2022-2023 Florida International (FIU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those that went to the Cafecito hours, we’re they chill? I’m at work so I’m only wearing scrubs. Is this appropriate or should I try to go to another one where I can dress up?
Very informal, this should be fine

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those that went to the Cafecito hours, we’re they chill? I’m at work so I’m only wearing scrubs. Is this appropriate or should I try to go to another one where I can dress up?

What are the Cafecito hours? if you don’t mind me asking

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the II but my portal is showing no available times to chose from. Has anyone else had this problem?

Can anybody shed some light on this "portal" that keeps getting referenced? I have dug through my emails and didn't get any links that are different than the secondary app website. I was completed mid-August and just want to check my status. TIA

Does anyone have any insight on whether not sending a thank you letter would impact our decisions? I fully intended to but lost the piece of paper with the names of my interviewers, and am trying to weigh whether it is worth email FIU for the names again.

Does anyone have any insight on whether not sending a thank you letter would impact our decisions? I fully intended to but lost the piece of paper with the names of my interviewers, and am trying to weigh whether it is worth email FIU for the names again.

I mean it wouldn’t hurt you to write a thank you. If you don’t it might hurt. I know the interview staff had a list of who interviewed who so it should be easy to obtain if you just email their admit email and ask about your interview day.

For those that got an A call, when was that? Was it the day they said? Also morning, evening, whenever?

For those that got an A call, when was that? Was it the day they said? Also morning, evening, whenever?
Mine was in the morning two days after when they said. This has happened multiple times for me so I think it's because my last name is towards the end of the alphabet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was in the morning two days after when they said. This has happened multiple times for me so I think it's because my last name is towards the end of the alphabet.

Good to know so I don’t pull out my hair. Two days after the day is Thanksgiving so hopefully they only do the day of

Got the A email this morning! Interviewed 11/1

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Does FIU usually send an application complete email? I never received one, so I wonder if I should reach out to admissions to verify.

Those who completed their interview, please share your interview experience.

Those who completed their interview, please share your interview experience.

My interview experience was interesting. My student interview went great but the interview with the faculty I felt iffy about. They ask the typical questions, why medicine, why us, etc. they ask about your experiences. The reason I felt iffy about my faculty interview was the questions stopped 15 mins into the 30 mins. The remainder of the time I asked general school questions to keep the conversation going or else it would have been quite. Nonetheless overall it was good! I just used the SDN interview feedback forum to prep.

Does anyone know if there is an tour available whether virtual or in person? I can’t seem to find anything online

Any updates? There seems to be a lot less action on this thread compared to other schools.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, my stats aren't good. Had a 3.1 uGPA, <504 MCAT, but 3.7 post-bacc for 20 credits. Worked 2 full time jobs throughout undergrad. Unique family situation about being raised in foster home.
How is that not good stats…

to my understanding they're not mandatory but 1. I'd double check with the admin office and 2. I thought it was worth going to! students answered questions, it was very chill
I would love to. Only thing is getting time off due to work!

I would love to. Only thing is getting time off due to work!

I went during my lunch break at work. I didn’t stay the whole time but the time I did stay was informative. I wore scrubs. 50/50 mix of people either wearing work clothes at work vs people dressed professionally.

They will tell you a date that you will hear “on or after”. Mine was about 4 weeks and they told me day of at noonish
did you end up hearing back the day of or a few days later? I'm waiting rn cuz they told me dec 20th