2022-2023 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard of someone’s application go from hold to acceptance or is it pretty much only waitlist that will possibly hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Just withdrew my A! Hope it goes to one of you! Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard of someone’s application go from hold to acceptance or is it pretty much only waitlist that will possibly hear back?
I remember someone on this thread saying that an admin told them that people on hold only get offers if everyone on the WL gets offered.. which seems unlikely :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Still no word since my interview at the beginning of January lol.
If you’re not on the waitlist, prepare to reapply. If you are on the waitlist, scream FML because nobody knows what’s gonna happen. Their class is probably full but also maybe not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
No matter what happened to you this cycle, remember that you are more than a silly little pretend medical school in Colton, CA. You guys have all worked so hard to get to this point. If it didn’t work out, just remember that you’re worth way more than any AdCom can comprehend. You are all gonna go and do great things in life, so just keep grinding and don’t worry about some dumb little school in Colton. Like lowkey… if you check out their whole AdCom it’s just a bunch of people from the University of Phoenix and other fake internet schools. Don’t let these people get you down! Keep grinding!!

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
No matter what happened to you this cycle, remember that you are more than a silly little pretend medical school in Colton, CA. You guys have all worked so hard to get to this point. If it didn’t work out, just remember that you’re worth way more than any AdCom can comprehend. You are all gonna go and do great things in life, so just keep grinding and don’t worry about some dumb little school in Colton. Like lowkey… if you check out their whole AdCom it’s just a bunch of people from the University of Phoenix and other fake internet schools. Don’t let these people get you down! Keep grinding!!
Bro decided to just insult the med school and everyone accepted because others/you didn't get in. You know you can comfort people without demeaning others?

Bro decided to just insult the med school and everyone accepted because others/you didn't get in. You know you can comfort people without demeaning others?
I mean… bro does have a point

just got accepted omg I prayed every day for this, I’m wishing the best for everyone else too

Members don't see this ad :)
finally got my post interview rejection!

Given the timing requirements on applicants (how much we have to rush/how hellish life becomes during primaries and secondaries almost a YEAR ago now), I do find it insulting that they haven't bothered sending out pre-interview rejections. Yes, I know that at this point in time, since I haven't received an interview invite at their school, I'm not in the running at all. But I do think it's basic decency given how ridiculously long their secondary was and just the fact that we had to pay a primary and secondary fee to their school, that they should send an (automated) rejection email for those of us not in consideration anymore.

Like they've had the audacity to send me their master's program email, yet not reject me. There aren't any repercussions for the school obviously and I can't do anything about it besides vent on SDN, but it's just frustrating how this school hasn't even shown such a simple courtesy notification to applicants
You make a really great point, much better than I had phrased it. My theory is that since they are a new med school they are relying on behaviors that they probably needed in their very first application cycle. Like, for example, never sending out Rs and keeping the applicant pool as big as possible until the last minute. Considering that this is their 5th or 6th cycle, this kind of behavior should no longer be acceptable. It is what it is tho and I guess we can’t complain too much. We’re all gonna do well in life, regardless of how this goes. If you didn’t get in, consider it a favor. If their application cycle is this much of a mess, consider how lacking their medical education must be LOL

i know post-interview rejections have been sent out already, but has anyone on the WL received a rejection yet? i know its probably unlikely to get accepted at this point, but its been dead silence and i hate being stuck in limbo...

i know post-interview rejections have been sent out already, but has anyone on the WL received a rejection yet? i know its probably unlikely to get accepted at this point, but its been dead silence and i hate being stuck in limbo...
I've been on waitlist since December 2022 and no news yet for me.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Finally got my rejection after being on the WL since 10/31 lol… CUSM was the last school that hadn’t gotten back to me for the 2023 cycle. It’s not surprising at this point, considering orientation has already started apparently 🤣 But I’m finally glad to receive closure! They definitely should’ve told us something sooner, shame on them, but ah well. I hope everyone else had a successful cycle, and to those that didn’t, best of luck on the next one! ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Finally got my rejection after being on the WL since 10/31 lol… CUSM was the last school that hadn’t gotten back to me for the 2023 cycle. It’s not surprising at this point, considering orientation has already started apparently 🤣 But I’m finally glad to receive closure! They definitely should’ve told us something sooner, shame on them, but ah well. I hope everyone else had a successful cycle, and to those that didn’t, best of luck on the next one! ❤️
congrats future doctor!! May I ask which school did you end up deciding on?

We probably got it at the exact same time. I was literally in the Starbucks drive-thru. Better late than never I suppose. Honestly my interview left me with a very strange feeling about this school but I wish luck to those who were accepted off the waitlist.

• Haha
congrats future doctor!! May I ask which school did you end up deciding on?
Thank you so much! I decided to attend TUNCOM; it was relatively close by to my family/friends/S.O compared to other programs and have friends who attended the school with great experiences.

I know this is an older thread, but I just submitted my secondary for this cycle yesterday. Did anyone who submit late like me have success in their cycle for this school?