You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Louisville
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
rapidfinch103
Full Member
You're invited to my new group 'University of Louisville SOM class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMeIs there an accepted students groupchat?
AugustusGloop
Full Member
Are we going to hear about the Waitlist rankings today or is that not until April?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is my understanding that they won't tell you where you are ranked and that you will only be notified if you are selected to come off the WLAre we going to hear about the Waitlist rankings today or is that not until April?
AugustusGloop
Full Member
Are we allowed to ask for our rank on the WL?It is my understanding that they won't tell you where you are ranked and that you will only be notified if you are selected to come off the WL
I don’t think so.Are we allowed to ask for our rank on the WL?
cuterusmedic23
Full Member
It is my understanding that the adcom will meet for the last time March 28th. They are discussing all applicants on the waitlist this month and then ranking them. I think if you are no longer chosen to be on the waitlist, then you are notified. If you stay on the waitlist, I do not believe that they notify you of that or of where you are on the waitlist. Just continued limbo until April, May, June...
Madness. I think they stopped telling you which “third” of the waitlist you placed in around 2018.It is my understanding that the adcom will meet for the last time March 28th. They are discussing all applicants on the waitlist this month and then ranking them. I think if you are no longer chosen to be on the waitlist, then you are notified. If you stay on the waitlist, I do not believe that they notify you of that or of where you are on the waitlist. Just continued limbo until April, May, June...
cuterusmedic23
Full Member
Since the last adcom meeting was yesterday, does anyone have any ideas how quickly we are notified if removed from the WL?
May from what I’ve heard and read. I’d love to be corrected if wrong though
Fredy Calderon Jr.
Full Member
You think that we will be notified if we do not get taken off the list?May from what I’ve heard and read. I’d love to be corrected if wrong though
felinedragon
Full Member
Email for the waitlisters today scared the hell out of me XD
Fredy Calderon Jr.
Full Member
Hey! I also did receive that same email, do you think that this email was sent to those that will remain on the waitlist? Or what does it exactly mean?Email for the waitlisters today scared the hell out of me XD
Fredy Calderon Jr.
Full Member
Meaning if we got the email we made it to the second round of waitlist considering?It seems as though the email is for all still considered on the waitlist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not familiar with there being multiple rounds of waitlists. Rather, once you are notified of your status on the waitlist, you are on the waitlist indefinitely.Meaning if we got the email we made it to the second round of waitlist considering?
The email states that the first round of notifications is the 1st week of May, and so I would imagine if you got this notification then you are indeed considered still on the waitlist.
felinedragon
Full Member
I have a feeling that a lot of people were emailing louisville with update letters and this was them saying "stop emailing us. If you're on the waitlist we won't contact you until the first week of May at the earlist."Hey! I also did receive that same email, do you think that this email was sent to those that will remain on the waitlist? Or what does it exactly mean?
So I think everyone on the waitlist received the email
Where do you get “second round” fromMeaning if we got the email we made it to the second round of waitlist considering?
A population of applicants that were waitlisted likely did not remain on the waitlist after further review and “ranking”Where do you get “second round” from
That’s a thing? Louisville actually cuts people from the waitlist? I thought you only get “cut” when the class is full after they finish pulling from the waitlistA population of applicants that were waitlisted likely did not remain on the waitlist after further review and “ranking”
Fredy Calderon Jr.
Full Member
That’s what I was thinking?? I this accurate though?A population of applicants that were waitlisted likely did not remain on the waitlist after further review and “ranking”
Two more weeks y’all. We got this.
Just withdrew my A, sending good luck to all on WL!!!
IS or OOSJust withdrew my A, sending good luck to all on WL!!!
IS or OOS
OOS w strong ties
cuterusmedic23
Full Member
This was my thought as well..I have a feeling that a lot of people were emailing louisville with update letters and this was them saying "stop emailing us. If you're on the waitlist we won't contact you until the first week of May at the earlist."
So I think everyone on the waitlist received the email
Withdrawing my IS A here. I hope it goes to one of you lovely people. ULSOM is a great school 😊
withdrew OOS A good luck!
Got the A. IS Student
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cuterusmedic23
Full Member
Accepted today! IS. Accepted student group me link?
Fredy Calderon Jr.
Full Member
Is there a lot of movement from the waitlist, do you think?
severus_snape394
New Member
IS acceptance today at 4:40! So excited! Good luck to everyone and hoping there’s more waitlist movement !!
strawberry980
Full Member
Forgot to mention that I withdrew my A on Monday (IS) - good luck to everyone on the WL!
strawberry980
Full Member
I also had a scholarship offer from Louisville so hopefully one of you will get it!Forgot to mention that I withdrew my A on Monday (IS) - good luck to everyone on the WL!
premed2223
Full Member
Do you think there will be more IS waitlist movement this week?
Well there have been acceptances sent out on both Monday and Tuesday. As of 5/1/23, the commit to enroll option has only just become available. Not everyone is going to commit as soon as it’s available due to people waiting on other waitlist offers or considering other acceptances. No one has to commit (thus opening up a spot to a waitlister) until 7/3/23.
felinedragon
Full Member
Accepted to Louisville medical school of the WL at 4:35 pm today!! They called me at 4:50 to let me know and I'm dizzy from jumping up and down (sorry downstairs neighbors lol).
I'm OOS but moved to Louisville in August, after which I applied to the school. Received an interview invite 10/21, interviewed 11/15, got waitlisted 12/14. I'm ORM and URM - white but I'm transgender.
Stats: First application cycle, graduated 2022, GPA 3.63, sGPA 3.41. Only about 100 hours of shadowing but I started scribing full-time as soon as I graduated college. Worked at the NIH for two years in high school and 1 year in college and some library research in my senior year of college.
I'm totally infodumping because this is my first A and I'm going crazy and somehow I'm supposed to keep working like nothing happened!!! DM me if you want any more info or whatever. I am praying for everyone may my good vibes rub off on you, this whole process is so ****ty and bad if you're struggling it's not your fault it's the ADCOM's <3
I'm OOS but moved to Louisville in August, after which I applied to the school. Received an interview invite 10/21, interviewed 11/15, got waitlisted 12/14. I'm ORM and URM - white but I'm transgender.
Stats: First application cycle, graduated 2022, GPA 3.63, sGPA 3.41. Only about 100 hours of shadowing but I started scribing full-time as soon as I graduated college. Worked at the NIH for two years in high school and 1 year in college and some library research in my senior year of college.
I'm totally infodumping because this is my first A and I'm going crazy and somehow I'm supposed to keep working like nothing happened!!! DM me if you want any more info or whatever. I am praying for everyone may my good vibes rub off on you, this whole process is so ****ty and bad if you're struggling it's not your fault it's the ADCOM's <3
So folks, 4:30-5p every day is when to expect something
felinedragon
Full Member
Yup, on the phone they said that they tend to send correspondence at the end of the daySo folks, 4:30-5p every day is when to expect something
Could be OOS or IS on any day or are some days for IS and others for OOS?Yup, on the phone they said that they tend to send correspondence at the end of the day
felinedragon
Full Member
They didn't say, sorry!Could be OOS or IS on any day or are some days for IS and others for OOS?
premed2223
Full Member
What does the email they just sent mean?🥲does that mean they’ve already sent out all first round offers?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fredy Calderon Jr.
Full Member
How do we know when each round of waitlist offers take place?What does the email they just sent mean?🥲does that mean they’ve already sent out all first round offers?
I assume more offers could be out by 5 today
premed2223
Full Member
I’m not sure I just remember they said that they were going to send out first round of offers the first week of May🙁How do we know when each round of waitlist offers take place?
Let’s hope something happens in a few hours here
premed2223
Full Member
any updates? 🙁