2022-2023 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm having the same issue (submitted 07/24 with everything else checked off, application still says incomplete). For me, I believe it was because I took Duet/Snapshot fairly late after Casper, so I'm thinking they might have not pulled the results yet? Planning on reaching out after a few more days if the portal still hasn't updated.
That might actually be the same for me. I thought that Duet and Snapshot were like optional follow-ups so I neglected to do them until like... this Monday when I took the actual test on 06/16. Hope it all goes through ASAP!

And will definitely reach out to them if it doesn't change soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted Colorado on 07/23 and in my portal, everything including CASPer is marked "complete" or "received." The last box, though, still says my "application is incomplete."

Should I reach out to them via email? I'm not sure why the whole thing would be incomplete when every other element is specified to have been received.
Did you do every element of Altus? Snapshot and duet? That’s the only thing I could think. If that’s not it, I would email.

I never did snapshot but I was just marked as complete and my Casper section on the portal says complete… I’m assuming I still definitely have to do snapshot?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that seems to be the case. I admit I saw that specific instruction in the secondary invitation email and just kinda thought “we’ll see.”

Now I’m seeing, and I think it must be done.

I submitted Colorado on 07/23 and in my portal, everything including CASPer is marked "complete" or "received." The last box, though, still says my "application is incomplete."

Should I reach out to them via email? I'm not sure why the whole thing would be incomplete when every other element is specified to have been received.
the same thing is also happening to me! let me know if you find anything out!

I submitted mine 5 days ago and it still says incomplete under Casper :/
So looks like it can take 7-14 business days for this to process (based on other schools). I emailed them regardless and will update you if they give me any other info.

Reactions: 1 users
Just found something interesting on their website, stats from last year:
  • Primary Applications: 10,897
  • Secondary Applications: 5,663
  • Interviewed Applicants: 723
  • Total Acceptance Offers: 303
I know not everyone fills out all their secondaries, but I think they don't necessarily send them to everyone.

As someone that just got the secondary, this gives me a tiny bit of hope.

Just found something interesting on their website, stats from last year:
  • Primary Applications: 10,897
  • Secondary Applications: 5,663
  • Interviewed Applicants: 723
  • Total Acceptance Offers: 303
I know not everyone fills out all their secondaries, but I think they don't necessarily send them to everyone.
Likely because so many people end up not being completed because of missing requirements (not doing snapshot/duet, missing course prerequisites, wrong LOR, etc..)

Likely because so many people end up not being completed because of missing requirements (not doing snapshot/duet, missing course prerequisites, wrong LOR, etc..)
I really don't think that this is the case for all 5000 of those people

For the question, "was your primary childhood residence in a rural community," what do you all think this age range is? I grew up in a rural community until I was 6 and then moved to a huge suburban county

For the question, "was your primary childhood residence in a rural community," what do you all think this age range is? I grew up in a rural community until I was 6 and then moved to a huge suburban county
"Childhood" on AMCAS is defined as 0-18, so interpret that as you will. You can also look on your AMCAS application to see if your current residence is actually defined as rural with the (R) next to it.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Childhood" on AMCAS is defined as 0-18, so interpret that as you will. You can also look on your AMCAS application to see if your current residence is actually defined as rural with the (R) next to it.
Oop, I didn't know that. Thank you!

Would it be beneficial for a low stats applicant to apply to the Ft. Collins track? I'm also a big national park person so being close to Rockly Mtn would be awesome.

Would it be beneficial for a low stats applicant to apply to the Ft. Collins track? I'm also a big national park person so being close to Rockly Mtn would be awesome.
Have you been involved with rural work? I believe it is a rural program

I threw my hat in the ring for Fort Collins because I’m from a rural state, love the small cohort, and think that FC would be a cool place to live. I like that the curriculum is modeled on the terrain itself and imagine it would be a great place to foster my Family Medicine ambitions.

I didn’t check to see if it was more or less competitive than the main cohort, but it doesn’t affect your chances of admission to the CUSOM MD program either way. Might just be a lottery system for who gets to go. If it sounds cool to you, you should apply!

• Love
the same thing is also happening to me! let me know if you find anything out!

I got an email back today!

It essentially said there was an error on their part with receiving CASPER data, they’re aware of it, and they’re trying to fix it ASAP. There wasn’t anything they said I needed to do, so I think we’re all right!

Reactions: 2 users
Application is complete. Received email around 10pm last night.

Hi! I have not done snapshot and I was marked complete is this okay?

For the question that talks about the pillars of the curriculum, in which it then goes on to state "Tell us about how you have embodied one or more of these attributes in your path to medicine thus far," does this mean we can only talk about the activities we have pursued related to medicine? E.g. scribing, volunteering, etc. Or can we talk about other activities we have participated in, such as in my case I started a business and charity?

I appreciate any input.

When I applied last year I talked about a non-medical activity (sports team I was in)

Has anyone not received a secondary yet? My app was processed on 7/21 and I am IS with heavy ties to the campus. Curious to know what the screening consists of. Starting to get a bit worried as this is my only in-state school.

Has anyone not received a secondary yet? My app was processed on 7/21 and I am IS with heavy ties to the campus. Curious to know what the screening consists of. Starting to get a bit worried as this is my only in-state school.
It took a really long time for me to get the secondary and I was verified first day, I would just keep waiting a bit

For the data lovers out there, I gathered this info from past SDN threads and Colorado's website. Enjoy!

First reported IIs by cycle:
2018-2019: 8/29/18
2019-2020: 8/23/19
2020-2021: 9/4/20
2021-2022: 9/1/21

2020-2021 Cycle Interview DatesDate of Interview Results
9/25/20 (Friday)10/16/20 (Friday)
10/9/20 (Friday)10/26/20 (Monday)
10/23/20 (Friday)11/6/20 (Friday)
11/6/20 (Friday)11/20/20 (Friday)
11/20/20 (Friday)12/14/20 (Monday)
12/11/20 (Friday)1/8/21 (Friday)
1/8/21 (Friday)1/27/21 (Wednesday)
1/22/21 (Friday)2/5/21 (Friday)
2/5/21 (Friday)2/25/21 (Thursday)
2/19/21 (Friday)3/6/21 (Monday)
3/5/21 (Friday)3/19/21 (Friday)

2021-2022 Cycle Interview DatesDate of Interview Results
9/17/21 (Friday)10/15/21 (Friday)
10/1/21 (Friday)10/25/21 (Monday)
10/29/21 (Friday)11/11/21 (Thursday)
11/5/21 (Friday)12/1/21 (Wednesday)
11/19/21 (Friday)12/8/21 (Wednesday)
12/3/21 (Friday)12/20/21 (Monday)
12/17/21 (Friday)1/19/22 (Wednesday)
1/14/22 (Friday)2/10/22 (Thursday)
2/11/22 (Friday)2/24/22 (Thursday)
2/25/22 (Friday)3/7/22 (Monday)

JUNE 2020
Primary applications: 10,431
Secondary applications: 7,282
Interviewed applicants: 706
Acceptance offers: 306

JUNE 2021
Primary applications: 14,106
Secondary applications: 8,549
Interviewed applicants: 739
Acceptance offers: 327

MARCH 2022
Primary applications: 10,897
Secondary applications: 5,663
Interviewed applicants: 723
Acceptance offers: 303

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
For the data lovers out there, I gathered this info from past SDN threads and Colorado's website. Enjoy!

First reported IIs by cycle:
2018-2019: 8/29/18
2019-2020: 8/23/19
2020-2021: 9/4/20
2021-2022: 9/1/21

2019-2020 Cycle Interview DatesDate of Interview Results
9/25/20 (Friday)10/16/20 (Friday)
10/9/20 (Friday)10/26/20 (Monday)
10/23/20 (Friday)11/6/20 (Friday)
11/6/20 (Friday)11/20/20 (Friday)
11/20/20 (Friday)12/14/20 (Monday)
12/11/20 (Friday)1/8/21 (Friday)
1/8/21 (Friday)1/27/21 (Wednesday)
1/22/21 (Friday)2/5/21 (Friday)
2/5/21 (Friday)2/25/21 (Thursday)
2/19/21 (Friday)3/6/21 (Monday)
3/5/21 (Friday)3/19/21 (Friday)

2020-2021 Cycle Interview DatesDate of Interview Results
9/17/21 (Friday)10/15/21 (Friday)
10/1/21 (Friday)10/25/21 (Monday)
10/29/21 (Friday)11/11/21 (Thursday)
11/5/21 (Friday)12/1/21 (Wednesday)
11/19/21 (Friday)12/8/21 (Wednesday)
12/3/21 (Friday)12/20/21 (Monday)
12/17/21 (Friday)1/19/22 (Wednesday)
1/14/22 (Friday)2/10/22 (Thursday)
2/11/22 (Friday)2/24/22 (Thursday)
2/25/22 (Friday)3/7/22 (Monday)

JUNE 2020
Primary applications: 10,431
Secondary applications: 7,282
Interviewed applicants: 706
Acceptance offers: 306

JUNE 2021
Primary applications: 14,106
Secondary applications: 8,549
Interviewed applicants: 739
Acceptance offers: 327

MARCH 2022
Primary applications: 10,897
Secondary applications: 5,663
Interviewed applicants: 723
Acceptance offers: 303
Wow, huge jump in primaries in 2021

No because it is so competitive, only 12 spots for 10,000 applicants. Also it isn't much (if at all) farther from Rocky Mountain National Park than Denver

No because it is so competitive, only 12 spots for 10,000 applicants. Also it isn't much (if at all) farther from Rocky Mountain National Park than Denver
Does fort collins get 10,000 applicants? I’m assuming most people who apply CU don’t also do fort collins but afaik they don’t put out the data on the individual tracks

Does fort collins get 10,000 applicants? I’m assuming most people who apply CU don’t also do fort collins but afaik they don’t put out the data on the individual tracks

The application says choosing Ft. collins or the rural track doesn’t affect your chances of admission to CUSOM, unless that’s changed since I last looked.

I added Ft. Collins because I would LOVE to be out there, but that doesn’t preclude me from ending up on the main campus. Or someone correct me if I’m wrong!

To my knowledge, applying to Ft. Collins does not affect your chances. In fact, at least for my class, you have to apply to the Ft. Collins branch after you're accepted.

Received "Application Complete" email this morning. It says my application is now under review, but I haven't completed Snapshot. Does this imply it's not necessary?

Received "Application Complete" email this morning. It says my application is now under review, but I haven't completed Snapshot. Does this imply it's not necessary?
Others have contacted the adcom by email and reported back in this thread that it is necessary even through checkmarks are present after you complete your application. I wouldn't risk it.

How long did it take you guys to get marked as complete? Submitted 2 weeks ago but still not marked complete. Maybe because I haven't done Duet and Snapshot yet? Although some people are reporting being marked complete even without snapshot

How long did it take you guys to get marked as complete? Submitted 2 weeks ago but still not marked complete. Maybe because I haven't done Duet and Snapshot yet? Although some people are reporting being marked complete even without snapshot
I got marked complete the next business day after completing duet and snapshot. Those are required even if the system marks you as complete otherwise

I was marked complete the day after completing Duet which was ~3 weeks after Casper. I still haven't done Snapshot. 🤷‍♀️

How did y'all approach question one of the secondary, their pillars question? I wrote a paragraph each to fit for leadership/curiosity/commitment but it kinda felt like a resume dump with a bunch of disconnected stories.

I'm having a rough time figuring out what on earth they want us to say, because there's no indication that they want a why us, or anything about diversity, or the normal things that schools are looking for with such a prompt.

Can I still be considered for an interview without having completed Snapshot, with the expectation that I'd complete it right before or after the interview? Or do I need to have it completed?

Snapshot takes literally 10 minutes and transmits instantly. Why not just do it?

Reactions: 5 users
How did y'all approach question one of the secondary, their pillars question? I wrote a paragraph each to fit for leadership/curiosity/commitment but it kinda felt like a resume dump with a bunch of disconnected stories.

I'm having a rough time figuring out what on earth they want us to say, because there's no indication that they want a why us, or anything about diversity, or the normal things that schools are looking for with such a prompt.
I think you can talk about diversity under those three pillars they listed. Eg your commitment to serving the underserved

For me, I thought it was most impactful to pick one and write a strong unique essay about how I embody that pillar. 3/4 of my essay was demonstrating that pillar in my life and then focused the last 1/4 on what pillar I can grow on the most. Since the prompt said "...one or more of these attributes in your path to medicine thus far..." I thought it would be better for me to focus on one, than provide three paragraphs of not as persuasive arguments. I mean, many applicants likely (totally assuming) write about all three thinking they need to relate to all three. Anyone else answer differently? I have not heard anything yet though so I could be totally doing it incorrectly.

Interesting! I did it almost the complete opposite way! I wrote an essay talking about one activity (one of my MME) and how through that activity I was able to exemplify those three concepts. I’m confident there is absolutely no right or wrong way to do it

I'm an idiot and submitted my secondary on July 30th, and then realized today that I hadn't submitted my CASPER score. Submitted it right now, am i totally screwed?

I'm an idiot and submitted my secondary on July 30th, and then realized today that I hadn't submitted my CASPER score. Submitted it right now, am i totally screwed?
Haha I did the same thing with SUNY Upstate. Try not to worry about it too much since the time has already passed

Not at all, from what I believe your application will not be considered "complete," leading to being under review until that CASPer Score is in officially. The only way it could potentially hurt your application is timing, but you're early so you should be A-OK. So, for right now your application will likely not be reviewed until the score comes back in 3-4 weeks. Don't worry, many students are likely in the same boat (I wrote my CASPer Aug 11, Submitted secondary August 3rd). I am waiting on my score and so hopefully it will be reflected in my portal after Sept 1st.

It is a good thing you got that secondary done so it is out of the way, complete and once your score is in it'll be reviewed. Just patience for now crowsnest55 :D

Do we have to complete Snapshot? My application says its ready and under review and I also got the completion email without doing snapshot, but heard somewhere that Colorado requires it.

Do we have to complete Snapshot? My application says its ready and under review and I also got the completion email without doing snapshot, but heard somewhere that Colorado requires it.
Snapshot is required.