2022-2023 Florida International (FIU)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish I could pay you for it! Man, five acceptances. You did something right.
Honestly I’m just as surprised by the results of the cycle as you are. My MCAT was good but not great. But I think my experiences showed my dedication and personal statement was incredibly well written and I prepped like hell for these interviews. But I didn’t get my first interviews invites until end of November, so it’s been a wild ride. It’s not over till it’s over. Keep your head up!
 
Honestly I’m just as surprised by the results of the cycle as you are. My MCAT was good but not great. But I think my experiences showed my dedication and personal statement was incredibly well written and I prepped like hell for these interviews. But I didn’t get my first interviews invites until end of November, so it’s been a wild ride. It’s not over till it’s over. Keep your head up!
Can you please share your MCAT y GPA please? Congrats!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the class full yet? I interviewed early this month and I'm waiting on a decision. Good luck to all those waiting.
 
Don't know how accurate these are but the GroupMe has 53 members and the FIU HWCOM CO2027 Facebook group has 128 members with at least 2 being admins. It's a big difference but take these with a grain of salt.
Some of the ppl there are older students but I'm not sure how many
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Take a moment to relax and blow some steam off. Write down a plan and start working on it.
I know the feeling, it sucks, but you can't let it define you. Think about where it may have gone wrong and rectify it for the next app.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, it’s hard to accept a rejection from a goal that you were striving towards for so long, but one rejection or one bad cycle doesn’t define you. There’s always the next day to look forward to and I’m sure more opportunities will come your way!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
There’s plenty of great advice and advisors on SDN. I would definitely look into them and get further information and suggestions as I personally can testify people like Goro and Faha legitimately saved me this cycle.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone was curious. According to admissions the class is currently full and there will not be acceptances until people withdraw. Probably after April 30th.
 
Just a heads up, FIU is implementing a new curriculum this coming fall, starting with the class of 2027.
Id advise those who initially were drawn into the school because of the curriculum to read and evaluate the new one so you're not caught by surprise.

 
Just a heads up, FIU is implementing a new curriculum this coming fall, starting with the class of 2027.
Id advise those who initially were drawn into the school because of the curriculum to read and evaluate the new one so you're not caught by surprise.

This sounds like a major improvement! Thanks for sharing.