2021-2022 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if people have gotten scholarships yet? 🥺🥺🥺🥺

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know when WL movement usually starts?

Reactions: 1 users
Does USC accept letters of intent?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I wish they gave more post-acceptance info lol I need more communication to satiate my excitement!!!

Does anyone know if they send out a physical copy of acceptance letter???

Its been 4-5 months since, unless it got lost in mail nothing physical came in. I havent gotten any physical acceptance letters from anywhere tbh
Yeah I assumed most didn’t do that. UCI and UC Davis did but I considered those outliers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if it's okay to bring your significant other to the accepted students day?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Wanna take one for the team and e-mail them about it? I was also wondering this!
Emailed them about seeing if my family/SO could go and they said the Accepted Students Day is for accepted students only, family will have their own orientation closer to the time of the White Coat Ceremony... :( pretty bummed as I was hoping to bring either my family or significant other too.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if the Admissions Office has office hours?

Does anyone know about timing and movement off of the waitlist in past years?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know about timing and movement off of the waitlist in past years?
I believe it has typically begun right after April 30th based on past threads. So first or second week of May! Hopefully there is good movement this year :]

Any news about when we should hear back from financial aid?

• Hmm
  • Sad
It's really shady that they wont release financial aid or scholarships before the PTE deadline. 400k is no joke to commit to.

Anyone notice this change for the LOI: "If you are holding acceptances from other schools and you wish to remain on our alternate list, you may submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) via email after April 30, 2022. Your LOI may be written in the body of your email to us. Please do not send any additional updates or materials unless requested to do so by our admissions office."

I thought I saw it say "brief" at some point. Guess not??

So, can we send a LOI if we have no acceptances but are on more than one waitlist?

So, can we send a LOI if we have no acceptances but are on more than one waitlist?
No, you can only send an LOI if you hold one or more acceptances at other medical schools. After April 30th they will be able to confirm if you have other acceptances by seeing if you have registered for Plan to Enroll to a medical school on AMCAS, so I'm assuming they are requiring other acceptances to US MD schools. If you don't hold any other acceptances they'll assume you would commit to USC if taken off the waitlist anyway. Dean Arias really dislikes unnecessary communication and places a lot of emphasis on following directions like these.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
It's really shady that they wont release financial aid or scholarships before the PTE deadline. 400k is no joke to commit to.
Doesn’t amcas make an exception or suggestion specifically for this case?

Recognize and respect the challenges of applicants with multiple acceptance offers, applicants who have not yet received an acceptance offer, and applicants who have not yet been informed about financial aid opportunities at schools to which they have been accepted.

No, you can only send an LOI if you hold one or more acceptances at other medical schools. After April 30th they will be able to confirm if you have other acceptances by seeing if you have registered for Plan to Enroll to a medical school on AMCAS, so I'm assuming they are requiring other acceptances to US MD schools. If you don't hold any other acceptances they'll assume you would commit to USC if taken off the waitlist anyway. Dean Arias really dislikes unnecessary communication and places a lot of emphasis on following directions like these.
Not sure if this is true. In my decisions email, it says that "You may submit a brief Letter of Intent (LOI) via email on or after April 30, 2022. We hope to hear from you then". No mention of emailing a LOI only under the condition that you have other acceptances.

Also from the Keck admissions website Q&A:

Q. I’ve been placed on the waitlist (alternate list). Is there anything I can do to improve my chances of being selected from the list?
A. Applicants on the waitlist (alternate list) on April 30th may send an email to the Admissions Office at [email protected] to state their desire to remain on the waitlist.

• Dislike
Not sure if this is true. In my decisions email, it says that "You may submit a brief Letter of Intent (LOI) via email on or after April 30, 2022. We hope to hear from you then". No mention of emailing a LOI only under the condition that you have other acceptances.

Also from the Keck admissions website Q&A:

Q. I’ve been placed on the waitlist (alternate list). Is there anything I can do to improve my chances of being selected from the list?
A. Applicants on the waitlist (alternate list) on April 30th may send an email to the Admissions Office at [email protected] to state their desire to remain on the waitlist.
Can anybody help confirm this? Thanks in advance!

Can anybody help confirm this? Thanks in advance!
This is false. I know a faculty member on the admissions committee who told me that Keck only places weight on letters of intent from people with other acceptances. I didn't ask him if it would be detrimental to send an LOI without other acceptances but they made it seem like you really shouldn't bother. It may seem like they're a bit ambiguous about who is permitted to send an LOI but on the official alternate list update on the USC portal it says:

"If you are holding acceptances from other schools and you wish to remain on our alternate list, you may submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) via email after April 30, 2022. Your LOI may be written in the body of your email to us. Please do not send any additional updates or materials unless requested to do so by our admissions office."

I think the logic behind that is that they will already assume you will want to go to Keck if you don't have any other acceptances.

how did y’all feel after second look? it made me feel pretty confident there’s a strong network of support there which is enticing

Wait so how long should the LOI be? I remember they mentioned it should be brief but after looking at the Alternate List message it just states a regular LOI. I was thinking about just making it like 2-3 sentences.

Just got the financial aid email… it’s not looking good buddies

• Sad
  • Care
I didn't receive a scholarship but you best believe I was reviewing my aid summary for 10 minutes in denial, thinking I couldn't find it lol. Ugggghhhh this sucks :(

bridesmaids help me im poor GIF

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Does the financial aid package look correct? I get one small loan but that is it....