2022-2023 Carle-Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A this morning, complete 7/27 showcase 10/17, LM 72, CS major. Good luck to everyone still waiting~~

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
R from Carle-Illinois just now. Submitted 8/13, OOS, ORM, LM 70, LM 71, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Major. They have the shortest Rejection letter I've seen from a med school before. I got really happy and really depressed in a short amount of time. That's the effect this R letter had on me.

"Thank you for considering Carle Illinois College of Medicine. We were thrilled with the quality of portfolios and overall applications we received. We are most grateful to you for participating in our unique application process for the world’s first engineering infused college of medicine. Our admissions committee has made decisions and we regret that we are not able to offer you a place in our class matriculating July of 2023.

We hope your medical school application process is proceeding well and wish you every success in your career.”
Just got the same email. Sad day indeed

• Care
I wonder what this means for those of us who didn’t receive an update

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder what this means for those of us who didn’t receive an update
During my staff showcase, they said they were anticipating having everyone scored by 3/10, so it's possible we haven't been scored yet if that timeline's still true

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted just now. Showcase invite 12/17. Does anyone know if there is waitlist movement at Carle?
Obviously this is only anecdotal evidence, but at my showcase I asked about it and the admissions counselor said there is definitely reason to have hope on the waitlist. She didn't have stats bc the school is so new but said that they had pulled folks from the waitlist every year, and try to keep the waitlist relatively short. Essentially, it's not a soft R.

Also to add to the pool of folks still waiting, I got my invite 12/19, did my showcase on feb 7, still no news.

Reactions: 6 users
Huge congrats to those who received an acceptance! Here is a prayer of solidarity that those still without news will receive it soon, and that the email be favorable.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
2nd look email received 2 days ago

hopefully you get that A soon! did you get an email or did you just check the portal?
Email saying portal update. Good luck to you and everyone else too 😭. Waitlist decisions released around May and there is reason to hope?

Email saying portal update. Good luck to you and everyone else too 😭. Waitlist decisions released around May and there is reason to hope?
Hopefully you’ll get an A soon! Fingers crossed!!
Would you mind sharing when was your secondary submitted and when did you received the showcase invite?
Thanks!

Hopefully you’ll get an A soon! Fingers crossed!!
Would you mind sharing when was your secondary submitted and when did you received the showcase invite?
Thanks!
I think I submitted around August 10, showcase the 7th.

Very weird feeling to not be accepted, waitlisted or rejected at this point. I'm hoping this means good things? It feels too long to be accepted and it also feels like I would have been waitlisted or rejected by now as well. Especially since they don't do interviews and presumably don't have quite as much subjective determination to do on applicants. Maybe I'm reading too much into it....

Reactions: 2 users
Very weird feeling to not be accepted, waitlisted or rejected at this point. I'm hoping this means good things? It feels too long to be accepted and it also feels like I would have been waitlisted or rejected by now as well. Especially since they don't do interviews and presumably don't have quite as much subjective determination to do on applicants. Maybe I'm reading too much into it....

this is how i feel too :/ i dont want to have too much hope but then again i feel like they would’ve rejected me by now. based on last years threads they sent out a wave of acceptances and waitlists on the wednesday before march 15. sooo fingers crossed

Hey peeps, hoping we all make it Wednesday 🙏🙏 Best of luck y'all

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
A this morning!!! Best of luck to the rest of you waiting, keep your heads up :). This is my first A of the cycle and it came as a pleasant surprise! I have a BS in neuroscience and MS in biology with lots of lab/research experience.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
A this morning!!! Best of luck to the rest of you waiting, keep your heads up :). This is my first A of the cycle and it came as a pleasant surprise! I have a BS in neuroscience and MS in biology with lots of lab/research experience.
Congrats! Were you previously waitlisted? Also, I am wondering if they have offered/sent the full class (64) of acceptances yet.

For anyone looking for some more insight on the timeline, I sent an email on Friday asking when we should hear back about results. Here was the response this morning:
"We are getting close. We had a big meeting last Friday. Now we need to do a little work on some numbers."

• Love
For anyone looking for some more insight on the timeline, I sent an email on Friday asking when we should hear back about results. Here was the response this morning:
"We are getting close. We had a big meeting last Friday. Now we need to do a little work on some numbers."

Thanks for asking! I’m glad they are being transparent about their timeline. Hopefully we all get some news soon.

Its also interesting seeing them send WLs so early (starting from 02/22 and a few weekly) compared to previous cycles

Waitlisted here as well, please waitlist gods, make something happen...

Thank you all for sharing. Congrats to those accepted and crossing my fingers for you all to come off the waitlist with an A.

I’m still waiting to hear back 🤞🏻

anyone know what’s going on with the accreditation ? have they been granted full accreditation yet?

Last edited:
I emailed the Admissions office yesterday. They are hoping to have final decisions out to everyone by next week. 🤞🏻

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone still waiting to hear back (A/WL/R)? Not sure if it's a good or bad sign