2022-2023 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Big if true, but I find it hard to believe. I encourage all of you guys to prep for a reapp or gap year if you have no other acceptances. And please don’t forget to take care of yourselves throughout this grueling process, we all have what it takes to be physicians, don’t let an R ruin your spirit!
I also find it hard to believe I have been watching the accepted ig (I’m neurotic LOL) and it’s at like 260+ followers

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I just combed through last years thread and the acceptances from the AL came as follows: 9 A’s before 05/15, 1 A the rest of May, 2 A’s before 06/14, 2 A’s after. Someone reported the admissions office accepted 2 students in the second week of July but those weren’t reported by SDN users. Additionally, there was a post saying in 2020-2021 there was only 1 A given after 05/14, I haven’t looked to verify this.

Reactions: 1 user
I just combed through last years thread and the acceptances from the AL came as follows: 9 A’s before 05/15, 1 A the rest of May, 2 A’s before 06/14, 2 A’s after. Someone reported the admissions office accepted 2 students in the second week of July but those weren’t reported by SDN users. Additionally, there was a post saying in 2020-2021 there was only 1 A given after 05/14, I haven’t looked to verify this.
What percentage gets reported in SDN? My guess is around 10%.

Members don't see this ad :)
What percentage gets reported in SDN? My guess is around 10%.
I'm sure it varies year over year. I counted last year's posted acceptances. There were 16 prior to May, so a total of 30 were reported. Their own data shows the number of students accepted per year between 300 and 350, so 8.6% - 10% of acceptances are reported. I don't think much of an inference can be made, especially because we have no idea how the SDN-reported acceptances distribution over time matches the actual acceptances over time. Buuuut if we were going to wing it, 53% of acceptances were reported before May, 33% in May, which leaves 14% of reported acceptances left (if you include the post where someone said the admissions office said they had accepted two people in the second week of July). All in all, I dunno.

Does anyone know what Albany’s CTE date is this year?

Just got an email from them that said the CTE date is in "early July" but they didn't give any more specific information.
The CTE is July 3rd. It’s on the acceptance packet on the portal

I have resigned to believing that any waitlist I am on is a soon to be rejection and I should move on with and plan my life accordingly. Essentially, I gave up hope as a way of feeling better and less anxious.
As someone that did not get into medical school last year and recently got off a wait list this year things will be okay. Faith, consistency, and hard work pays off.

Reactions: 2 users
I called them the other day. They said the class is pretty much full, but they expect 1-2 people to drop out, so I guess maybe 2 more As hopefully. I also asked them about their Health Corps program. They will nominate around 10 people from the list and give them a job as a PCA for 1yr w/ automatic acceptance next year. Those invites will be sent next month. Hoping for that now….

• Sad
What I heard is they take decent number after CTE date.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that was told to incoming students. Any accepted students still active here?
I heard from a current student that the last person they accepted disnt get her A until July, 2 weeks after orientation. Im currently living in Albany and did an SMP. The student who told me this was in my SMP last year. But according to the convo I had with the school, the spots they have left will be given if current accepted students drop out. Theyre expecting 1-2 to do that according to previous trends.

I heard from a current student that the last person they accepted disnt get her A until July, 2 weeks after orientation. Im currently living in Albany and did an SMP. The student who told me this was in my SMP last year. But according to the convo I had with the school, the spots they have left will be given if current accepted students drop out. Theyre expecting 1-2 to do that according to previous trends.
Yes, last year thread has one or two As in July. My source said 30+ after CTE but that seems to be too high.

• Dislike
  • Hmm
A just now. AL 1/27. My first MD A this cycle so so happy!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Does it take awhile for the financial aid info to come out?

Does it take awhile for the financial aid info to come out?
Took me like a month. I emailed financial aid about my status and got my package a couple days later

Got the A yesterday! Can anyone dm me the link to the groupme?

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else on the alternate list, does your link to the portal not work anymore either? Tryna decide if that means it’s wraps at this point…

Anyone else on the alternate list, does your link to the portal not work anymore either? Tryna decide if that means it’s wraps at this point…
When I logged in I had to change the application year before it would do anything so make sure you try the 2023 year! Apart from that, the portal looks the same to me.

Im submitting my new AMCAS this week. I think its over.
maybe but Albany has a CTE date of July 3rd. Not saying there is a lot of hope but still some. Especially if some people are on other waitlists. Again, chances are low, low low, but not zero. Though if you're like me, you'd rather have it black and white, and a yes or no would be better to move on. Keep ya head up

maybe but Albany has a CTE date of July 3rd. Not saying there is a lot of hope but still some. Especially if some people are on other waitlists. Again, chances are low, low low, but not zero. Though if you're like me, you'd rather have it black and white, and a yes or no would be better to move on. Keep ya head up
I dont want to wait too long to submit my AMCAS. Do you think waiting for first week of July might be late?

Hi, I just received an A today! I’m incredibly excited to be able to start school this year. Could anyone send me the accepted groupme?

Reactions: 5 users
Maybe the AL will move some 😭😭
Called again today, I was told that the class is pretty much set. List will only move if people withdrawal, but again, maybe 1 or 2 people will withdrawal, who knows...... On the other hand, I am very interested in their Health Corps program. This program offers potential students a job as a PCA at the hospital with an automatic acceptance in the class of the following year. If I am offered a position on that program I will accept.

Called again today, I was told that the class is pretty much set. List will only move if people withdrawal, but again, maybe 1 or 2 people will withdrawal, who knows...... On the other hand, I am very interested in their Health Corps program. This program offers potential students a job as a PCA at the hospital with an automatic acceptance in the class of the following year. If I am offered a position on that program I will accept.
They won't send out the formal rejection emails until classes start, right? I know it'd be a formality, but it'd be nice to have closure.

They won't send out the formal rejection emails until classes start, right? I know it'd be a formality, but it'd be nice to have closure.
Maybe right before, last year they sent out rejections on 7/25 looks like. It's annoying at this point because I know it's over but the lack of an official rejection gives you that 1% of hope.

Has anyone called about Health Corps? Or heard anything?

Got into health corps!! Cannot believe it literally dying 😭😭😭

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the rejection from the AL. No surprises there at this point but the closure is nice. Good luck to all of you that got in and that are working on the new cycle! Y'all are going to do great things

I am curious about the number of people they interview. According to AAMC's waitlist procedures, around 200 interviewees are placed on the alternate list, with 35 receiving acceptance from it. Most of us appear to be on the alternate list. Could anyone sheds some light on the underlying mathematics of the process?

I am curious about the number of people they interview. According to AAMC's waitlist procedures, around 200 interviewees are placed on the alternate list, with 35 receiving acceptance from it. Most of us appear to be on the alternate list. Could anyone sheds some light on the underlying mathematics of the process?
When I interviewed, someone said 90% of the class is waitlisted and then accepted. Only around 10% of the class is accepted right after their interview.