2022-2023 Rutgers (RWJ)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! Would you be willing to share some more info for the rest of us? IS, stats? I’ve been complete since first week of July and hoping for some good news soon 💙
Thank you! I'm IS, 74.7 LM. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me! Hopefully you get some good news soon :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would love to chat with anyone that has experience with RWJMS. Would love to hear about the student experience! Please dm me if you are willing. Thanks!

II on 10/03. IS LM 71

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
As interviews and waitlists begin to come in - here is a fair warning about RWJMS waitlists from the past few years. Will this necessarily hold for the waitlist this year? Maybe, maybe not, but this has been the case over the last few years. You may get placed into HPWL with 50-100 other people of whom maybe 5-10 will actually get the spot, despite the language in your email being deceptively optimistic i.e. "quite likely to be accepted".

• Regular waitlist - Rejection
  • HPWL - actual waitlist. My guess is maybe around 50-100 people last year were in this category.
    • Top 10 in HPWL - Self explanatory. Last year not all 10 people made it off this waitlist.

As interviews and waitlists begin to come in - here is a fair warning about RWJMS waitlists from the past few years. Will this necessarily hold for the waitlist this year? Maybe, maybe not, but this has been the case over the last few years. You may get placed into HPWL with 50-100 other people of whom maybe 5-10 will actually get the spot, despite the language in your email being deceptively optimistic i.e. "quite likely to be accepted".

• Regular waitlist - Rejection
  • HPWL - actual waitlist. My guess is maybe around 50-100 people last year were in this category.
    • Top 10 in HPWL - Self explanatory. Last year not all 10 people made it off this waitlist.
Last year only one person made it off the HPWL in the rank of "highest priority".The Waitlist in this school is essentially a rejection.

A friend of mine was on the HPWL this past cycle, and based on his communication with the admissions people, they didn't take many people from even the HPWL. I couldn't tell you an exact number because they didn't disclose that, but it seemed like you need to be part of the top 10 to have any kind of shot, and even then, it's no guarantee. Based on what I understood from him, I would take: unranked HPWL, waitlist, and rejection to all be essentially the same
Another thing of note is that I don’t think anyone that is HPWL for the earlier decision date ends up in the top 10.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder why there is no waitlist movement. That phenomena is usually reserved for schools like Harvard.
Schools give out more acceptances than there are seats available. For example if there’s 100 seats a school might give like 200 acceptances with anticipation that 120 people will decline their acceptance. 200-120=80 so that means they would be 20 people off the waitlist. RWJMS is the type to give out 230 acceptances for 100 seats and every may they are over enrolled. Hence no one comes off the waitlist or one or two people.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it too late to submit a secondary here? Wanna take any shots I can get but also... money :,)) I'm OOS with strong ties to NJ

Anyone get email confirmation after sending a post-II thank you letter? Wondering if I should be expecting it

This school has a really small thread. Do we think they’re really behind?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone get email confirmation after sending a post-II thank you letter? Wondering if I should be expecting it
I just came on here to ask the same thing. I emailed them the day after my interview this past Monday and haven’t heard back. Getting nervous that maybe I sent it to the wrong email? Did you hear anything? And if so, do you mind if I ask which email you guys sent the thank you to?

I just came on here to ask the same thing. I emailed them the day after my interview this past Monday and haven’t heard back. Getting nervous that maybe I sent it to the wrong email? Did you hear anything? And if so, do you mind if I ask which email you guys sent the thank you to?
I didn't get a reply after sending mine to [email protected] (iirc, this was the email they said to send it to)

When did they say they would release decisions was it December 7th or December 15th?

This school has a really small thread. Do we think they’re really behind?
I'm not sure we can jump to that conclusion (although I want to). It may be possible people are not reporting their interviews, as people are now reporting they were interviewed in November.

I got a reply the day after I sent mine to [email protected] in September. If you sent it to that email and haven’t heard back then the adcoms are likely really behind or delayed

Wait so does it mean that people interviewing close to that date will be notified in spring? (I'm interviewing 12/16)

I think I remember someone saying December 18th, although that doesn’t appear anywhere in writing so I could’ve dreamed that or something lol. But I do know they said everyone interviewed by decision day (might include all of December) will hear on that day and everyone after will hear in March

Does this school give scholarship?

I think I remember someone saying December 18th, although that doesn’t appear anywhere in writing so I could’ve dreamed that or something lol. But I do know they said everyone interviewed by decision day (might include all of December) will hear on that day and everyone after will hear in March
My son was accepted here last cycle on December 17th.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
II- OOS received, complete early July!

Anyone who's done the interview know if there's an acting scenario involved? Or is it just being presented a case in words and you respond by talking?

Anyone know how we’re going to be informed of decisions next week? I’m taking a vacation out of the country for a few weeks and am nervous that I won’t get the phone call since I’ll be using a different SIM card. Do they email also?