2022-2023 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the A from the WL yesterday

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask what are your stats? What day did you interview?
I interviewed 2/24 and got waitlisted a couple weeks ago, sooo happy since this is my top choice bc it's near family! 520, ~3.8

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed 2/24 and got waitlisted a couple weeks ago, sooo happy since this is my top choice bc it's near family! 520, ~3.8
That’s awesome! Congrats! CUSM is also my top choice because of family so I’m praying to get off the WL.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to those that got off the waitlist just now. However, it feels pretty bad to see them pulling from the waitlist already when its been complete silence from them since my interview.

Feels like they are pulling from the most recent WL. Cry in Nov. WL

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else going to the VIP day tomorrow that’s on the WL?

Is anyone else going to the VIP day tomorrow that’s on the WL?
I’ll be going to VIP day tomorrow and I’m on the waitlist. The attire says business professional, do you think everyone will be in suits or just a button down?

I’ll be going to VIP day tomorrow and I’m on the waitlist. The attire says business professional, do you think everyone will be in suits or just a button down?
I went to the last one. Pretty much everyone was in full suits from what I remember.

I’ll be wearing a suit, so I hope we’re not in the minority in terms of clothing

Does anyone know if the VIP day plays a role in WL decisions? I’d love to attend but couldn’t get the day off of work :/

Does anyone know if the VIP day plays a role in WL decisions? I’d love to attend but couldn’t get the day off of work :/
Ahh that's a bummer! Honestly, I would say it's in your best interest being on the WL to go to the VIP day if you could see yourself going to CUSM. If you're accepted elsewhere you can see yourself attending, then it doesn't matter.

Ahh that's a bummer! Honestly, I would say it's in your best interest being on the WL to go to the VIP day if you could see yourself going to CUSM. If you're accepted elsewhere you can see yourself attending, then it doesn't matter.
CUSM is my top choice, I’m pretty bummed that I wont be able to check it out in person, and now also worried it could affect my decision as well. Fingers crossed I guess!

CUSM is my top choice, I’m pretty bummed that I wont be able to check it out in person, and now also worried it could affect my decision as well. Fingers crossed I guess!
Whether you can make tomorrow's VIP day or not it has no effect on your admission decision :) so no pressure if you can't make it!

Reactions: 2 users
At what time is the VIP tomorrow? I got an A, but didn't get the email which is a bit strange. I actually happen to have the day off tomorrow, so I could make it lol. hope you see this in time, if not I'll call the office tomorrow early morning

check in is at 8:30am and it ends at 2:20pm

Last edited:
Has anyone who interviewed before the new year heard anything yet? Are they going in reverse chronological order or something. This wait is killing me

Has anyone who interviewed before the new year heard anything yet? Are they going in reverse chronological order or something. This wait is killing me
Nope, I interviewed 12/16 and am WL. Haven’t heard anything since

Got off the waitlist today as well! Interviewed 4/7 and waitlisted 4/21. I did call the admissions office earlier this week to ask about what they anticipate for waitlist movement. They said that the waitlist is ranked but unfortunately they can't tell us where / how we're ranked. On the bright side, they did say that they're expecting lots of waitlist movement especially around the CTE deadline! So there's still tons of hope! Good luck to everyone here :)

Got off the waitlist today as well! Interviewed 4/7 and waitlisted 4/21. I did call the admissions office earlier this week to ask about what they anticipate for waitlist movement. They said that the waitlist is ranked but unfortunately they can't tell us where / how we're ranked. On the bright side, they did say that they're expecting lots of waitlist movement especially around the CTE deadline! So there's still tons of hope! Good luck to everyone here :)
congrats! Could I ask what your stats are?

very reluctantly withdrew my acceptance. had to make a decision in such a short amount of time cos of the pte deadline; good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 8 users
Just withdrew my A, hope one of y'all gets in! Good luck everyone

Reactions: 10 users
I interviewed 4/7 and haven't heard back while others who interviewed the same day as me or even the week after have already heard back. Has anyone tried contacting the admissions office and asked for an update, or is that frowned upon?

I interviewed 4/7 and haven't heard back while others who interviewed the same day as me or even the week after have already heard back. Has anyone tried contacting the admissions office and asked for an update, or is that frowned upon?
I also haven’t heard back and interviewed 3/24 - was wondering the same thing