You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Albany
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
scaredpremedgui
Full Member
Looks like the form is available now, there's no confirmation email or anything though so I submitted like three times lmao
Yes there is, after you submit you get a page that says if you successfully submitted. Did you get that? Just submitted mineLooks like the form is available now, there's no confirmation email or anything though so I submitted like three times lmao
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
maanaspisati
Full Member
that's what I did haha I think it lets you access it until the due date on the 27thLooks like the form is available now, there's no confirmation email or anything though so I submitted like three times lmao
Stokara
Full Member
Got that too, but an email confirmation would feel better lolYes there is, after you submit you get a page that says if you successfully submitted. Did you get that? Just submitted mine
Just completed the AL form. Stay strong my fellow AL peeps, this is my only shot at an A this cycle so I'm feeling the heat.
Compared to last yr, it seems like albany started rejecting waitlisted people and sent the AL form earlier this year. I wonder if this means they are going to pull off people from AL sooner?
medschool98
Full Member
my AL response form is still not loading? anyone else?
scaredpremedgui
Full Member
Anyone have any predictions at this point in terms of acceptance rates? Including amount of interviews, people that won’t stay on the AL, etc.
maanaspisati
Full Member
you got this!!Just completed the AL form. Stay strong my fellow AL peeps, this is my only shot at an A this cycle so I'm feeling the heat.
jeanette m
New Member
should i be concerned if i still haven’t received an AL response form? for context, interviewed sep, AL since oct and no communication since
You should email them and ask. I know another guy that I interviewed with last month who also got the email.should i be concerned if i still haven’t received an AL response form? for context, interviewed sep, AL since oct and no communication since
jeanette m
New Member
never mind the neuroticism got to me, it was in my inbox this morning lolYou should email them and ask. I know another guy that I interviewed with last month who also got the email.
Totally understand. Im literally refreshing my email almost every hr -_- good lucknever mind the neuroticism got to me, it was in my inbox this morning lol
Tatum00green
Full Member
I've come to peace with everything. retook my mcat, scored a 518. published, gained clinicals, gained peace of mind, ready for the next shot. nothing is ever lost.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1156790
no email, but it had a pop-up that said it was successfully submitted.Anyone who filled out the alt list response form, did you not get a confirmation email neither? I submitted the form and got nothing, now freaking out a bit on whether or not it actually went through...
I hope that surviving today means we are safe from a post II R and be considered for a spot during waitlist movement....hope everyone has a nice weekend and will receive some sort of good news from schools next week! 🙂
I now see albany on my cyms portal as a waitlisted applicant! I guess the movement can start any moment now
scorpiogirl27
New Member
Just withdrew my acceptance from Albany. Good luck to everyone on the alternative list!
Do you have other acceptances elsewhere? It’s not showing up for meI now see albany on my cyms portal as a waitlisted applicant! I guess the movement can start any moment now
Yes, I have an acceptance from another school. During my last cycle when I had three waitlists with no A, I believe my waitlist positions didnt show up on CYMS. Not sure if things changed but that was the case for meDo you have other acceptances elsewhere? It’s not showing up for me
doubledoc712
Full Member
Withdrew my acceptance! hope it goes to one of you
You dont get to put down alternate list positions unless you have an A, that’s correctYes, I have an acceptance from another school. During my last cycle when I had three waitlists with no A, I believe my waitlist positions didnt show up on CYMS. Not sure if things changed but that was the case for me
Stokara
Full Member
Last year there were a couple acceptances on the following Wednesday of April 30th. Manifesting for some good news soon!I now see albany on my cyms portal as a waitlisted applicant! I guess the movement can start any moment now
maanaspisati
Full Member
you got it for sure!!Last year there were a couple acceptances on the following Wednesday of April 30th. Manifesting for some good news soon!
scaredpremedgui
Full Member
I was hoping they would send out a round of acceptances this morning, still expecting some type of movement this week.
D
deleted1156790
me too. but in 2021 the round of A’s was thursday so maybe tmr is the day😅I was hoping they would send out a round of acceptances this morning, still expecting some type of movement this week.
Around what time did they send it in 2021? I remember I got my AL at 1230. Is it the same for As?me too. but in 2021 the round of A’s was thursday so maybe tmr is the day😅
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I GOT OFF THE WAITLIST. im going to stay in ny. Reapplicant, interviewed in september and waitlisted in mid october. I'm so grateful!
Congrats! What time did you get the mail? Also do you mind sharing GPA and MCAT?I GOT OFF THE WAITLIST. im going to stay in ny. Reapplicant, interviewed in september and waitlisted in mid october. I'm so grateful!
literally 15 mins ago! I had LM67-68, if you want specific stats pm me!Congrats! What time did you get the mail? Also do you mind sharing GPA and MCAT?
Stokara
Full Member
I have the same message. I am pretty sure we are fine. It just means the form can be no longer accessed and submitted.Kinda sus- I submitted an AL form but my AL section still says "
We're sorry - the deadline for Alternate has passed. If you have any questions, please call the admissions office at 518-262-5521
This doesnt mean my form didnt submit, right? I'm still on the AL after this round of decisions today
Kinda sus- I submitted an AL form but my AL section still says "
We're sorry - the deadline for Alternate has passed. If you have any questions, please call the admissions office at 518-262-5521
This doesnt mean my form didnt submit, right? I'm still on the AL after this round of decisions today
You’re good 🙂 I have the same thing as well!
I have the same message. I am pretty sure we are fine. It just means the form can be no longer accessed and submitted.
Thanks yall. Congrats to all those accepted todayYou’re good 🙂 I have the same thing as well!
yourstruelypremed
Full Member
My alternate form is still available and states “please complete and submit this form by December 1, 2023”. Help I’m scared because mine doesn’t look like other people. I definitely submitted it before the April 27 deadline. Was anyone successful in calling to confirm their form had been submitted?
scaredpremedgui
Full Member
Earlier today, mine said the deadline had passed and when I just checked now it says the December 1st thing. If I had to guess I think we’re fine.My alternate form is still available and states “please complete and submit this form by December 1, 2023”. Help I’m scared because mine doesn’t look like other people. I definitely submitted it before the April 27 deadline. Was anyone successful in calling to confirm their form had been submitted?
yourstruelypremed
Full Member
Phew! Thank you🙂Earlier today, mine said the deadline had passed and when I just checked now it says the December 1st thing. If I had to guess I think we’re fine.
just to confirm, when we start this summer at albany, they will have new grading system that is essentially HP/P/F right?
one of the students told me top 15% gets honors, and everyone else gets pass or failjust to confirm, when we start this summer at albany, they will have new grading system that is essentially HP/P/F right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
today or yesterday?Just got the A email, interviewed mid October
Todaytoday or yesterday?
scaredpremedgui
Full Member
It's only been two days and I've already been checking my email obsessively, I don't know how I'm gonna deal with this for another month.
Relatable. I'm telling myself to only check once in the morning and once in the evening... not doing so well with that so far. 🤣It's only been two days and I've already been checking my email obsessively, I don't know how I'm gonna deal with this for another month.