2022-2023 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did anyone who has interviewed already just got another interview invite ???? Is it a glitch? Legit gave me a heart attack I thought I got accepted :(

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone who has interviewed already just got another interview invite ???? Is it a glitch? Legit gave me a heart attack I thought I got accepted :(
Nothing here! you might wanna email/call tomorrow to make sure there's nothing wrong

I also got this! Assuming its just a glitch and we don't have to worry about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys can just forward that to me no problem!

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
i emailed their office, waiting to hear back, cant find a phone number though

Reactions: 1 user
For people who submitted updates, did you send your letter to admissions as per their site instructions or upload them directly to the portal? This is what Admissions said on their site, but there is a tab for documents in the portal. I wasn't sure which to use so any guidance would be great!

We are happy to receive updates to your application and add them to your application file for review and consideration by our admissions committee once your application has been verified by AMCAS. Please send this additional information in a Word document or PDF file via email to [email protected]. We ask that you limit your updates to those that are significant and relevant to your application
I emailed it per the instructions!

Reactions: 1 users
Just adding on, but you can also upload updates to the portal as per the applicant portal FAQ if anyone was wondering:

• Since I applied, I have updates to my application. How can I let you know? Please update AMCAS with whatever information you can. If that is not possible, please upload the additional information in our applicant portal. You can also send any updates to us via email at [email protected] for MD applicants and [email protected] for MSTP applicants.

II Dec 5, submitted early august. OOS. Submitted secondary on 8/5. 519 MCAT, 3.9ogpa, 3.96 BCPM, PhD student

II today, complete 8/03. No open dates at the moment. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

II today, complete 8/03. No open dates at the moment. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
same I emailed them hopefully it'll be up tomorrow or later today!

same I emailed them hopefully it'll be up tomorrow or later today!
I experienced this last time and they said they only show interview dates within a month plus their winter break is coming up so that's why you don't see any dates but I bet they will reach out to each of you tomorrow to manually schedule your interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
are any of y’all who got a II recently in-state. Your boy was so hopeful to at least get an interview here :,(

II yesterday and I am over the freakin moon! Hands down my dream school. Secondary submitted 7/22, LizzyM 72, non-trad, OOS, ORM. I also don't see any interview dates available in the portal and sent an email last night!

Any other people who interviewed just think they got rejected😂 i saw the phrase “i regret to inform you…” and nearly died

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Any other people who interviewed just think they got rejected😂 i saw the phrase “i regret to inform you…” and nearly died
I had a heart attack before I could finish reading the email

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I almost died seeing that email

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know about Vanderbilt's post-II rates? MSAR makes it sound like it's either an acceptance or waitlist with an interview - do they do post-II R's?

If I remember correctly, they said that if you don't receive an acceptance in the December round, you are automatically moved to the next admissions round. And then again for the third and last round if you are not offered an acceptance in the second one. So in a way it is A or WL for now. Then I believe they encourage you to express interest if you want to remain in the WL come April.

Hope someone else can confirm this to be sure, though
Thank you very much! This is really helpful

If I remember correctly, they said that if you don't receive an acceptance in the December round, you are automatically moved to the next admissions round. And then again for the third and last round if you are not offered an acceptance in the second one. So in a way it is A or WL for now. Then I believe they encourage you to express interest if you want to remain in the WL come April.

Hope someone else can confirm this to be sure, though
This is my understanding too!

invitation to in person campus tour got me again lol

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know about Vanderbilt's post-II rates? MSAR makes it sound like it's either an acceptance or waitlist with an interview - do they do post-II R's?
1670875072671.png

Data from last cycle. post-II rates: 351/732 ~48% acceptance

At the interview they said if you don’t get in by March you automatically go on the waitlist

Is Vanderbilt done sending out IIs? They're nearing their 600 invite estimate :,))

Is Vanderbilt done sending out IIs? They're nearing their 600 invite estimate :,))
Last year they sent ~730 interview invites total. The 650 is not including md PhD but the online tracker does include that

• Wow
4 more days to Friday when the first wave acceptance is suppose to be released :) Hanging in there ... if i don't get accepted this Friday I will be so sad :(

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
4 more days to Friday when the first wave acceptance is suppose to be released :) Hanging in there ... if i don't get accepted this Friday I will be so sad :(
i'm wondering if friday will actually be the day, though. it was the day last year, but MSAR says dec 20th is the first day for acceptances. not sure what everyone else thinks. Also, last year, acceptances in the first wave came over two days

i'm wondering if friday will actually be the day, though. it was the day last year, but MSAR says dec 20th is the first day for acceptances. not sure what everyone else thinks. Also, last year, acceptances in the first wave came over two days
Yeah I have this question too. I mean it’s probably safe to say it will either be this Friday or sometime next week tho, so we shouldn’t worry about it too much

Yeah I have this question too. I mean it’s probably safe to say it will either be this Friday or sometime next week tho, so we shouldn’t worry about it too much
does any one know what is the date listed on MSAR last year ?

Since there's a campus visit day on the 19th, I'm betting they won't release decisions until the 20th hence why MSAR says the 20th this year. Would be brutal for the people who made travel arrangements for Monday to get rejected tomorrow.
they dont send out rejections until March to my understanding. If you don't get in on Dec you go to the next round in Feb, then at March you are waitlisted (still no rejection), formal rejection comes out in summer. Anyways, I think it will be 20th as well.

ahhhhhhhh hoping today's the day!!! good luck y'all! <3

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
welp, time to refresh this page every 5 min like a maniac

accepted 1pm CT. God is gracious of me. Cannot believe a lazy and stupid person like me is going to be a doctor. Interviewed early November.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
accepted 1pm CT. God is gracious of me. Cannot believe a lazy and stupid person like me is going to be a doctor. Interviewed early November.
Stop with that negative self-talk. You're going to be an incredible and intelligent doctor and your patients are going to be amazingly lucky to have you :)

Reactions: 4 users
Stop with that negative self-talk. You're going to be an incredible and intelligent doctor and your patients are going to be amazingly lucky to have you :)
now to deal with my imposter syndromes. Anyways, super grateful for this opportunity

• Care
Reactions: 3 users