2021-2022 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it unrealistic to think that there’s still a possibility to get an II?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Is it unrealistic to think that there’s still a possibility to get an II?

Looking through last years thread they were sending out interview invites throughout February! They also sent out rejections on 1/28 of last year, so I would expect we would hear something within the next week regardless.

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Looking through last years thread they were sending out interview invites throughout February! They also sent out rejections on 1/28 of last year, so I would expect we would hear something within the next week regardless.
Oh boy, I’m ready and I’m hoping it’s an II! I felt my update letter was pretty good. But you never know. Fingers crossed…

Oh boy, I’m ready and I’m hoping it’s an II! I felt my update letter was pretty good. But you never know. Fingers crossed…
I sent in an update last night, would LOVE an II too! Prayers for all of us!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
If you got on the priority waitlist you will prob get in. The normal waitlist was not used last year or the year before even though they said it would. They overaccepted the last 2 years. It could be different this year since prior to COVID they routinely used their waitlist, but just send letters of intent saying that if they accept you you will come.
I was on the priority waitlist last year and did not get accepted off it. Now I am on the priority waitlist again this year lol rip

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
II today! Super excited. This caught me totally off guard. Complete late July

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got an II this evening! Only 2 days left of interviews for this cycle (according to their invitation): february 9th and February 16th.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Just got an II this evening! Only 2 days left of interviews for this cycle (according to their invitation): february 9th and February 16th.
Congrats!!!! Just to clarify, did they explicitly say they only have two dates left or did they only offer you those two dates? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning! What is the interview style here? I saw online that it’s a one
Can anyone give a run down of what to expect on interview day?
Same please! Received a II this morning. I heard there’s a one on one and a situational interview..

• Love
II this morning! What is the interview style here? I saw online that it’s a one

Same please! Received a II this morning. I heard there’s a one on one and a situational interview..
Congrats!!! So situational, as in they just ask about different scenarios and how you would handle them? are both just 30 minutes?

Congrats!!! So situational, as in they just ask about different scenarios and how you would handle them? are both just 30 minutes?
Some time ago someone posted: It was very low-stress and conversational : the questions were more guided to see how you would handle hypothetical situations, not an MMI at all
As for your other question I am unsure, I hope someone who has interviewed here before could answer our questions?
Btw I suck at using SDN lol

ahhh there goes my hope for an II to my dream school...congrats to those who got an interview though :)

They had interviews through the first week of March last cycle. The situational interview is based on ethical scenarios and tough professional situations that you may or may not have had in your life. The open-file interview is more of a general conversation just to gear your interest in healthcare, Rush, and your potential fit for the school. Both interviews are about 30 minutes long each.

Reactions: 3 users
GokuSpirit.gif

Everyone, give me your energy, I need a II from Rush

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
I interviewed this past Wednesday and thought the faculty were really sweet. Does anyone know if Rush accepts a % of each batch of interviews? Or are all the Feb interviews simply for a waitlist?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!!!! Just to clarify, did they explicitly say they only have two dates left or did they only offer you those two dates? Thanks!!
This was the exact wording, copy pasta'ing from invite: "Please be aware we have a small number of interview slots available for our final interview dates on Wednesday, February 9 and Wednesday, February 16. We encourage you to schedule your interview as soon as possible."

• Sad
  • Wow
They had interviews through the first week of March last cycle. The situational interview is based on ethical scenarios and tough professional situations that you may or may not have had in your life. The open-file interview is more of a general conversation just to gear your interest in healthcare, Rush, and your potential fit for the school. Both interviews are about 30 minutes long each.
Any Role Play scenarios or just genuine convo about hypotheticals? HATE THOSE

This was the exact wording, copy pasta'ing from invite: "Please be aware we have a small number of interview slots available for our final interview dates on Wednesday, February 9 and Wednesday, February 16. We encourage you to schedule your interview as soon as possible."
It looks like I’ll be getting a R from the school ;(

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Did it say if the interview slots on those dates were fewer in number than the other dates?

Last edited:
Didn't they interview into March last year? Welp I wish they would send me an official R so I can move on :(

Didn't they interview into March last year? Welp I wish they would send me an official R so I can move on :(
On my interview day, the infographic that they showed stated there were no march interview dates this year.

• Sad
On my interview day, the infographic that they showed stated there were no march interview dates this year.
Do you recall if it listed 2/23 as a potential interview date? I know they typically interview on Wednesdays, but I haven't seen anyone on here that received an II be offered that as an option which seems odd to me. Thanks!

They stated in the email the last interview dates are February 9, and 16, but there is a pre-interview social for the week of February 23. Probably around 20 II invitations left. All speculation. Good luck everyone, especially those interviewing with me the next couple of weeks!

Finally got the Pre-II R!!!! Second one of the afternoon too lmao good luck yall

Reactions: 1 user
They stated in the email the last interview dates are February 9, and 16, but there is a pre-interview social for the week of February 23. Probably around 20 II invitations left. All speculation. Good luck everyone, especially those interviewing with me the next couple of weeks!
how is there a pre-interview social on the 23rd if the last day of interviews is the 16th??

Anyone else have no rejection, no interview? Got two update emails and have heard zilch since

Reactions: 13 users
Anyone else have no rejection, no interview? Got two update emails and have heard zilch since
im guessing we'll be getting Rs soon unfortunately given their last interview day is coming up. The application status updates from here have typically been staggered, so the Rs probably will be too

how is there a pre-interview social on the 23rd if the last day of interviews is the 16th??
I don’t know, I’m just reporting what I see on my end. There might or might not be another interview week based on this info. Like I said all we can do is speculate.

also joining the pre-ii R bloodbath, received just now

GokuBye.gif

Thanks to all of y'all that gave your spirit energy. Pre-II R just now, always dreamed of this school but looks like it wasn't in the cards. Good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Waiting for mine atp 😅

Has anybody sent RMC a letter of intent/update letter post interview? does it play any part in their decision process? I heard that they don't take people off a waitlist so sending it after a waitlist probably doesn't make much sense does it?