2022-2023 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Screen Shot 2023-04-01 at 10.05.22 AM.png

I am not seeing anything, unless I am paying the full COA and they just haven't told me that yet rip

Any thoughts about waitlist movement? It looks like they took some people off in early April last year, but this year saw some March movement...
We might see some movement early April as students starting making more decisions - but the big date is April 17. That's when students have to narrow down their choices to 3 schools, and I expect more movement then.

According to AAMC, May 1 may be another date as students have to narrow down their choices to 1.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who are waitlisted and submitted a letter, if it says 1/10 does that mean it's all done and submitted? Also, it says you can't edit, but there's totally an edit button.

Accepted! Interviewed 1/19

Accepted! (never on WL) Interviewed Jan 11, will be turning down though because I committed elsewhere. Best of luck yall!

Hmm, I guess today’s the last day of decisions directly from the interview, so do you guys think we’re going to have waitlist movement again now. Not really sure if I’m right though.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm, I guess today’s the last day of decisions directly from the interview, so do you guys think we’re going to have waitlist movement again now. Not really sure if I’m right though.
Probably after April 15 when people cut down their schools list and then again after May 1

Reactions: 1 user
Probably after April 15 when people cut down their schools list and then again after May 1
If I may be so bold. I looked at the last 2-3 years application process on SDN and emails AAMC sent me. Generally, waitlist movement seems to occur from mid-April up to mid-June.

AAMC gave the dates 4/17 to narrow down to 3 schools and 5/1 to narrow down to 1 (though you can keep your waitlists). So combined with SDN's data, we will probably start seeing movement mid-April, reaching a maximum velocity in May, and slowing down to a trickle June. So buckle up, we're in for a rough ride :).

Reactions: 6 users
just withdrew my A, hopefully you will see some WL movement soon. GL

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know if there is a complete match list somewhere? The one on their site for 2023 is self reported and seems to only include a little over 50% of the class

For people on the WL, there are only 81 people in the group me and people have been leaving these past few days. Class size is around 200, so there will 100% be WL movement.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
I wouldn’t read into this stuff. There are probably plenty of people in that still deciding (e.g. me)/who forgot to exit the group
agreed (also still in the group but i withdrew a while ago)!!! i think that the FB group is a lower bar whereas the # in the group chats are typically a bit more indicative. regardless, it's really hard to tell :( in the same boat because i keep checking the # of people in a FB group for a school i'm WL'd at haha this **** is rough

Is georgetown done with releasing all initial decisions for interviews for the cycle? Are we only waiting on WL movement now?

A just now as well!! So excited!!! Waitlisted earlier this month

Call for me and email came shortly after

does anyone know anything about opportunities to visit the school, especially since their in-person and virtual second look days already passed?

When do you guys think will be the next waitlist movement? Next week or two to three weeks later?

hopefully more movement will happen soon!! Do u think there’s a particular order that they’re going in? It seems like people who were WL later in the cycle, r getting in

Got the call today off the waitlist!! Interviewed October, waitlisted January. I sent a LOI and update. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Also people on the WL, did y’all see that there’s like 10 max submissions for waitlist letters? Isn’t that like excessive LMAO? We don’t have to send nearly that many right?

Do you all think there will be any more WL movement?? Like is early WL movement a good sign that they maybe are struggling to fill all their seats? Currently telling myself this to make me feel better🙏🏻 LMK what y’all think

Do you all think there will be any more WL movement?? Like is early WL movement a good sign that they maybe are struggling to fill all their seats? Currently telling myself this to make me feel better🙏🏻 LMK what y’all think
There was significant movement throughout May last year, don't stress too much

• Care
Got the call yesterday!!! I sent 2 LOI with updates! Does anyone know if there's a facebook for admitted students?

when did you interview?
I interviewed September 20th and actually did not hear back that I was waitlisted until early March (an incredibly long and excruciating wait time lol). I sent in two LOIs while on the waitlist.