-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Rochester
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
212kindofgal
Full Member
congrats, when were you complete?II just now LM 74
medshark123
Full Member
7/12congrats, when were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's your MCAT?II just now LM 74
medshark123
Full Member
52xWhat's your MCAT?
Hoping for some under 513 II to ORM. So far none
MotorLover
Full Member
Rochester MCAT runs pretty high for ORMHoping for some under 513 II to ORM. So far none
1959LesPaul
Full Member
Pre-II R just now complete mid-August.
premedhopeful1013
Full Member
Pre-II R just now as well 🙁
e.f.MD2026
Full Member
Pre- II R just now 🤷🏻♀️
pre-II R 🙁
Pre-II R.
Not like I was expecting to get in here, but it is what it is.
Not like I was expecting to get in here, but it is what it is.
siloaddict
Full Member
R GANG!! no one wants to go to cold Rochester anyway (jk accept me for residency pls)
good luck yall ;D
good luck yall ;D
About 20 minutes later than others or no? Wonder if one mass email one time today or throughout dayPre- II R just now 🤷🏻♀️
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Under or over 516 MCAT?Pre-II R.
Not like I was expecting to get in here, but it is what it is.
Under. To be honest, I'm honored that I was even put on the waitlist because of how low my MCAT was. Due to timing shenanigans, I submitted my list BEFORE I got my score back. If I'd known what my score was before submitting my list, I definitely wouldn't have applied lmao.Under or over 516 MCAT?
You mean formally placed on an interview hold? That's pretty good tbh since most don't even get a hold.Under. To be honest, I'm honored that I was even put on the waitlist because of how low my MCAT was. Due to timing shenanigans, I submitted my list BEFORE I got my score back. If I'd known what my score was before submitting my list, I definitely wouldn't have applied lmao.
Correct, "hold." And it was definitely the most unexpected part of my cycle, but it seems it's all come full circle.You mean formally placed on an interview hold? That's pretty good tbh since most don't even get a hold.
All that's left is to see how the rest of the cycle turns out, then try again in the future. Good luck humans.
D
deleted1106933
Interview invite received today! Complete mid-August. OOS, ORM.
Current medical student at Rochester here! I understand the lack of transparency with medical school admissions can be frustrating. At the end of the day, every school wants to present their best to applicants. Feel free to send any questions my way, and I’ll answer them as honestly as possible! Best of luck, everyone!
Just got the pre-II R, complete early July. Not surprised but disappointed. See yall for residency apps!
Do you mean the "Application Under Review" email? I don't think any of us received an official interview hold email, but their "We have not forgotten you" email seemed to be equivalent to an hold in the past...Correct, "hold." And it was definitely the most unexpected part of my cycle, but it seems it's all come full circle.
All that's left is to see how the rest of the cycle turns out, then try again in the future. Good luck humans.
ps: Does anyone know if they save their own undergraduate's application until late in the cycle? I suspected that's why I still haven't received a rejection from my alma mater, but can anyone confirm?
I was complete early Aug and did not attend Rochester for undergrad and haven't received a R or II yet but received the "we have not forgotten you" email back in November. I suspect it might just be that they haven't decided on how to proceed with our apps yet since we've survived multiple R waves thus far, but who knows for sureDo you mean the "Application Under Review" email? I don't think any of us received an official interview hold email, but their "We have not forgotten you" email seemed to be equivalent to an hold in the past...
ps: Does anyone know if they save their own undergraduate's application until late in the cycle? I suspected that's why I still haven't received a rejection from my alma mater, but can anyone confirm?
HatefulGrape
Full Member
Does anyone who interviewed late November/early December know when we might hear back?
I'm on the exact same boat as you! complete early Aug, didn't attend Rochester, no R or II but received that email and submitted an update... I'm thinking of submitting another (significant in my eyes haha) update in a few weeks, and maybe that'll help them with making a decision on how to proceed w our appsI was complete early Aug and did not attend Rochester for undergrad and haven't received a R or II yet but received the "we have not forgotten you" email back in November. I suspect it might just be that they haven't decided on how to proceed with our apps yet since we've survived multiple R waves thus far, but who knows for sure
Justtryintomedschool
Full Member
complete late August, never received a "we have not forgotten you" email so I was shocked to receive an II in January. It might be equivalent to hold... but who knows!I was complete early Aug and did not attend Rochester for undergrad and haven't received a R or II yet but received the "we have not forgotten you" email back in November. I suspect it might just be that they haven't decided on how to proceed with our apps yet since we've survived multiple R waves thus far, but who knows for sure
+1 Also waitingDoes anyone who interviewed late November/early December know when we might hear back?also
I got an II this week and there were several dates open
Do people think there is still a chance to get an interview here. I am an alum and work at the hospital, with a decent MCAT and good grades
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Based off of the past 3 years, decisions resumed coming out on the Tuesday at the end of Jan/early Feb, so this coming Tuesday seems to be the most likely time for us to start hearing back againDoes anyone who interviewed late November/early December know when we might hear back?
hopefullyafutureMD
New Member
Just got an A via email!!!! Interviewed 12/1. Incredibly grateful that they gave me a chance lol, hope this means more of y'all will be hearing soon 🙂
adventureawaits
New Member
+1!! Got the A about an hour ago, interviewed mid-November. So excited!!Just got an A via email!!!! Interviewed 12/1. Incredibly grateful that they gave me a chance lol, hope this means more of y'all will be hearing soon 🙂
Looks like another post ii R
Congrats to the two above
Congrats to the two above
Post-II WL. Congrats to all with As and condolences to those who didn't get the answer they were hoping for.
Seems like they usually do As/WLs on same day and hold rejections for a week or two later. Nobody can convince me that there is anything worse than being rejected AFTER an interview. Gut wrenching and wouldn’t wish it upon my worse enemies.
adventureawaits
New Member
Is there a Facebook group and/or GroupMe for accepted students?
Never got a “we have not forgotten you” email. Radio silent, hoping for an II though…complete late August, never received a "we have not forgotten you" email so I was shocked to receive an II in January. It might be equivalent to hold... but who knows!
D
deleted1126906
WL yesterday, interviewed 11/23. Rochester is very much my top choice so I’m hoping I still have a chance
Can anybody shed some light onto what it means to be a liberal arts medical school? I’ve been going through the website and taking a look at the info on there but I can’t really find much about how Rochester embodies a liberal arts approach. Any insight would be much appreciated!
bernedoodle
Full Member
Is there a place on the portal to Withdraw or do I need to email the admissions office?
Question for people who have been WL/R post interview. Do you still get invitations for pop up cafe?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I get way too many tbh. WL in late OctoberQuestion for people who have been WL/R post interview. Do you still get invitations for pop up cafe?
Thank you. And Same lol.I was thinking that getting a cafe invite today maybe meant they just haven’t reviewed me yet instead of R but I guess it doesn’t correlateI get way too many tbh. WL in late October
Nevermind it seems like the second look is going to be virtual this year againDoes anyone know if accepted applicants attend all days of the second look? Or can you just show up for one day?
Pretty sure that means all their IIs will be sent by March 1st, not that all admissions decisions will be sent out by March 1stOn the website, it says that all interview decisions will be communicated by March 1? Do any recent interviewees know if thats a mistake, or those interviewing in Feb should also expect to hear back by then?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 756
- Views
- 227K