2022-2023 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Isn’t it just the back side lol
And front, whole arm, respiratory and cardiovascular

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Aight guys, the ADCOM meets in the morning. I wish everyone that has interviewed the best! Keep an ear out for that phonecall!

Members don't see this ad :)
R. Seems my reading of the interview was correct.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
onto the next! keep your head up
Just a heads up to everybody interviewing. If they ask you about why you dropped a class don't say "I didn't vibe with the professor and it was an elective, so I decided to drop it." If that wasn't it, I'm not sure what was.

Reactions: 1 users
Just a heads up to everybody interviewing. If they ask you about why you dropped a class don't say "I didn't vibe with the professor and it was an elective, so I decided to drop it." If that wasn't it, I'm not sure what was.
Haha yeah that is not a good answer. At least you were honest.

Haha yeah that is not a good answer. At least you were honest.
Yeah...I'm not sure how to put "the professor was a toxic jerk and it was an elective, so I was sick of his crap and dropped it" any more nicely.

I was not prepared to answer this question. Literally never even thought about it. I had much more concerning holes in my academic record than this. "Why did you take two years off of school?" "Why did you transfer from your larger college to a smaller community college to finish your degree?" "Why did you major in biology?" "Why were you only a part time student the last year of your college education?" But no, my interviewer decided to focus on me dropping an elective course while I was working 40 hours a week. Ok. Whatever.

Sorry to rant. Just a little bitter about how my interview went. Nothing to change now. Best of luck to you all.

• Care
Yeah...I'm not sure how to put "the professor was a toxic jerk and it was an elective, so I was sick of his crap and dropped it" any more nicely.

I was not prepared to answer this question. Literally never even thought about it. I had much more concerning holes in my academic record than this. "Why did you take two years off of school?" "Why did you transfer from your larger college to a smaller community college to finish your degree?" "Why did you major in biology?" "Why were you only a part time student the last year of your college education?" But no, my interviewer decided to focus on me dropping an elective course while I was working 40 hours a week. Ok. Whatever.

Sorry to rant. Just a little bitter about how my interview went. Nothing to change now. Best of luck to you all.
Just a friendly piece of advice that the physicians I’ve worked with have passed onto me. You never pass the blame onto someone else whether that be in academia or medicine with a professor/physician etc. your response should have been something along the lines off that you dropped the course due to the learning style that you employ not meshing well with the curriculum of the course etc. obviously I don’t know your circumstances but a response like that maybe would’ve flown!

Reactions: 4 users
How much should I be aiming to write for each secondary prompt?

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I’m pretty sure mine were 500 words max. Probably less. Don’t do too much.

I submitted 7/12, interviewed 8/30, and got accepted 9/9!
I'm IS and this is my first acceptance, so I'm excited :)

How does this school view OOS (TX) applicants? I already have two interviews lined up but I'm not sure if it's worth applying?
This is super late but I'm a current student and also from TX! Sub 3.5 GPA, 510 MCAT.

Unfortunately, had a not-so-great interview experience here recently. The introductory presenters were great and inspirational, honestly, but one of my interviewers was not friendly at all. Didn't really seem interested in what I had to say and gave terse responses to my answers, just not conversational. I felt like I was trying to keep the topic going but they would just move on

None of the questions they asked me were hard but at times they did seem to pick at small parts of my story (maybe it was my fault for including them in my app then LOL)

Anyway, most people seem to have a positive experience here so maybe I was just too nervous or didn't vibe as well with my interviewer. Don't feel good at all about it

• Care
Unfortunately, had a not-so-great interview experience here recently. The introductory presenters were great and inspirational, honestly, but one of my interviewers was not friendly at all. Didn't really seem interested in what I had to say and gave terse responses to my answers, just not conversational. I felt like I was trying to keep the topic going but they would just move on

None of the questions they asked me were hard but at times they did seem to pick at small parts of my story (maybe it was my fault for including them in my app then LOL)

Anyway, most people seem to have a positive experience here so maybe I was just too nervous or didn't vibe as well with my interviewer. Don't feel good at all about it
My interview with them was very similar. You'll have to look back a bit for my original post on it. No real points taken from my application. Very generic. Very hostile.

I interviewed with ICOM this morning; really good experience! I was really inspired by the introductory stuff like others, but also felt good about my interviewers. Relatively easy questions, and very conversational. This was my first interview experience, and I left feeling pretty great honestly. I hope my impression was correct! My cohort will hear back Sept 30th

DM me - who were your interviewers?

A Today.

I can hardly believe it. I'm going to be a doctor.

Reactions: 10 users
For current students - do you know how much of a disadvantage it puts me to remain on hold until February if I am retaking my MCAT in January? My score is below 500 so I'm risking not receiving a secondary, but I wonder if it's worse to wait until early 2023 or if that gives me a better chance.

For current students - do you know how much of a disadvantage it puts me to remain on hold until February if I am retaking my MCAT in January? My score is below 500 so I'm risking not receiving a secondary, but I wonder if it's worse to wait until early 2023 or if that gives me a better chance.
From what I've read and what is on their website they do interviews till April.

Having said that I've read on past threads that the class gets pretty full by November and most interviews after that still have A's but start to push towards WL spots. They don't look like they've changed anything from previous cycles and are interviewing early and sending out decisions early as well.

I've also read that there is significant WL movement at this school. If nothing has changed from previous cycles and you are placed on the WL you get ranked in categories with descriptors like "Highest High", "High" and so and and so forth. Previous cycles showed they got through the first three category rankings before school started.

Every cycle is different though, so who knows, but I think the general consensus is to apply as early as possible. Best of luck with the MCAT, study hard, you'll kill it.

If you apply rn and do not receive a secondary, you can update your MCAT score later and let them know and I am pretty certain that they will send you a secondary then.

I still have not received a secondary from ICOM. I got the 2-4 week turn around email on july 20. Should i email them and ask or what? my stats are above their average so its not a stats issue.

Well if anyone else interviewed 9/21 tomorrow is decision day. Best of luck!! Trying to not think about it!

Got the call!! So happy I'm shaking :D
It's 9:30am...I'm supposed to hear back today😅, what time did you and another accepted people get their calls? And likewise what time of day did the R emails come?

It's 9:30am...I'm supposed to hear back today😅, what time did you and another accepted people get their calls? And likewise what time of day did the R emails come?
I believe they call around 11:00 AM MDT. Give or take 30 min. You should hear back soon. Phone number was listed as IDAHO when they called me. I sprinted out of my work place to pick it up. Regardless they'll leave you a voicemail, and I've read in previous threads some people just got an email with no phone call for acceptances.

I believe they call around 11:00 AM MDT. Give or take 30 min. You should hear back soon. Phone number was listed as IDAHO when they called me. I sprinted out of my work place to pick it up. Regardless they'll leave you a voicemail, and I've read in previous threads some people just got an email with no phone call for acceptances.
Thanks!!

Well you called it iDoctel...I got the call at 11:17 MT time today! My first A!

Well you called it iDoctel...I got the call at 11:17 MT time today! My first A!
Congratulations! Celebrations fellow student doctor.

I'm strongly leaning towards this school. If I could get a confirmation of federal aid it would be a no brainer for me. Students all seem to be happy with it, they've had good success with the first graduating class and the school admin seems to have everything in order.

Seems like there were some concerns about this school voiced by other members in past years, but it looks like they've all been pretty much debunked.

Finally got a secondary this morning after submitting primary first week of September

Just got the "we have completed the final review of your application" email. Is this a good sign or normal to get?

Just got the "we have completed the final review of your application" email. Is this a good sign or normal to get?
I got that email on 8/26 and have not heard anything since lol. No idea if it's good or bad

• Wow
Anyone know the post interview acceptance rate for ICOM??