2022-2023 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waiting to find out when we’ll hear back is excruciating, especially because there is no info on which order we will come off the waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Waiting to find out when we’ll hear back is excruciating, especially because there is no info on which order we will come off the waitlist
Based on previous posts in this year's thread as well as last year's thread, it seems like they tend to send out A's on Thursdays/Fridays. Obviously this is just my quick observation, but I think some decisions will go out either later this week and/or late next week!

Reactions: 1 users
do u guys think calls will go out tomorrow? This is going to be a stressful weekend--

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How is everyone feeling? I'm a bit apprehensive that there was no movement today.

• Care
Was really thinking they would release today but I guess next week?

I'm wondering if the issue with the AMCAS waitlist "glitch" from another thread is the reason for the delay? Does anyone know if WL applicants have gotten the A on weekends in years past?

I'm wondering if the issue with the AMCAS waitlist "glitch" from another thread is the reason for the delay? Does anyone know if WL applicants have gotten the A on weekends in years past?
To reply to you and the guy above, CTE deadline being on Monday is a tough spot to be. From previous years' data, it seems WL acceptance seem to go out on Mondays and Fridays, more likely being Friday. I was just hoping that Friday would have been yesterday.

I just got the call after being waitlisted since November!!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think they're done calling?
I'm seeing in the thread last year that someone got a call at 5:20 and another one at 6:00. So based on that and being optimistic, I'd like to think they aren't finished

• Care
If I don't get off today it's most likely that I won't have a high chance of getting off the WL right?

Got the A call at 10:30 this morning!! Been on the WL since October sooo happy 😭

Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations! Happy for you. Surprised it went out on a Saturday.

If you don't mind me asking, did you get an invitation to the FB group?
Thank you very much! And no I have not received anything yet.

I also got the A call today! Interviewed on September 27th and waitlisted on November 15th. So excited! Wishing that the rest of people on the waitlist get the call soon.

• Care
it's 5:50 est and I haven't heard. Is anyone else calling it & assuming they are done calling?

it's 5:50 est and I haven't heard. Is anyone else calling it & assuming they are done calling?
Yeah. I think they just called everyone in the morning itself. Don't know if there's going to be another wave soon, but going off last year's threads, then probably not anytime in May and might have a small one in June.

Yeah. I think they just called everyone in the morning itself. Don't know if there's going to be another wave soon, but going off last year's threads, then probably not anytime in May and might have a small one in June.
Do they send out all the calls in one day?

For those of you who got off the WL, how many LOI or update letters have you guys sent out after being WL? I sent 5 already but am not sure if I should consistently send them updates 🥲

For those of you who got off the WL, how many LOI or update letters have you guys sent out after being WL? I sent 5 already but am not sure if I should consistently send them updates 🥲
I only sent in one in November, a few days after I got waitlisted! So I don’t think you should worry too much about submitting more letters. Wishing you get the A call sometime soon :)

• Love
For people who got off the WL recently, has your portal or AMCAS been updated? I got the call but nothing has been updated and I have a CTE deadline on Monday 😬

For people who got off the WL recently, has your portal or AMCAS been updated? I got the call but nothing has been updated and I have a CTE deadline on Monday 😬
My portal has not been updated either, perhaps it will on Monday?

Last year they sent out a wave of A's on May 15th (which was a Friday). Obviously none of us know what sort of schedule they are operating on this year, but I definitely still think they will send out more A's this month

For those of you who have gotten off the waitlist, did you have other acceptances and PTE at another school before getting off the waitlist? Or was Gtown your first A?

Also got off waitlist on Saturday around 11:00 am PST. To answer the question above, I had already PTE'd at another school when i received the call.