2022-2023 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone getting off the waitlist! Was waitlisted on 1/27 after a 12/16 interview, so I’m hoping that we continue to see more movement! Would really love to go here.

Members don't see this ad.

I also got in off the WL today. This was my 3rd cycle so it feels surreal.
Interviewed 12/16, waitlisted 1/27, LM 73, non-IE CA resident.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I also got in off the WL today. This was my 3rd cycle so it feels surreal.
Interviewed 12/16, waitlisted 1/27, LM 73, non-IE CA resident.
Congrats! I also interviewed that day and was waitlisted too! Hoping to hear something soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is everyone who is eventually admitted waitlisted first? Interviewed 2/24 and still silence.

Hahaha they just sent me an MBS email and im on their waitlist lol

I also got in off the waitlist yesterday afternoon! Interviewed 1/20, waitlisted 3/3. This is my top choice out of the schools that interviewed me, and my second year interviewing at CUSM, so I'm super excited. Nice to get the real offer after the brief confusion of the VIP day invite.

To anyone who attended the VIP day, what was your impression?

Congrats to everyone else getting good news and good luck to those still on the waitlist!

accepted off the waitlist! unbelievably happy! interviewed 3/10

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I haven't heard back since secondaries, anyone still getting interview invites?

Reactions: 1 user
Got off the waitlist today as well! Interviewed 4/7 and waitlisted 4/21. I did call the admissions office earlier this week to ask about what they anticipate for waitlist movement. They said that the waitlist is ranked but unfortunately they can't tell us where / how we're ranked. On the bright side, they did say that they're expecting lots of waitlist movement especially around the CTE deadline! So there's still tons of hope! Good luck to everyone here :)
Congratulations! I interviewed 4/14 and was waitlisted 4/21. I was just wondering if it was frowned upon to email the admissions office and ask about waitlist movement/ask if we can provide an update letter in the meantime...

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! I interviewed 4/14 and was waitlisted 4/21. I was just wondering if it was frowned upon to email the admissions office and ask about waitlist movement/ask if we can provide an update letter in the meantime...
They unfortunately don’t take update letters :/

Was accepted off the waitlist today. Feeling grateful.

Wishing everyone on the waitlist the best of luck - rooting for you!

Reactions: 7 users
Got off the waitlist yesterday afternoon! There is hope! Wish you all the best of luck!

Reactions: 9 users
Did anyone never get an official pre-II R from this school? :( I would've at least liked to know they read my app.

Does anyone know if there will still be some more waitlist movement? really hoping to get in!

Reactions: 3 users
was accepted off the waitlist today!! Interviewed on 2/10 and waitlisted on 3/10. literally feels surreal!

Reactions: 4 users
For anyone still waiting to hear back after their interview, I called the admissions office and they said that all final decisions should be sent out within 2 weeks.

For those who were just accepted, did they say the cohort is completely full currently?
hello! i was just wondering if you were accepted off the waitlist or just directly post interview? sorry i don’t have an answer for your question…

hello! i was just wondering if you were accepted off the waitlist or just directly post interview? sorry i don’t have an answer for your question…
Oh im WL! I was asking to see if there was still hope for acceptances haha

For anyone still waiting to hear back after their interview, I called the admissions office and they said that all final decisions should be sent out within 2 weeks.
any chance that these post interview decisions will be A or WL?

Withdrew my A yesterday, hope it goes to one of you guys on the WL!!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone possibly heard any updates of movement on the waitlist...?

Reactions: 2 users
any chance that these post interview decisions will be A or WL?

I called the admissions office and they said that those who have not heard back yet are "on hold"; after there are no more applicants on the WL, applicants from this category can be given an A.

Can someone explain what commitment to enroll means exactly?

Can someone explain what commitment to enroll means exactly?
Directly from AMCAS:

By selecting "Commit to Enroll," I am indicating that I have made my final selection and withdrawn all other applications, including waitlist positions. I understand that it is my responsibility to communicate my withdrawal and acceptance decisions with medical schools directly and to follow their school-specific processes to withdraw my application(s) or confirm my acceptance. Selecting "Commit to Enroll" is not an appropriate method of withdrawing applications from other medical school(s), including any which have offered me an acceptance. Beginning May 1st, medical schools can see which applicants have selected "Commit to Enroll" at their institution.

I’m lucky to have other great options but absolutely wild that I still haven’t heard anything post ii from Jan lol. Like ????

I just called CUSM, I guess they moved the CTE to June 19. :(

• Sad
  • Wow
Accepted off the waitlist earlier this week and over the moon about it! Best wishes to those currently on waitlist still--especially those on the waitlist working on a new application etc. Kind of a tough/strange position to be in, I know.

Is there a discord for the incoming class or current students? If someone wouldn't mind DMing me, that would be great. Need to get dialed in with everything.

Accepted off the waitlist earlier this week and over the moon about it! Best wishes to those currently on waitlist still--especially those on the waitlist working on a new application etc. Kind of a tough/strange position to be in, I know.

Is there a discord for the incoming class or current students? If someone wouldn't mind DMing me, that would be great. Need to get dialed in with everything.
There's a groupme that's linked in the facebook page. You should get an email with the link to the facebook page soon if you haven't already

Link to groupme: GroupMe

Dont think theres a discord