2022-2023 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Snapshot is required.
Is it required for getting the interview or the acceptance. Debating whether to do it now, or put if off for later. Also, just a separate thing, but did you guys dress up for snapshot?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it required for getting the interview or the acceptance. Debating whether to do it now, or put if off for later. Also, just a separate thing, but did you guys dress up for snapshot?
I did mine last weekend along with Casper. Button up, blazer, and shorts for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
II earlier today. Completed 7/21.

LM 81.6 || ORM || Non-Trad || EMT || Research || 4Q CA$PER

Reactions: 1 users
II received today. OOS, LM 76, Submitted 8/17.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone still without a secondary?

OOS II complete 7/20. 2nd quartile casper.

For all of you with interview invites, what dates were offered for interviews? I'm trying to project out when interview dates are happening this cycle.

For all of you with interview invites, what dates were offered for interviews? I'm trying to project out when interview dates are happening this cycle.

I could only access September dates - 9/14 and 9/28

Members don't see this ad :)
So interviews are on Wednesdays this cycle? :unsure:

I only had Wednesday options but in the info they gave two interview schedules one for Wednesday’s and one for Friday’s

Does this school screen for CASPER?

Just submitted primary , any ballpark on how long their review tends to take before they send you a secondary or not?
Waffled for awhile, grew up with a parent always telling me they rarely accept any out of state folks and how hard it was
to get into. (Parent worked indirectly for the school many years ago.)
OOS LM 77

Just submitted primary , any ballpark on how long their review tends to take before they send you a secondary or not?
Waffled for awhile, grew up with a parent always telling me they rarely accept any out of state folks and how hard it was
to get into. (Parent worked indirectly for the school many years ago.)
OOS LM 77
My secondary came instantly after transmitting my primary

Just wanted to pop in here for people with IIs to say not to worry too much about the interview. I know it's scary because it's a group format but honestly the way they organized it was really done well. Also, who knows - I might see some of you at the interview social the night before!

How do you check if the snapshot videos are delivered ...?

Anyone interviewing this week have two interviewers listed for their individual interview on the AMP Portal?

Anyone interviewing this week have two interviewers listed for their individual interview on the AMP Portal?
a bit late but having two interviewers listed is completely normal. My individual interview last year was 2 on 1.

OOS II received today. Complete 8/19. 513, 3.8x, 3rd time applicant

Reactions: 7 users
Interview received Wednesday 9/21 (Complete 8/5. LM 71). Any current medical students willing to provide insights on the interview process. Interviewing next week.
Hey there! Current CU MS1 here. I interviewed with CU both of my cycles, so I can definitely provide some insight on the interview process and the program in general. Happy to answer any questions here or through PM!

Interview received Wednesday 9/21 (Complete 8/5. LM 71). Any current medical students willing to provide insights on the interview process. Interviewing next week.
I interviewed last cycle as well and was accepted - current MS1. Ask away

Hey there! Current CU MS1 here. I interviewed with CU both of my cycles, so I can definitely provide some insight on the interview process and the program in general. Happy to answer any questions here or through PM!
I interviewed last cycle as well and was accepted - current MS1. Ask away
Can you give us a general idea of what to expect from the group interview, group activity and the faculty interview? Are they relatively low-stress/conversational? Also what are some aspects of CUSOM that you really love or made the school stand out for you? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Can you give us a general idea of what to expect from the group interview, group activity and the faculty interview? Are they relatively low-stress/conversational? Also what are some aspects of CUSOM that you really love or made the school stand out for you? Any input is greatly appreciated!
The group activity is definitely conversational. I got the impression the school is really interested in how you communicate, interact with the other interviewers, and your fit. I remember it being an enjoyable activity both cycles. For the group interview, it really is more of an interview, but it still is conversational, since you can address and build off of each others’ points. The faculty interview is much shorter and because of that feels less conversational (at least it did for me, but maybe the other MS1 had a different experience, since I’m sure it depends on the faculty member), but there are not any real tricks or traps. CU just really cares about how you communicate with and engage with others, and they are pretty big on fit.

Speaking of fit, what really stood out to me about CU (other than the campus community and the beauty of Colorado) is the new curriculum. A lot of schools talked about how unique their curriculum is, but CU’s approach really is. We have 1 year of pre-clinical, followed by a year of specifically LIC clerkships (which was a huge plus in my mind). We then return to the classroom for a semester of “advanced science” courses to fill in gaps and prepare for Step, followed by dedicated and 1.5 years of individually tailored curriculum. There were also a lot of nuances that seem super small, but showed me an intentionality that drew me in. For example, the parts of our curriculum are named after the parts of hiking a mountain in Colorado, and we start each week with a chief concern that we follow throughout the week in what we’re learning. I’m a big fan of our curriculum and love chatting about it.

Reactions: 2 users
Like the other person said, the group interview/activity are both very conversational but it will kinda depend on who you have in your group. I definitely dislike group interviews but I will say that the way they set up made it feel like a great experience overall. My faculty interview was very much not conversational because the interviewers seemed to be very much reading down a list, which doesn't leave much time for conversation.

For your second point, I will say that there are definitely things I dislike about CUSOM (required courses that seem a little bloated, admin sometimes isn't great about giving a lot of notice about things) but I will say that my experience has still been overall very positive. The new curriculum is genuinely interesting and the fact that only our cumulative exams really count for class rank (our weekly quizzes you just have to score a 50%) make life very low-stress in comparison to other schools. Also, as an east coast person, the vibe in Colorado is great and I love a lot of my classmates - the class genuinely feels very kind and caring.

Like the other person said, the group interview/activity are both very conversational but it will kinda depend on who you have in your group. I definitely dislike group interviews but I will say that the way they set up made it feel like a great experience overall. My faculty interview was very much not conversational because the interviewers seemed to be very much reading down a list, which doesn't leave much time for conversation.

For your second point, I will say that there are definitely things I dislike about CUSOM (required courses that seem a little bloated, admin sometimes isn't great about giving a lot of notice about things) but I will say that my experience has still been overall very positive. The new curriculum is genuinely interesting and the fact that only our cumulative exams really count for class rank (our weekly quizzes you just have to score a 50%) make life very low-stress in comparison to other schools. Also, as an east coast person, the vibe in Colorado is great and I love a lot of my classmates - the class genuinely feels very kind and caring.
The group activity is definitely conversational. I got the impression the school is really interested in how you communicate, interact with the other interviewers, and your fit. I remember it being an enjoyable activity both cycles. For the group interview, it really is more of an interview, but it still is conversational, since you can address and build off of each others’ points. The faculty interview is much shorter and because of that feels less conversational (at least it did for me, but maybe the other MS1 had a different experience, since I’m sure it depends on the faculty member), but there are not any real tricks or traps. CU just really cares about how you communicate with and engage with others, and they are pretty big on fit.

Speaking of fit, what really stood out to me about CU (other than the campus community and the beauty of Colorado) is the new curriculum. A lot of schools talked about how unique their curriculum is, but CU’s approach really is. We have 1 year of pre-clinical, followed by a year of specifically LIC clerkships (which was a huge plus in my mind). We then return to the classroom for a semester of “advanced science” courses to fill in gaps and prepare for Step, followed by dedicated and 1.5 years of individually tailored curriculum. There were also a lot of nuances that seem super small, but showed me an intentionality that drew me in. For example, the parts of our curriculum are named after the parts of hiking a mountain in Colorado, and we start each week with a chief concern that we follow throughout the week in what we’re learning. I’m a big fan of our curriculum and love chatting about it.
Thank you both for all the information - you pretty much covered everything I was interested in learning about! Extremely excited about my upcoming interview!

I guess I would like to clarify one thing - in my interview confirmation email it mentions that there will be a group exercise and an individual interview, but it sounds like you both had a group activity, group interview and individual interview. Is that correct? If so, maybe somethings have changed for this cycle.

I guess I would like to clarify one thing - in my interview confirmation email it mentions that there will be a group exercise and an individual interview, but it sounds like you both had a group activity, group interview and individual interview. Is that correct? If so, maybe somethings have changed for this cycle.
Yep, it must have changed then, as I had three interview activities both of my cycles!

Got an IS interview invite today and cried real tears :) first interview of the cycle

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats to everyone on the II's :) Does anyone know if the faculty interview is open or closed file?

the faculty interview is closed file. To my knowledge, they did make the interview longer (30min instead of 15min) so it feels a bit more natural but it's a standard list of questions that they read to you.

Reactions: 3 users
I just got an IS interview and went in to schedule it and when I clicked the date I got an error message, but then when I went back to try again there weren't any dates available in any month. I tried calling the Admissions Office but they said no one was in so I tried sending them an email but I'm a little freaked out about this, especially since I already took time off work for the interview date I originally tried booking. Does anyone have any advice??
when were you complete?