2022-2023 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything yet? I've a had a pit in my stomach since I woke up aghhhhh

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Dang guess no calls today :/

Thought it would be today for sure since its been two weeks since the last Thursday

I know someone interviewing here today, so they could be waiting for the interview day to end before making calls

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is keck done giving out IIs?

Have any October interview people heard back anything today? It's almost 4 PM PST so I doubt there will be more calls

Did anyone else received an updates who interviewed late OCT?

Interviewed late Oct, got an acceptance call yesterday at around noon PT!

• Love
I know not everyone uses SDN but the last reported II in this thread was literally in late September...what is going on with this school

Reactions: 2 users
I know not everyone uses SDN but the last reported II in this thread was literally in late September...what is going on with this school
I think it's because they gave out a lot of IIs early on and they may need to open up new interview slots. For context, I received an II mid August and the earliest possible date to sign up was mid December

I think it's because they gave out a lot of IIs early on and they may need to open up new interview slots. For context, I received an II mid August and the earliest possible date to sign up was mid December
When were you complete?

Seems like the move was to send the secondary late July at the latest 🙃

I checked last year's thread and last fall they were only scheduling interviews a month out...wonder why they front-loaded IIs so hard this year

I received my II late Aug, and my interview was earlier this month. They've been scheduling interviews veeerrry far out :/

accepted student here; can any current students comment on how many first years live on/off campus, and pros/cons of either?

Anyone here anything for decisions today yet? If so, what date did you interview?

Reactions: 4 users
Got a call from a spam number today and my heart almost exploded...I can't take this anymore :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I feel like Dean Arias said she'd call us at 1/3pm PT if im correct

accepted student here; can any current students comment on how many first years live on/off campus, and pros/cons of either?
I'd estimate around 50% of MS1s live on campus at Currie Hall in a given year with the other half living in the surrounding areas or commuting from home. Currie is convenient as you don't need a car and it is like a 7 minute walk from classes. It has study spaces and is overall a pretty nice and new apartment complex. The main complaint I hear is there is a loud train right next to it and a daycare, so it gets loud. It's more social since more students are there and gives more of a college dorm/apartment vibe. The campus and Currie are in a food desert though with no nearby grocery stores.

Living off campus gives more options obviously which is nice but you would have to deal with commuting and traffic. In preclinical, you don't have required class every day so you'd probably need to make the drive around 3 times a week on average. Either option works but most people probably live in Currie for the first year and move after, or even stay there.

• Love
Has anyone who interviewed in the last week of October heard anything yet?

I interviewed 10/27 and I haven't heard anything back yet.