2022-2023 Florida International (FIU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations. Does the portal change when u get II?

Yes! I first got an email saying they wanted to take the next step with my app then when I logged onto the portal there was space to schedule my interview

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II IS, complete 07/08

does anyone know if the interviews are traditional?

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who applied to FIU MD, did they request course syllabus for all your pre-req courses? A friend who applied to the PA program there was asked for all their syllabi. I didn't keep hardly any of mine.
Believe you can link the course descriptions from your school's online course catalog or email professors for that info.

Is the 2 science LOR a hard requirement here? Or would 1 science and 1 research / 1 letter from a MD suffice? Graduated 2020 btw

Is the 2 science LOR a hard requirement here? Or would 1 science and 1 research / 1 letter from a MD suffice? Graduated 2020 btw
I would email admissions and let them know about the circumstances

This sounds stupid but how do we know for this particular application portal format that our app is complete? Do they email us completion? When I log in, it just shows I've submitted everything. I don't see a status page like the other typical portal format for other schools has.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think on last year’s post II acceptance rate spreadsheet it was 51% for OOS applicants and slightly higher for IS applicants
do you know how accurate that spreadsheet is? on MSAR it says they had around ~4500 OOS applications last year, but the spreadsheet says ~2500 applications for OOS

Were we supposed to get an email saying that our application is complete? So far I only have the email for having completed the supplemental application and that they look forward to reviewing it soon

MS1 here

Feel free to post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer anything

Got the A today!! Did not think I would after not hearing anything Saturday

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
For those supposed to hear back on 10/18, did you guys hear anything yet??

Ahhh got the A an hour ago!!! So incredibly excited.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know if interviews are still being handed out?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, just got SDN so im sorry for not posting earlier but I got the II on 8/16 and the A on 10/17. I'm IS

For those accepted this year or previously do you know how much this school weighs being bilingual and/or from somewhere international?

I recently interviewed and realized I was the only one who did not have international decent and/or being bilingual. It makes me worried about my chances.

For those accepted this year or previously do you know how much this school weighs being bilingual and/or from somewhere international?

I recently interviewed and realized I was the only one who did not have international decent and/or being bilingual. It makes me worried about my chances.
I had neither and was accepted. I'm sure it does help if you are bilingual considering the patient population.

do we know how many II have been sent out?/ any one get an II recently?

do we know how many II have been sent out?/ any one get an II recently?

I got one Thursday 10/20 and interview 10/24. Supposed to hear back on or after 11/22.

Not sure how many already sent out. Only 10 interview on 10/24

For those that went to the Cafecito hours, we’re they chill? I’m at work so I’m only wearing scrubs. Is this appropriate or should I try to go to another one where I can dress up?