2022-2023 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @CoolGuyWow for sharing this year's questions!
(Be sure to read about those special tracks on their website before you decide to apply to one! wysdoc)

Prompts: Everyone:
Please do not repeat content from your AMCAS personal statement in these essays. To the extent that there is overlap in the personal statement to what you want to write here, please choose a different approach to discussing the issue(s), such as influence on your values and beliefs, changes you made in your life, reflections that are from a different perspective. The committee utilizes this important information in the selection process.

1. The pillars of our curriculum are Leadership, Curiosity, and Commitment. Tell us about how you have embodied one or more of these attributes in your path to medicine thus far. In which of these areas do you see the most opportunity for personal growth and why? Limit this response to 500 words.

2. Reapplicant to Colorado:
Please explain how you and your application has changed since your previous submission. (Limit this response to 1500 Characters.)

3. Fort Collins Track:
Please tell us why you are interested in being a part of the 4-year CUSOM at CSU (Fort Collins Branch campus)? With the background that FCB’s smaller class sizes and unique structure lead to a highly interactive curriculum, please tell us how this campus matches your learning style and personal philosophy. (Limit your statement to 1500 characters, including spaces (approximately 300 words).

4. Rural Track:
Describe your personal and professional goals in becoming a rural physician. In particular, describe your interest and ability to spend your clinical year in a rural community. You may also include how past experiences living and/or working in a rural area and your ties to or interest in rural Colorado communities aligns with your goals. (Limit your statement to 1500 characters, including spaces (approximately 300 words).

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
secondaries anyone?
None yet I'm guessing. Judging by the past cycle's Colorado thread, it looks like they send out secondaries closer to the last third or so of July.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Still nothing? Their website says that July 11th is the first day to fill out secondaries so I assumed they would started sending them out then.

Still waiting, in-state and work on campus.

OOS received too.
@wysdoc
Prompts:
Everyone:
Please do not repeat content from your AMCAS personal statement in these essays. To the extent that there is overlap in the personal statement to what you want to write here, please choose a different approach to discussing the issue(s), such as influence on your values and beliefs, changes you made in your life, reflections that are from a different perspective. The committee utilizes this important information in the selection process.
The pillars of our curriculum are Leadership, Curiosity, and Commitment. Tell us about how you have embodied one or more of these attributes in your path to medicine thus far. In which of these areas do you see the most opportunity for personal growth and why? Limit this response to 500 words.

Reaplicant to Colorado:
Please explain how you and your application has changed since your previous submission. Limit this response to 1500 Characters.

Fort Collins Track:
Please tell us why you are interested in being a part of the 4-year CUSOM at CSU (Fort Collins Branch campus)? With the background that FCB’s smaller class sizes and unique structure lead to a highly interactive curriculum, please tell us how this campus matches your learning style and personal philosophy. Limit your statement to 1500 characters, including spaces (approximately 300 words).

Rural Track:
Describe your personal and professional goals in becoming a rural physician. In particular, describe your interest and ability to spend your clinical year in a rural community. You may also include how past experiences living and/or working in a rural area and your ties to or interest in rural Colorado communities aligns with your goals. Limit your statement to 1500 characters, including spaces (approximately 300 words).

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS secondary received July 20, 2022 at 6:07pm MST.

Last edited:
Secondary received 7/20/2022. I have taken Casper/Duet in early Jul but not Snapshot. Not sure to apply to his college since I did not take Casper Snapshot...Is it OK to apply if I take Snapshot in Aug? Because very busy now with other secondaries that are due....and can't spend time to prepare for Snapshot now.

Secondary received 7/20/2022. I have taken Casper/Duet in early Jul but not Snapshot. Not sure to apply to his college since I did not take Casper Snapshot...Is it OK to apply if I take Snapshot in Aug? Because very busy now with other secondaries that are due....and can't spend time to prepare for Snapshot now.
FYI snapshot does not require any preparation really. It is 3 interview style questions (random) and doesn't take long to complete.

FYI snapshot does not require any preparation really. It is 3 interview style questions (random) and doesn't take long to complete.
Thanks. But is it ok to take after few weeks of taking Casper? The website suggests to take Snapshot within 2 weeks.

IS, still waiting on secondary 🥲

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks. But is it ok to take after few weeks of taking Casper? The website suggests to take Snapshot within 2 weeks.
I am in the same boat. I was waiting to do Snapshot until I got this secondary, as Colorado is the only school on my list that requires it. I think it's totally fine to do now.

Reactions: 1 users
Does Colorado have some screening process?

Allegedly send out secondaries to 2/3 of applicants. Absolutely cannot verify this though.
Damn that's weird, I am OOS and was transmitted the day the cycle opened but haven't gotten anything yet

Anyone else's casper not showing as received? Do I need to just give it a couple days

OOS secondary received this morning! Verified 6/7

I am trying to submit my secondary application to CU but it won't let me pay the fee, is anyone else experiencing this?!!! Has anyone figured out a work around?

1658591818857.png

I get the same message and haven't been able to figure out a workaround, unfortunately :'(
It should be up and going tomorrow...I work for the university and we were warned vaguely about maintenance on 7/23. I didn't think it would impact secondary payment though!

It should be up and going tomorrow...I work for the university and we were warned vaguely about maintenance on 7/23. I didn't think it would impact secondary payment though!
I tried again a few minutes ago, and it seems to be working now! I was able to pay for and submit my secondary

Hi, the Casper scores are not showing up. Is there anything we have to do? Thank you

Hi, the Casper scores are not showing up. Is there anything we have to do? Thank
That I don't know about, you should reach out to them. In my prior comment I meant that all university employees received a general warning some portals would be down 7/23 and I was wondering if that was connected to issues with others paying the secondary fees. My current position is within the university clinics / research, not admissions.

Do we know if all schools will see our snapshot and duets? I'm afraid that if I do poorly, other schools will see it and will influence their decision
I'm honestly so stressed about this very thing and have been putting off doing them for so long now.

That I don't know about, you should reach out to them. In my prior comment I meant that all university employees received a general warning some portals would be down 7/23 and I was wondering if that was connected to issues with others paying the secondary fees. My current position is within the university clinics / research, not admissions.
Ok. Thank you

Hey, current MS1 (still in orientation) here. Just wanted to wish everyone good luck and answer any questions you might've had about last year's admissions process.

My first bit of info is that don't worry about the worry about hitting the word count on the "three pillars" question - I only went to half of the words last year and many of my peers did the same.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else having trouble with Colorado receiving their Casper scores? Submitted yesterday but they still haven't received them while every other school has.

IS secondary received a few minutes ago.

I submitted Colorado on 07/23 and in my portal, everything including CASPer is marked "complete" or "received." The last box, though, still says my "application is incomplete."

Should I reach out to them via email? I'm not sure why the whole thing would be incomplete when every other element is specified to have been received.

I submitted Colorado on 07/23 and in my portal, everything including CASPer is marked "complete" or "received." The last box, though, still says my "application is incomplete."

Should I reach out to them via email? I'm not sure why the whole thing would be incomplete when every other element is specified to have been received.
I'm having the same issue (submitted 07/24 with everything else checked off, application still says incomplete). For me, I believe it was because I took Duet/Snapshot fairly late after Casper, so I'm thinking they might have not pulled the results yet? Planning on reaching out after a few more days if the portal still hasn't updated.