WL wave a few days later included a few 9/15 interviewees. The 9/15 and following people were accepted a little later on Nov 2

It looks like interview dates up until 9/8 last year were included in the first A wave, but the first WL wave a few days later included a few 9/15 interviewees. The 9/15 and following people were accepted a little later on Nov 2
Hmm, seems strange to me that they'd do WL first days before sending As...

Last edited:
Hmm, seems strange to me that they'd do WL first days before sending As for 9/15, could be that not all 9/15 were covered before the first A wave (I'm just coping at this point if I don't hear anything tomorrow).
I’m only refreshing my email every 30 seconds or so, trying to take it easy you know

Reactions: 2 users
I’m pretty sure they are closed right now. My neurotic ass went back to all the emails they’ve ever sent to see if there was a chance of receiving an email after 4pm 🥲

• Haha
Dang, what happened? it seems like in the past two years, they've released decisions on either the thursday or friday of this week of October. So now I guess we'll just be at the edge of our seats with no idea when decisions might come...

• Hmm
They said 6-8 weeks. It's only been like 4ish weeks for their earlier interview dates.

They said 6-8 weeks. It's only been like 4ish weeks for their earlier interview dates.

Actually 8.5 weeks for people who interviewed late Aug, so hopefully we hear back this week!

I have a quick question about the MSTP secondary interview essays. For the "non-academic experiences" does research count as one? It is a huge part of my application and it feel like I should talk about it if my interviewer doesn't have access to the rest of my application.

I have a quick question about the MSTP secondary interview essays. For the "non-academic experiences" does research count as one? It is a huge part of my application and it feel like I should talk about it if my interviewer doesn't have access to the rest of my application.
I would strongly recommend listing something not about research or school-- they're trying to get to know you as a person! Congratulations on the interview. My interviewers for PhD all had access to my full file, so no worries there. I think MD did as well, though they may have been blinded.

Hey guys, called admissions and they are having issues with their system/portal, but we should be hearing back later this week or next week

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an email with the A! Interviewed mid-Sep. Best of luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got the call with the A for MD/Phd!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
damn... not looking good as a mid-September interviewee