2022-2023 Georgetown

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm wondering if the issue with the AMCAS waitlist "glitch" from another thread is the reason for the delay? Does anyone know if WL applicants have gotten the A on weekends in years past?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm wondering if the issue with the AMCAS waitlist "glitch" from another thread is the reason for the delay? Does anyone know if WL applicants have gotten the A on weekends in years past?
To reply to you and the guy above, CTE deadline being on Monday is a tough spot to be. From previous years' data, it seems WL acceptance seem to go out on Mondays and Fridays, more likely being Friday. I was just hoping that Friday would have been yesterday.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it's 5:50 est and I haven't heard. Is anyone else calling it & assuming they are done calling?
Yeah. I think they just called everyone in the morning itself. Don't know if there's going to be another wave soon, but going off last year's threads, then probably not anytime in May and might have a small one in June.
 
For those of you who got off the WL, how many LOI or update letters have you guys sent out after being WL? I sent 5 already but am not sure if I should consistently send them updates 🥲
 
For those of you who got off the WL, how many LOI or update letters have you guys sent out after being WL? I sent 5 already but am not sure if I should consistently send them updates 🥲
I only sent in one in November, a few days after I got waitlisted! So I don’t think you should worry too much about submitting more letters. Wishing you get the A call sometime soon 🙂
 
For people who got off the WL recently, has your portal or AMCAS been updated? I got the call but nothing has been updated and I have a CTE deadline on Monday 😬
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who have gotten off the waitlist, did you have other acceptances and PTE at another school before getting off the waitlist? Or was Gtown your first A?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel they will release a wave of A's before the June 5th commit to enroll deadline that many other schools have. So deep down I think we'll see a few A's this week
The issue is that medical schools need to fill up their classes, but until they know how many students have CTE, they cannot make WL decisions. It would be a risk to Georgetown to accept WL students only to have all of their current WL A's CTE, a situation where they overfill their class.

Ideally, students with multiple A's should CTE and formally drop their WL A's so schools can make further WL decisions. But I'm sure there are students who are waiting for financial decisions, in between two schools, or even just sick of the process (and taking a break before making a decision).

I just wish the CTE deadline were sooner. I'm submitting my reapplication while still waiting for WL decisions.
 
The issue is that medical schools need to fill up their classes, but until they know how many students have CTE, they cannot make WL decisions. It would be a risk to Georgetown to accept WL students only to have all of their current WL A's CTE, a situation where they overfill their class.

Ideally, students with multiple A's should CTE and formally drop their WL A's so schools can make further WL decisions. But I'm sure there are students who are waiting for financial decisions, in between two schools, or even just sick of the process (and taking a break before making a decision).

I just wish the CTE deadline were sooner. I'm submitting my reapplication while still waiting for WL decisions.
Per last year's thread, they sent out a wave of A's on June 3rd, which was a Wednesday last year!