You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Rutgers, RWJ
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No problem bro, congratulations!!! I’m just a bit worried cause I submitted on 6/30 and was verified as complete on 7/8 and have not heard back yet. 😭Hey, sorry about that! I didn't realize that RJWMS had ED and only thought NJMS did. Anyway, I was an RD applicant. Received secondary on 06/28 and submitted on 07/07.
Gotcha I’m RD hope you get a II soon too! Rooting for everyone this cycle (lord knows we all could use some support especially during these crazy times…)Just as a kind request: when you state that you got an II, could you let us know if you were RD or ED? It really helps for applicants who are stressed and are constantly comparing themselves to the rest of the pool.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks a lot! By the way RWJMS is super early in their II’s rn based on the previous cycle threads, the interview tracker, and this thread. There’s no specific order in which they review, so don’t stress!No problem bro, congratulations!!! I’m just a bit worried cause I submitted on 6/30 and was verified as complete on 7/8 and have not heard back yet. 😭
no worries, they just emailed saying they waived it for some people (ie some residents, people who got Pell grants). I'm not sure of the details but I was assured I was finenope!
Thanks! Is there any indication as to what the waiving means? Does it mean we’re being more seriously considered or anything like that?
no worries, they just emailed saying they waived it for some people (ie some residents, people who got Pell grants). I'm not sure of the details but I was assured I was fine
Has there been any more interview invites in the last couple of days?
When was your interview date and did they provide a timeframe for hearing back regarding ED?6/15 - AMCAS submitted
6/16 - AMCAS verified
6/28 - secondary received
6/29 - secondary complete
7/28 - II
Verified in one day bc I applied ED
I think in the pre interview session they said ED decisions are going out this Monday. I’m not sure if that’s for all ED applicants or just ED applicants that interviewed alreadyWhen was your interview date and did they provide a timeframe for hearing back regarding ED?
to specify, as an RD applicantJust got an II as an in state applicant!
congrats!!! Don't mind me by asking, but stats?to specify, as an RD applicant
When did you complete?Just got an II as an in state applicant!
7/21 I believe. Or right around thenWhen did you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ED acceptance!! So excited to be a part of the RWJ community! Got the call yesterday afternoon but didn’t have a chance to post this.
Also, I want to take a minute to share something. I want everyone to know that I didn’t post in here to gloat about getting an interview or getting an acceptance. I did it because I want to share something with everyone that I think is super important. I’m far from the “ideal applicant “. I have a 3.3 cGPA, a 3.1 sGPA, and a 508 MCAT, all of which are in RWJ‘s 10th percentile or lower (and no I did not do a post bac). My stats are not what got me into this school; my story is. I’ve had a very unique journey to medical school and some very interesting experiences along the way, all of which makes me a unique applicant. Everyone of you are unique in someway and the ones that get into med school are the ones that are able to articulate that. Don’t worry about what your stats are; worry about who you are, what you’ve done, and be able to articulate that and exactly why they should take a chance on you. So to everyone that’s caught up with what everyone else’s stats are, control what you can control and focus on sharing your story. You can do this!
Also, I want to take a minute to share something. I want everyone to know that I didn’t post in here to gloat about getting an interview or getting an acceptance. I did it because I want to share something with everyone that I think is super important. I’m far from the “ideal applicant “. I have a 3.3 cGPA, a 3.1 sGPA, and a 508 MCAT, all of which are in RWJ‘s 10th percentile or lower (and no I did not do a post bac). My stats are not what got me into this school; my story is. I’ve had a very unique journey to medical school and some very interesting experiences along the way, all of which makes me a unique applicant. Everyone of you are unique in someway and the ones that get into med school are the ones that are able to articulate that. Don’t worry about what your stats are; worry about who you are, what you’ve done, and be able to articulate that and exactly why they should take a chance on you. So to everyone that’s caught up with what everyone else’s stats are, control what you can control and focus on sharing your story. You can do this!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! And thanks for sharing your story. Just don't sell yourself short. First of all, your stats are not quite as bad as you seem to think. While your GPAs are right at their 10%-ile for matriculated students (which, as an ED applicant, they know you are going to be), your MCAT is actually at their 25%-ile. Still, most people simply cannot do what you just did. Otherwise, RWJ's medians would be around 3.3/3.1/508! 🙂 In addition, you put it all on the line by applying ED.ED acceptance!! So excited to be a part of the RWJ community! Got the call yesterday afternoon but didn’t have a chance to post this.
Also, I want to take a minute to share something. I want everyone to know that I didn’t post in here to gloat about getting an interview or getting an acceptance. I did it because I want to share something with everyone that I think is super important. I’m far from the “ideal applicant “. I have a 3.3 cGPA, a 3.1 sGPA, and a 508 MCAT, all of which are in RWJ‘s 10th percentile or lower (and no I did not do a post bac). My stats are not what got me into this school; my story is. I’ve had a very unique journey to medical school and some very interesting experiences along the way, all of which makes me a unique applicant. Everyone of you are unique in someway and the ones that get into med school are the ones that are able to articulate that. Don’t worry about what your stats are; worry about who you are, what you’ve done, and be able to articulate that and exactly why they should take a chance on you. So to everyone that’s caught up with what everyone else’s stats are, control what you can control and focus on sharing your story. You can do this!
So, you should be very proud of yourself. While you might be far from an "ideal" candidate, there is clearly something pretty special about your story that most people with your stats just don't have. (And, probably, many people with far higher stats also don't have!) The difference between you and everyone else is not merely ability to articulate. Good luck, and, once again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Last edited:
Thank you!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! And thanks for sharing your story. Just don't sell yourself short. First of all, your stats are not quite as bad as you seem to think. While your GPAs are right at their 10%-ile for matriculated students (which, as an ED applicant, they know you are going to be), your MCAT is actually at their 25%-ile. Still, most people simply cannot do what you just did. Otherwise, RWJ's medians would be around 3.3/3.1/508! 🙂 In addition, you put it all on the line by applying ED.
So, you should be very proud of yourself. While you might be far from an "ideal" candidate, there is clearly something pretty special about your story that most people with your stats just don't have. (And, probably, many people with far higher stats also don't have!) The difference between you and everyone else is not merely ability to articulate. Good luck, and, once again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I have to ask- are you URM or ORM?ED acceptance!! So excited to be a part of the RWJ community! Got the call yesterday afternoon but didn’t have a chance to post this.
Also, I want to take a minute to share something. I want everyone to know that I didn’t post in here to gloat about getting an interview or getting an acceptance. I did it because I want to share something with everyone that I think is super important. I’m far from the “ideal applicant “. I have a 3.3 cGPA, a 3.1 sGPA, and a 508 MCAT, all of which are in RWJ‘s 10th percentile or lower (and no I did not do a post bac). My stats are not what got me into this school; my story is. I’ve had a very unique journey to medical school and some very interesting experiences along the way, all of which makes me a unique applicant. Everyone of you are unique in someway and the ones that get into med school are the ones that are able to articulate that. Don’t worry about what your stats are; worry about who you are, what you’ve done, and be able to articulate that and exactly why they should take a chance on you. So to everyone that’s caught up with what everyone else’s stats are, control what you can control and focus on sharing your story. You can do this!
Anyone know how RWJ uses CASPER?
Congrats~!!! I really would love to go to one of the Rutgers campuses, even as an OOS. I often worry about my own story and not having the stats to back me up but this was really reassuring to read. Hopefully we can be classmates in 2022!!!ED acceptance!! So excited to be a part of the RWJ community! Got the call yesterday afternoon but didn’t have a chance to post this.
Also, I want to take a minute to share something. I want everyone to know that I didn’t post in here to gloat about getting an interview or getting an acceptance. I did it because I want to share something with everyone that I think is super important. I’m far from the “ideal applicant “. I have a 3.3 cGPA, a 3.1 sGPA, and a 508 MCAT, all of which are in RWJ‘s 10th percentile or lower (and no I did not do a post bac). My stats are not what got me into this school; my story is. I’ve had a very unique journey to medical school and some very interesting experiences along the way, all of which makes me a unique applicant. Everyone of you are unique in someway and the ones that get into med school are the ones that are able to articulate that. Don’t worry about what your stats are; worry about who you are, what you’ve done, and be able to articulate that and exactly why they should take a chance on you. So to everyone that’s caught up with what everyone else’s stats are, control what you can control and focus on sharing your story. You can do this!
Last edited:
When was the first wave of II last year?
No but if I had to guess what they’re doing with it I would say compiling data to see how good of an assessment tool it is since they’ve only been using it for a few years. I say that because I scored in the lowest percentile on Casper and still got in lolAnyone know how RWJ uses CASPER?
Thank god, or at least I'm hoping so lolNo but if I had to guess what they’re doing with it I would say compiling data to see how good of an assessment tool it is since they’ve only been using it for a few years. I say that because I scored in the lowest percentile on Casper and still got in lol
I've read some of the threads from the 2019-2020 cycle because that's when casper was starting to be used. At the time, an interviewer apparently told an applicant that CASPer was experimental and that in four years time, they would see how well the score matches up to the performance of every applicant. We are 2 years in, so most schools apparently don't have all the data they need to take the results seriously.No but if I had to guess what they’re doing with it I would say compiling data to see how good of an assessment tool it is since they’ve only been using it for a few years. I say that because I scored in the lowest percentile on Casper and still got in lol
Yes, it's in their secondary under Welcome --> CASPer. It requires the test but not snapshot or DuetAnyone know how RWJ uses CASPER?
I'm pretty sure it does -- can I ask where might have said otherwise?No but if I had to guess what they’re doing with it I would say compiling data to see how good of an assessment tool it is since they’ve only been using it for a few years. I say that because I scored in the lowest percentile on Casper and still got in lol
I would do it!!! Please double check the secondary under Status and Welcome! Maybe it's in a trial phase so only some people see it, but just double check just in case!Thank god, or at least I'm hoping so lol
I would do it!!! Please double check the secondary under Status and Welcome! Maybe it's in a trial phase so only some people see it, but just double check just in case!
Yeah no i see that they require it but i was asking how they use it in their admissions decisions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They do require it but regarding how they use it I don’t think they rely too heavily on it. Like @Conics98 said they’ve only been using it for 2 years so they’re probably just collecting data right now and in a few years will evaluate how good of a tool it isI'm pretty sure it does -- can I ask where might have said otherwise?
They do require it but regarding how they use it I don’t think they rely too heavily on it. Like @Conics98 said they’ve only been using it for 2 years so they’re probably just collecting data right now and in a few years will evaluate how good of a tool it is
ooooooooooYeah no i see that they require it but i was asking how they use it in their admissions decisions.
okay I'm new to SDN, I didn't even realize these were questions we could ask
I feel like my vibe from Reddit in general is that it's more of a "if youre in the last quartile, it may say you hadnt prepared/practiced or may have said some wild things, but otherwise, it's fine"
I haven't heard of anyone get denied with normal stats and a low CASPer...
I guess I'll stay tuned
thanks for the clarification!
I forget where, but I heard that at one university, CASPer was taken into consideration but only pre-interview, and in this cycle I imagine that's the most use you'll see from it. Beyond that, it's basically what I said earlier: it can't be used to assess whether their medical students will do well because the students from the first cycle it was used haven't graduated yet.
D
deleted1114996
Really? as if that matters smh..I have to ask- are you URM or ORM?
confusedchild123
New Member
I completed my application on 08/03 but still have not received anything. I'm starting to worry, is this normal or should I wait it out a few more weeks?
psychedout!!!
Full Member
Some of us completed in June/July. Give it some timeI completed my application on 08/03 but still have not received anything. I'm starting to worry, is this normal or should I wait it out a few more weeks?
Has anyone heard anything from last month? I applied on 6/25 and submitted my secondaries throughout 7/29. I have only heard that I was on hold in Temple, Drexel, and GW.
For reference: I have a 3.92 GPA, 3.94 sGPA, 508 MCAT, volunteering and clinical service central to app, research with micro bio lab and non-profit.
For reference: I have a 3.92 GPA, 3.94 sGPA, 508 MCAT, volunteering and clinical service central to app, research with micro bio lab and non-profit.
Is it normal for students who applied July to not have heard back? Do you know when classmates of yours got interviews / when most interviews for RWJ are given out?hey, current m2 here. In no way shape or form involved in admissions but let me know if anyone has any questions. Have a few free hours this weekend & wouldnt mind offering a student's perception of anything you all might be curious about
obviously I cant speak for all of my classmates but for me, my app was in on the first day, received the secondary a bit after that and had my interview at the end of september. I do know that one of my close friends who also goes here applied in the beginning of the cycle and ended up interviewing on one of the last interviews of the cycle. Definitely too early to start worrying IMO..Is it normal for students who applied July to not have heard back? Do you know when classmates of yours got interviews / when most interviews for RWJ are given out?
D
deleted1114996
in-state II on 9/30! Complete 8/18, LM 74.5
Definitely not it’s barely Octobersooo if I haven't heard anything by now and was complete early August should I assume an R?
520 MCAT applied early July. Sure hope it's not a soft R by now. I got 1 interview so far out of 30+ schools. It is worth the wait.sooo if I haven't heard anything by now and was complete early August should I assume an R?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
zen_artist
Full Member
No, no notes at all. I interviewed earlier.for people interviewing soon, are we allowed to take notes during the MMI?
what do we do for the two prep minutes hahah?No, no notes at all. I interviewed earlier.
zen_artist
Full Member
Just look at the prompt and mentally try to figure out a plan. I came up with a sort of mental flowchart to help guide my answers and not be redundant, but I wasn't able to write it down. I do think, however, that if you pre-wrote some type of flowchart, you could tape it to the wall behind your laptop and look at it during the two min prep (but if someone knows otherwise feel free to correct me)what do we do for the two prep minutes hahah?
Man as happy as I am about this being my sole MD II so far, waiting until December is absolutely going to kill me.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 94K